• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 0 ) at New Orleans ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Indiana ( -4 ) at Memphis ( 4 ) —- T: 203.5
    8:30 PM EST : Golden State ( -2.5 ) at Boston ( 2.5 ) —- T: 230.5
    9:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 9 ) at Denver ( -9 ) —- T: 225
    10:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 10.5 ) at Portland ( -10.5 ) —- T: 228.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

What place did you end up in?

6th

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

6th

I saw you up there in 2nd. For awhile I thought I was sitting pretty with about 275 with 125 or so minutes remaining. ended up about 375

• chronoxiong

Anyone got a link to the Baller GPP? What would my 288.2 finish in it? Just curious.

• DirkDigglerz

@chronoxiong said...

Anyone got a link to the Baller GPP? What would my 288.2 finish in it? Just curious.

285 is the cashline I think

• chronoxiong

@DirkDigglerz said...

285 is the cashline I think

Nice. Nothing wrong with getting minimum GPP cash. Wished I was in it tonight lol. Thanks for responding bro.

• papemerson

Anyone know what was first place in the main $9 tourney on FanDuel? Didnt get in on time so had to settle for the second round tourney and finished in 3rd place. Wondering how I’d have done in the big one.

• damionismyname

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

@papemerson said...

Anyone know what was first place in the main $9 tourney on FanDuel? Didnt get in on time so had to settle for the second round tourney and finished in 3rd place. Wondering how I’d have done in the big one.

100034ftps for first on fd.

• SkateFiend

Denver scored 126 points but still managed to screw people who used their players (besides Jokic and maybe Plumlee).

• papemerson

No idea what that means

• ASalvaro

@Pandamonious said...

I think I’m going to get close. Not sure. I know there’s stuff behind me too. This is where I should just stop following and check in 2 hours and try to take my mind off things.

impossible to do lol

• papemerson

Can anyone tell me where I’d place with 355 fantasy points on FanDuel in the $9 main tourney

• cjs5555

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

6th

question….you’re attempting to do this full time, right? what do you consider the barometer for success on a given night (or on average throughout the week or month)? …knowing that you need to not only maintain your capital but also profit enough on average to pay your bills… By my calculation, you paid in 150 lineups into the DK Big Jam, so $1,500 in entry fees… You came in 6th ($2,000), 27th ($350), 136-152-163-163-206-215 ($50 each)….maybe my search is missing some winning lineups, but that tells me you won $1,150 profit on $1,500 in entries. I’m guessing this would be a good night under the assumption it’s very difficult to consistently hit top-10 finishes.

Is it worth it? What’s the sustainability? I’m definitely not trying to be a jerk or troll….I’m just curious what your calculus is if you’re willing to share. It’s something I’ve always wondered about the pros.

• papemerson

Your rankings seem to indicate you do this full time as well

• cjs5555

RG Overall Ranking

@papemerson said...

Your rankings seem to indicate you do this full time as well

if you’re responding to me, i’m generally a single-bullet guy many nights, do this as a hobby outside work because i really like sports and the stats angle. i’m pretty good at baseball, this is only my second NBA season, so still learning….

edit… I would add, 2015, 2016, 2017 were profitable for me but 2018 was not. I don’t think the rankings on RG have much to do with profitability and probably correlate more to volume and high-$ entry.

• damionismyname

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

@papemerson said...

Can anyone tell me where I’d place with 355 fantasy points on FanDuel in the $9 main tourney

0.000078 dollars

• papemerson

Wow. What was the top score. I finished 3rd w tbst score in the secondary one so I’m starting to wonder if theres value playing in the overlay tournaments

• papemerson

I feel you but based off ur rotogrinders rankings you seem to have done well this way no?

Anyways as to the questions u asked I think the real way to succeed is playing the higher entry tournaments if u have the capability. 5-10 $55 entries rather than 100 $9 ones

• terlingua

…forgot to quote.

• terlingua

@cjs5555 said...

question….you’re attempting to do this full time, right? what do you consider the barometer for success on a given night (or on average throughout the week or month)? …knowing that you need to not only maintain your capital but also profit enough on average to pay your bills… By my calculation, you paid in 150 lineups into the DK Big Jam, so $1,500 in entry fees… You came in 6th ($2,000), 27th ($350), 136-152-163-163-206-215 ($50 each)….maybe my search is missing some winning lineups, but that tells me you won $1,150 profit on $1,500 in entries. I’m guessing this would be a good night under the assumption it’s very difficult to consistently hit top-10 finishes.

Is it worth it? What’s the sustainability? I’m definitely not trying to be a jerk or troll….I’m just curious what your calculus is if you’re willing to share. It’s something I’ve always wondered about the pros.

Not trying to speak for Panda or anyone but remember those gpps pay out the top 20-24% depending. Panda and other pros probably have at least a 30% win (cash) rate on average (or better) so even if you take off his 10 best scores and assume he had 40 more that cashed. Well that helps enormously to take the pressure off…and a fair number would always do better than minimum cashing.

If you have 50 of 150 cashing then you just hope for some runners to get near the top.

Even a laggard like me maintains a 30% cash rate in multi entry contests on both FD and DK. Last year that was 25% but has improved this year.

• cjs5555

RG Overall Ranking

@terlingua said...

Not trying to speak for Panda or anyone but remember those gpps pay out the top 20-24% depending. Panda and other pros probably have at least a 30% win (cash) rate on average (or better) so even if you take off his 10 best scores and assume he had 40 more that cashed. Well that helps enormously to take the pressure off…and a fair number would always do better than minimum cashing.

If you have 50 of 150 cashing then you just hope for some runners to get near the top.

Even a laggard like me maintains a 30% cash rate in multi entry contests on both FD and DK. Last year that was 25% but has improved this year.

right….I was just basing off the fact that I typed in “panda” to the DK big jam contest and only 8 results came up, so I was assuming those were the entries above the cashline. I could be wrong.

edit….you’re definitely right….a search on the RG results database yielded that he had waaaaay more lineups cashing than what i saw, so the ROI is definitely higher.

• superjon

$79 in entries, finished +$4 thanks to the late night stack in some of my LU’s

• got9forya

ok for yall. 349.60 was the winning lineup in FD for the 9.99 entry

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler