NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 3.5 ) at Atlanta ( -3.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 2.5 ) at Houston ( -2.5 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : New York ( 11 ) at Utah ( -11 ) —- T: 214

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Wooden_Bones

Something to keep in mind: This will be the first game Oladipo, Wall, and Cousins play together.

While that doesn’t concern me too much with Cousins, since he’s essentially going to be Houston’s main big man, it does worry me that Wall’s and Oladipo’s usage will take a significant enough hit that neither make value.

• biga0787

Will Solomon Hill see a lot of run in a blowout?

• Bodiaz36

That is correct, will be interesting to see how those 3 mesh together on court. I’d be more inclined to go with Wall than Oladipo, at least on FD where Dipo imo seems overpriced if they’re at full strength. Deciding between Wall and Conley at PG is something I’m going to have to dig into as the day progresses

• frugal

@Wooden_Bones said...

Something to keep in mind: This will be the first game Oladipo, Wall, and Cousins play together.

While that doesn’t concern me too much with Cousins, since he’s essentially going to be Houston’s main big man, it does worry me that Wall’s and Oladipo’s usage will take a significant enough hit that neither make value.

Not only that, Gordon is in the picture as well and they have House coming back which will eat into value plays. That said, I’m going to have HOU exposure on such a small slate and great matchup, impossible to avoid.

• scorer79

On FD I’d rather take a shot on (holds breath) Alex Len. I think Robinson is the one person going overlooked that could go absolutely nuts tonight.

• marvalgames

@monarch said...

Terence Mann 4400 is not overpriced. I will have plenty.

Interesting. How many minutes would you expect?

• scorer79

@marvalgames said...

I like him but need to dig deeper. He’s put up a 30 already this season and had a 50 pt game last year. On such a small slate, he’s worth a shot if you can get a strong build around him.

• monarch

@marvalgames said...

I dont expect anything. Probably 16 floor with upside for 28. He is Anfernee Simons who 10x yesterday. He gets a rotation each half and the opportunity to close in either script and he is one of their best defenders for Huerter, Young, Reddish sans Kawhi Leonard, Patrick Beverley and Paul George and most importantly he can be a FPPM monster.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Yikes – over special last night. Sorry Monarch, once again my best takes are the ones I keep to myself. So you can fade this take today. RJax is a hard pass for me at 6800

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

@Dookie said...

I see Wagner is out for washington. Anyone else like Robin Lopez?

I’d rather have Len

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

@Bodiaz36 said...

Deciding between Wall and Conley at PG is something I’m going to have to dig into as the day progresses

It’s easily Wall right? I dont ever play Utah guys though

• jv21

• Ranked #73

RG Tiered Ranking

I know it’s only a three game slate, but I am thinking a rule of max 1 Knick could be good in MME.

• Njsum1

@dominicanpapi said...

Folks, unless Silas says he’s on a minutes limit, I would play John Wall. I watched an interview he did with one of the local beat writers for the Wizards, and if there ever was a revenge narrative, this would be it.

Love wall tonight. Here’s the problem. Silas didn’t say he was on a minutes last game and lo and behold…..minutes limit.

It would be nice to hear that he’s not on one tonight

• JSteele

“[There are] a lot of people on that side that probably didn’t believe I could come back to be the person I am,” Wall said. “Who wouldn’t want to beat the team that traded them and felt like I was done?
    -John Wall on the Wizards

• Njsum1

@JSteele said...

“[There are] a lot of people on that side that probably didn’t believe I could come back to be the person I am,” Wall said. “Who wouldn’t want to beat the team that traded them and felt like I was done?
    -John Wall on the Wizards

Only concern is a minutes limit. Narrative doesn’t hurt, yet the matchup was choice anyway

• JSteele

@Njsum1 said...

Only concern is a minutes limit. Narrative doesn’t hurt, yet the matchup was choice anyway

3 days off should help that. I kind of hope we don’t hear news so he stays lower owned.

• JSteele

Speaking of Narratives who wants to jump on the Lemon Pepper Lou narrative

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

Without the blowout Wall would of played 26 mins at minimum. I could make a case if the game was close he could of played 32. I think 32 is a good starting point for a mins projection for today

• bazerko

Fantasy Labs has Wall projected for 35-40% ownership right now.

• draftkings5464

@realphipps said...

The most important research of the day…

When did LAC land in Atlanta, and what time does Magic City turn off the fryers?

Asking the real questions.

• superjon

If I’m playing anyone from LAC on FD, then I want at least 35 points.

The only ones to do that with any consistency over the last 2 seasons has been Lou and Ibaka. So I’ll start there and be underweight on the rest of them.

• jdtrey

@JSteele said...

Speaking of Narratives who wants to jump on the Lemon Pepper Lou narrative

You mean the he stayed out too late last night or already has a table waiting after the game so he’s checked out?
    Or the opposite, he wants to show out for the girls before he arrives to a heroes welcome after the game?

• NarrowJ

Looking at the game flow for HOUvDAL the other night, it looks like starters lost about 6 minutes of 4th quarter run due to the game being out of hand. But, also noticed Wall did not finish the 1st half either. I would guess he could go upper 20s tonight, which probably gives him a ceiling of lower 40s, lets say, if he goes 28 minutes? I think he would need full minutes to get into that 7x territory, jmo.

• Njsum1

@jdtrey said...

You mean the he stayed out too late last night or already has a table waiting after the game so he’s checked out?
    Or the opposite, he wants to show out for the girls before he arrives to a heroes welcome after the game?

Haha

• frugal

@theIrrigator said...

Without the blowout Wall would of played 26 mins at minimum. I could make a case if the game was close he could of played 32. I think 32 is a good starting point for a mins projection for today

Boy that feels high to me. HOU pushing him resulted in him missing 5 games. If it was up to Wall, I’m sure he’d love to play 48 tonight and rest until he faces them again, but I imagine HOU wants to keep him healthy. I’d bet he sees < 30. Still a good play as I think his teammates are going to defer to him and want him to have a huge game.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).