3:30 PM EST : Houston ( -1 ) at Denver ( 1 ) —- T: 227
    4:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -3 ) at San Antonio ( 3 ) —- T: 223
    6:00 PM EST : Washington ( 1 ) at Atlanta ( -1 ) —- T: 240.5
    6:00 PM EST : Boston ( -1 ) at New Orleans ( 1 ) —- T: 228
    6:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -4 ) at Orlando ( 4 ) —- T: 218
    6:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 1.5 ) at New York ( -1.5 ) —- T: 222.5
    6:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 3 ) at Memphis ( -3 ) —- T: 235
    9:00 PM EST : Indiana ( -1 ) at Portland ( 1 ) —- T: 220

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Pick1979 said...

i would say mitchell has a good shot of playing only 25 minutes given a hardenless and westbrook less Rockets team goes to Utah and loses by 25

Right. That was my point. For Gobert and Mitchell to both pay off the game would have to go relatively high and tight. If it does, then someone(s) from the Rockets will pay off.

• siddom

cashed not complaining but it pissess me off booker and trae only took 24 shots to commemorate Kobe —- thats some bs for DFS purposes

• yisman

tmarohl, these are not the sharpest odds, but DK still has Lakers +300 to win it all. It’s been that price for like a month.

FD has +320

FOX has +350

About the same as the Bucks.

5D will repost odds tomorrow, curious to see what they have.

• damionismyname

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

Sadly I had 350.7 and Sabonis’s useless assist and Holidays useless 3 knocked me out of cash which is know 351. That was the last boys and girls, not depositing for NBA anymore this year, can’t justify wasting more money on this. Good luck and hope you guys continue to enjoy this and hopefully someone hits the big one.

• siddom

@damionismyname said...

Sadly I had 350.7 and Sabonis’s useless assist and Holidays useless 3 knocked me out of cash which is know 351. That was the last boys and girls, not depositing for NBA anymore this year, can’t justify wasting more money on this. Good luck and hope you guys continue to enjoy this and hopefully someone hits the big one.

try dk – fd is tough

• tmarohl

@yisman said...

tmarohl, these are not the sharpest odds, but DK still has Lakers +300 to win it all. It’s been that price for like a month.

FD has +320

FOX has +350

About the same as the Bucks.

5D will repost odds tomorrow, curious to see what they have.

Just seems from an emotional standpoint that the Lakers will bear down and kick butt the rest of the year.

• SkateFiend

@damionismyname said...

Don’t you have some crowns you accumulated on DK? I’m living on those at the moment.

• yisman

@tmarohl said...

Just seems from an emotional standpoint that the Lakers will bear down and kick butt the rest of the year.

I just don’t buy it.

The coaching staff didn’t coach Kobe, the players didn’t play with Kobe.

Yes, the jersey is the same, but even if you argue that these guys really want to win for Kobe (which I question), are they really going to play better now than before? I’m sure they were all plenty motivated to win the title.

Kobe’s last season:

Byron Scott coached

Randle, Nance, D’Load, Clarkson, Lou Will were his notable teammates

• yisman

checking the standings for the $23K Sun NBA Fadeaway on FD, tons of users entered the same lineup 100 times. Just massive trains at every score line. smh.

• tmarohl

@yisman said...

I just don’t buy it.

The coaching staff didn’t coach Kobe, the players didn’t play with Kobe.

Yes, the jersey is the same, but even if you argue that these guys really want to win for Kobe (which I question), are they really going to play better now than before? I’m sure they were all plenty motivated to win the title.

Kobe’s last season:

Byron Scott coached

Randle, Nance, D’Load, Clarkson, Lou Will were his notable teammates

Hopefully it motivates Giannis to win the title :)

• yisman

@tmarohl said...

Hopefully it motivates Giannis to win the title :)

I’d say you can make a better case that it motivates Giannis than saying it motivates Glass.

Glass is going to be GTD/questionable every game just like before.

For the record, as I said before the season, the Lakers are the last team I’d want to bet on to win the title (given the odds, obviously excluding teams that won’t make the playoffs). I think the Bucks and Clippers each have a better chance.

• tmarohl

@yisman said...

I’d say you can make a better case that it motivates Giannis than saying it motivates Glass.

Glass is going to be GTD/questionable every game just like before.

For the record, as I said before the season, the Lakers are the last team I’d want to bet on to win the title (given the odds, obviously excluding teams that won’t make the playoffs). I think the Bucks and Clippers each have a better chance.

I don’t know. I think Lakers pull it together with a “This is for Kobe” moment.

• yisman

Randle, on the Knicks, bottom 5

Nance, on the Cavs, bottom 5

D’Load, on the Dubs, bottom 5

Clarkson, on Utah, but this is an asterisk, because he was also with the Cavs (bottom 5) until recently

Lou Will the only one that started the season on a contender. Random factoid.

• Pick1979

@tmarohl said...

in short……no.

• SkateFiend

@yisman said...

checking the standings for the $23K Sun NBA Fadeaway on FD, tons of users entered the same lineup 100 times. Just massive trains at every score line. smh.

This is just a reality of NBA DFS.

Even in a 8-9 game slate, half the player pool or more are already out of the equation. There is no chance that Eric Gordon will ever outscore James Harden in a normal NBA game, whereas in the MLB, Jeff Mathis could hit a 2 run bomb on a night when Mike Trout goes 1 for 4.

Realistically there are probably 20 players who won’t automatically kill your team by either completely choking or failing to reach their ceiling. That’s it. Go out of that range by even one player and you won’t win anything big. The optimizers probably help narrow down the player pool to the most optimal few and players will mix and match or run trains from that 20,30 players.

You couldn’t do that as well with MLB, where variance occurs within the entire pool, not just top 20% or so who is expected to make the difference.

• Pick1979

@siddom said...

try dk – fd is tough

its easier to win on FD. You can almost play anyone some nites and pricing is soft. The softer pricing leads to higher scores but if you can’t grab high enough scores on FD you probably need to start playing the higher priced chalkier guys more (at their position)

GL on Draft Kings you …….gotta really have a good handle on the low and mid range guy’s that may play more minutes and grab you 8x and its just very tight pricing on DK.

• yisman

@SkateFiend said...

This is just a reality of NBA DFS.

Even in a 8-9 game slate, half the player pool or more are already out of the equation. There is no chance that Eric Gordon will ever outscore James Harden in a normal NBA game, whereas in the MLB, Jeff Mathis could hit a 2 run bomb on a night when Mike Trout goes 1 for 4.

Realistically there are probably 20 players who won’t automatically kill your team by either completely choking or failing to reach their ceiling. That’s it. Go out of that range by even one player and you won’t win anything big. The optimizers probably help narrow down the player pool to the most optimal few and players will mix and match or run trains from that 20,30 players.

You couldn’t do that as well with MLB, where variance occurs within the entire pool, not just top 20% or so who is expected to make the difference.

I understand different people will have the same lineup, and I am well aware of the fact that the NBA has far less variance than other sports (which is why optimizers are so prevalent).

The “smh” was directed at the sheer number of individual users too lazy and/or stupid to enter different lineups, so they literally have 100 entry trains going.

3+ pages of results of just their train.

• SkateFiend

@yisman said...

I understand different people will have the same lineup.

The “smh” was directed at the sheer number of individual users too lazy and/or stupid to enter different lineups, so they literally have 100 entry trains going.

They’re colluding, or they just ran lineups dictated by optimizers. It’s a 6 game slate where Beal, Young and Dame were the likely 50 burger candidates and Theis became the value center. The variance would ultimately come from the Pacers and Celtics guards and forwards. Would Warren or Sabonis score 50 or 25? Maybe Justin Holiday will put up a surprise 40 points. The core was almost predetermined.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that the path to optimal lineup in the NBA is very narrow. It goes one way, almost literally. You have to manually collect the 5,6 players who would provide the edge. I can’t try to beat the crowd by thinking “I’ll be sly and stack the Marlins” or something.

People know this, so they just stake everything on similar lineups. What the point of starting Khem Birch and Cam Reddish in a slate like this? Almost zero. I doubt these players were common in trains.

• gaelicgirl

@SkateFiend said...

What the point of starting Khem Birch and Cam Reddish in a slate like this?

I actually played Khem Birch tonight LOL and found the only Khem Birch gif in existence

He got me 24 at 0.3% in my one Swat entry and one of the small Block games. Anyway, his cheap price let me get Dame and Whiteside at extremely low ownership, along with Kawhi. Was able to cash in both contests for $6 with the low, low score of 351.8 that included 17.1 from LeVert and 10.3 from Ariza.

So that was the point of starting Khem Birch, I guess?

• gaelicgirl

@damionismyname said...

Sorry to read this, Damion…you’re one of my favorite people here…

Hope you change your mind, it won’t be the same without you!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).