7:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 14.5 ) at Cleveland ( -14.5 ) —- T: 226
    7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 0 ) at Boston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( -1 ) at New York ( 1 ) —- T: 212.5
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 3.5 ) at Atlanta ( -3.5 ) —- T: 211.5
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( 0 ) at Philadelphia ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Miami ( 6 ) at Chicago ( -6 ) —- T: 204.5
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 0 ) at New Orleans ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 1 ) at Portland ( -1 ) —- T: 207.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• tcmoney98

JJ a former Bulls draft pick…lock him up!

• superbuckwild

• Blogger of the Month

This model conversation thing is actually pretty hilarious. Apparently everybody on this site is a computer programmer and is making programs to predict FD results that are so amazing that they still come to this site to read a bunch of nobodies giving their thoughts. Seriously people, if your model is x ing out players that play less than 10 minutes a game on the rotogrinder lineup builder, I hate to break it to you but you are not the next bill gates lol…

• SCARMENTO

@Youngbandit09 said...

okaru been taking value away from Johnson

with whiteside out i think it will eat into both. esp. if one of the two are in foul trouble early. just sucks he isnt on fd.

• odeethedon

If Reed gets the minutes tonight he should be fine it’s just Spolestra is random with his rotations sometimes. Okaro played more mins than him last game but maybe those minutes were taken away from James Johnson since he played only 19 mins

• GGee87

@superbuckwild said...

Finished tied for 3rd last night in the Fanduel dime for $550. I have no clue what is going on with Favors, but he stunk last night and Jazz did not play him at all for the last 9 minutes of a close game against the Lakers with no foul trouble issues. It cost me an extra 200 bucks so I would love to know what the issue is with him. The lineup I went with last night for a score of 330.2 was Westbrook, Nelson, Seth Curry, Knight, Justin Anderson, Harry Barnes, Jokic, Favors and Towns. On to tonight’s slate of games…

If Derozan is out, I think you absolutely have to consider the raptors players that gain when he is out, like the Norm Powell’s of the world, Ross, Lowry etc… It is a 10 game slate, but when a guy that has a 34% plus usage is out of the lineup you have to take advantage of that.

Not sure about the philly news yet, but if Joel is out that Noel is a must play and if Leonard is out then Aldridge is a must against Pelicans. Again, the extra usage is something you have to take advantage of.

There is a good possibility that Whiteside is out or limited, so I will be firing up Dragic at his price as a cash game play and I think he probably has enough upside against the bulls to play in a GPP as well. I will be playing Wade in Gpp’s as well against his former team with all the bs social media stuff that came out, I am thinking that he will take about 25 shots tonight. I do think though that I prefer putting in Batum at SG in may cash games at a similar price point because he is just so safe and has a great match against the knicks.

I will definitely be using a bit of Covington in GPP lineups against Houston and love the Conley/Gasol pairing against Portland. Gasol is a great cash game lock at C. Portland matchup is great and Memphis is banged up so they will be playing him minutes.

If you can fit in Lebron for cash I think it is pretty safe despite the potential blowout factor but I am not sure that I would play him in a GPP, the upside might not be there.

I have seen some arguing around whether to roster Thomas or Wall tonight. I think that they are both relatively safe for cash, not sure I will play either for GPP because the price is pretty high. I can see guys like Lowry (if derozan is out) and dragic getting FD points slightly below Wall and Thomas for much cheaper and I can use the savings to spend up somewhere else.

Payton burned a lot of people the other day which mean I will be going back to him for Gpp’s. Thomas is not a good defender and Boston doesn’t really have a rim protector that will keep him from driving the paint like he likes to do, so there is definitely some upside and he has flashed 50 – 60 fd point upside this year.

Hope that helps everyone…

Congrats on the score bro. I also had a letdown from Favors who I thought was way underpriced for the spot he was in and how he had been playing recently. Oh well. It happens to the best of us. I was off of Nelson for some odd reason so that automatically doomed most of my lineups.

• gausman7

@WidumBoise said...

Sure- he is popping in my model.

BAHAHA!

• gausman7

@gausman7 said...

BAHAHA!

always been a big Dom Twan fan…dude is in on the joke.

• NBAFantasy101

Ryan Anderson or Kidd-Gilchrist?

• gaelicgirl

Please pardon the dumb question, still trying to learn NBA: Why is it bad if a game is a blowout? I take blowout to mean one team crushing the other.

• clrockny24

@gaelicgirl said...

Please pardon the dumb question, still trying to learn NBA: Why is it bad if a game is a blowout? I take blowout to mean one team crushing the other.

There a lot of factors, but I would say one is that top players may not play as much if a team gets a big lead.

• xdan3220

@gaelicgirl said...

Generally in the case of a blowout the main guys you’d be thinking about using are going to get less minutes and less opportunity for points because of it. I tend to only factor it in to Star players who cost 9k plus since it makes it hard to get the points if they aren’t getting 35+ minutes. Obviously you don’t want anyone on the team getting blownout. For mid priced guys I don’t really care much about it, since if it’s a blowout they probably had to get some to get there.

• Vanco

@gaelicgirl said...

Starters often won’t play into the 4th quarter. But if it’s a blowout that means the stars probably racked up lots of points anyway. I generally dont worry about the blowout risk.

• NarrowJ

Okaro’s NBA sample size is pretty small, so I dug a little deeper.

He had 3 blocks in 27 minutes in his last game, but he is only 6’8” 204lbs and averaged barely half a block per game in college.

He also hit 2 out of 3 from 3-pt range. In college he shot about 1 three pointer per game or a little more on average, making 32% of them. (keeping in mind college 3-pt line is 3 feet closer).

After digging in, I would compare him to maybe Finney-Smith from Dallas. He is a 0.5 FP/minute player who happened to have an outlier performance and will probably have a line closer to like 4 pts 4 reb 1 ast and no defensive peripherals even if he plays 30 minutes. Definitely worth a flier if you’re feelin’ froggy though.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Because they are unpredictable. You want your players to have minutes. Minutes = fantasy points. High priced players tend to rest in blowouts meaning they play less minutes. Conversely, the bench scrubs tend to get more minutes in blowouts. They are usually lower priced and can put up huge numbers in these situations. The problem is, since blowouts are so unpredictable, you will go broke playing the bench scrubs because if you are banking on them the blowout actually has to occur.

• joeyhawk42

IM still mad Jim Carrey didn’t play Powell last night
    IM going with
    Irving, ZBO, Parker I feel like these three are more likely to get me 150 than George,Gasol, Lebron
    Some mid tier guys and N Powell

• Kuhn2632

@gaelicgirl said...

Blowouts lead to less minutes for starters. Less minutes means less opportunity for points. Yes, guys can go nuts in 3 quarters leading to the blowout, but missing out on 8 minutes severely limits a players ceiling.

• xdan3220

@NarrowJ said...

He had 3 blocks in 27 minutes in his last game, but he is only 6’8” 204lbs and averaged barely half a block per game in college.

He also hit 2 out of 3 from 3-pt range. In college he shot about 1 three pointer per game or a little more on average, making 32% of them. (keeping in mind college 3-pt line is 3 feet closer).

After digging in, I would compare him to maybe Finney-Smith from Dallas. He is a 0.5 FP/minute player who happened to have an outlier performance and will probably have a line closer to like 4 pts 4 reb 1 ast and no defensive peripherals even if he plays 30 minutes. Definitely worth a flier if you’re feelin’ froggy though.

Well done, seeing big outliers like the blocks is a great way to find the traps

• Dfspacman

Isn’t the Cavs going to blowout the nets by halftime?

• Authentk

Am I the only one who noticed the Mil @ Tor game isn’t posted? What am i missing?

• lllongshottt

@Dfspacman said...

Isn’t the Cavs going to blowout the nets by halftime?

And the Thunder were going to blowout the Mavs… And the Jazz the Lakers…

• krazyju84

@NarrowJ said...

most useful post in last 5 pages

• Fantasypoorboy

@joeyhawk42 said...

IM still mad Jim Carrey didn’t play Powell last night
    IM going with
    Irving, ZBO, Parker I feel like these three are more likely to get me 150 than George,Gasol, Lebron
    Some mid tier guys and N Powell

He looked more like Jim last night than he ever has lol…BOWTIES.

• armchairwarriors

Who will the alphabet defend tonight ?

• BSEE23

Which games are likely going to be blow outs?

• dillz846

I am really liking a Porzingis bounce back game tonight, Knicks will match up well against them if Zeller is out.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).