7:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 14.5 ) at Cleveland ( -14.5 ) —- T: 226
    7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 0 ) at Boston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( -1 ) at New York ( 1 ) —- T: 212.5
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 3.5 ) at Atlanta ( -3.5 ) —- T: 211.5
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( 0 ) at Philadelphia ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Miami ( 6 ) at Chicago ( -6 ) —- T: 204.5
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 0 ) at New Orleans ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 1 ) at Portland ( -1 ) —- T: 207.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• TrustinthePlan

If Embiid plays, I am all in on Embiid. Got the All Star snub and he will go ape on Houston like Westy did when he didn’t get announced to the starting lineup. I’m going to go out on a limb and say he will put up a 60 burger in his 28 minutes tonight if he plays and will make it a point to block Harden at least once.

• lastcallcasualty

This is a great site I love to use for some quick numbers….

https://www.teamrankings.com

• KillaChap

It seems like FD is messing around with these fun little slates to get a gauge on how to handle the merger and what that layout/gameplay will look like. Call me crazy but it might be smart.

• lastcallcasualty

@TrustinthePlan said...

If Embiid plays, I am all in on Embiid. Got the All Star snub and he will go ape on Houston like Westy did when he didn’t get announced to the starting lineup. I’m going to go out on a limb and say he will put up a 60 burger in his 28 minutes tonight if he plays and will make it a point to block Harden at least once.

Don’t do it. Harden is going to put him in major foul trouble tonight. I watch the Sixers every game. I’m staying off Embid. Plus he’s still pretty banged up.I could be wrong but that’s just my hunch

• jess701

hey guys,
    Have any of you done a video session with fanduel before regarding there site.

• clrockny24

question: is the best way to build a lineup to utilize no bench players and just have all starters?

• KillaChap

@clrockny24 said...

question: is the best way to build a lineup to utilize no bench players and just have all starters?

The best way to build a lineup is to start with a value team, starters or not, of low priced guys in great spots and then upgrade with what’s left. Just my opinion.

• lastcallcasualty

Anyone considering Guillermo Hernangómez?

• xdan3220

@lastcallcasualty said...

Don’t do it. Harden is going to put him in major foul trouble tonight. I watch the Sixers every game. I’m staying off Embid. Plus he’s still pretty banged up.I could be wrong but that’s just my hunch

As another watcher of every sixers game I have to disagree. Even in games that he has battled foul trouble he still gets to his minutes cap and many of the fouls Harden draws are on his primary defender when he gets in front then slows down so they run into him. Harden will get to the lane and give Embiid opportunities for blocks. Meanwhile I don’t see any Rockets big men that can check Embiid, he’ll have 5 inches and 20 pounds (at least) on Harrell, 3 inches and 20 on Capela and Nene couldn’t stay with him. He is pricey at 8,200 and I do like Dwight at 7k on FD but Embiid is very playable tonight, you are overthinking it with the fouls.

• lastcallcasualty

If Godside is out Willie Reed is a goldmine and will be 99% owned

• feekdogg

It’s an Al Jefferson night tonight.

• lastcallcasualty

@xdan3220 said...

As another watcher of every sixers game I have to disagree. Even in games that he has battled foul trouble he still gets to his minutes cap and many of the fouls Harden draws are on his primary defender when he gets in front then slows down so they run into him. Harden will get to the lane and give Embiid opportunities for blocks. Meanwhile I don’t see any Rockets big men that can check Embiid, he’ll have 5 inches and 20 pounds (at least) on Harrell, 3 inches and 20 on Capela and Nene couldn’t stay with him. He is pricey at 8,200 and I do like Dwight at 7k on FD but Embiid is very playable tonight, you are overthinking it with the fouls.

Thanks for the input. I agree that no one on Houston I“m even considering in rostering except for Harden. Embid is banged up though. You think they have a chance to win tonight? I can’t see any Rockets having a great game. Sixers D has been stingy

• xdan3220

Thanks for the input. I agree that no one on Houston I“m even considering in rostering except for Harden. Embid is banged up though. You think they have a chance to win tonight? I can’t see any Rockets having a great game. Sixers D has been stingy

I think they’ve got a chance, Houston has lost to Milwaukee and Miami in their last 6 and the Sixers are better than both of those teams right now. This is the kind of team the Sixers can check defensively, Covington will guard Harden which should slow him down a little and they can stick on the guys on the perimeter with Embiid protecting the lane. I only worry about them when teams have multiple playmakers like the Wizards with Beal and Wall because Cov can only check one of them and the other gets TJ who trys hard but ultimately his physical limitations make it tough for him. The only Rocket I’m interested in is Ariza, assuming Cov is checking Harden he’ll get Nik on him and thats a mismatch plus it seems like SF’s tend to get lots of boards against them. If Embiid plays tonight I think they’ll win if not then no 3 in a row without him.

• TrustinthePlan

Covington will be on Harden all night, guaranteed. If Covington can manage to not fall for any of Harden’s dirty bag of tricks, and stay out of foul trouble himself, then I think Sixers actually do have a shot at winning the game. I live outside Philly and watch all the Sixers games too. As far as taking anyone from the Rockets on Draftkings, the only 2 I would be looking at is Ariza and Dekker because of the mismatch advantage they will have like what xdan said.

• gausman7

@clrockny24 said...

Personally, after tinking for a few months I have found the most success with a minutes and pace focus. I look for guys that are consistently getting 30+ minutes and I look for games where there are a lot of possessions. Reasons: a majority of the time, someone with high minutes in a game with a fast pace will not crush your lineup. There are always foul trouble exceptions and injuries, but in building a lineup I focus on what I can control.

In a GPP, I will typically use my cash lineup based on strategy above, then switch one or two pieces with more risk/more upside. My thinking is that I dont want to dismantle my build, but I do want to find a player or two to differentiate. I usually do this with the 3k-5k guys that have 8x-10x upside.

There are a ton of theories on lineup construction. This is what I have been having recent success with, so I thought it may help. Good luck.

• fanturds

I might sniff around Glass at his price on DK. is it a gamble? Sure. But I like risky plays.

• gausman7

I can’t seem to get off of Porzingis at his current price on Draftkings. I know he has been playing like a donkey lately, but he is capable of putting up big numbers and he seems to be in a good spot. Anyone want to talk me off of him or in to him? Isn’t sitting well with me, but I am not sure if I am thinking rationally or not!!

• xdan3220

Is it just me or does Damian Lillard just scream the type of player that GPP winners use tonight. Good player in a seemingly negative spot with huge upside, Memphis just coming off giving up 50 to Lowry, taking lots of shots right now and Allen will likely be on McCollum so he’ll need to go off.

• DirkDigglerz

Harden is due for a big game he hasn’t done a 40 point triple double in a while maybe this is it game will be on ESPN. He has had 4 70 burgers on the road this season.

• xdan3220

@gausman7 said...

I can’t seem to get off of Porzingis at his current price on Draftkings. I know he has been playing like a donkey lately, but he is capable of putting up big numbers and he seems to be in a good spot. Anyone want to talk me off of him or in to him? Isn’t sitting well with me, but I am not sure if I am thinking rationally or not!!

I’m struggling with teh same thing, 6,600 on FD when he was mid 7’s all season. He was productive in 23 minutes against Dallas, I think people will see those minutes and be scared off but he was in foul trouble otherwise I think he’d have seen a normal allotment of minutes. In his 2 other games iwth Charlotte he had 25-6 with 2 blocks and 16-8-2 with 3 blocks. So he didn’t hit value of 6,600 either time which is a little concerning and Charlotte is playing pretty good defense right now. I’m leaning towards no with him but I understand the play

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

Is there no morning show with Stevie this morning? Can’t seem to find it.

• Kuhn2632

If embiid is banged up, he won’t play. With as cautious as the sixers have been with him, why would they change their approach on that now? Because it’s an ESPN game? That doesn’t make any sense. From what I hear from local media, being held out Tuesday was more precautionary. Wednesday was a road game, and they didn’t want to piss of the fans again by sitting him the front end at home and playing him on the road. So I expect embiid to be good to go tonight. But again, if he is still banged up, he would likely sit.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@gausman7 said...

If doing multiple lineups definitely have one with him. His elbow is the issue right now. He will break out eventually and you want to have him when he does as he will be low owned.

• lionssuck

I guess it’s time to talk about the Elfrid in the room. Yes he disappointed last game, & yes his price went up on DK, and yes his hair looks like a pile of crap on his head, but with all the injuries to the back court in Orlando, I think he is pretty difficult to fade & he has that 40-50 point upside

• xdan3220

@lionssuck said...

I guess it’s time to talk about the Elfrid in the room. Yes he disappointed last game, & yes his price went up on DK, and yes his hair looks like a pile of crap on his head, but with all the injuries to the back court in Orlando, I think he is pretty difficult to fade & he has that 40-50 point upside

Yeah especially if these minutes keep up for him, last 3 games are the only time all season he has had 36+ minutes in 3 straight games. 15.3 shots per game for him over the last 3 is 4 shots more than his season average so he is definitely in play

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).