• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 6.5 ) at Detroit ( -6.5 ) —- T: 221
    7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 4.5 ) at Miami ( -4.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -2 ) at Chicago ( 2 ) —- T: 218
    8:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 3 ) at Minnesota ( -3 ) —- T: 226
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( -2 ) at Okla City ( 2 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Houston ( 11 ) at Utah ( -11 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Pick1979

Clemons is a easier play on DK imo
    has nice ceiling but do you pay down on FD for him?

Agree w Gordon on FD , 80% ownership prolly

Does anyone like any cheap centers for the 730 slate , Adams (5200) poetl ugh (against worst D against bigs) and Dedmon 3900,
    Or I just play KaT

• superstars92

@yountingly said...

Might get more boards With no Westbrook

Yea but he has to play against Rudy Gobert at 8.5k on DK. So whatever benefit he does even get, that’s already negated by matchup and price.

Given Andre Drummond is only 9.6k with a far better matchup anyways, I really don’t think you’ll see Capela like that much more than 10% owned at all. If anything he’s a contrarian game stack play if you somehow think HOU can stay close and UTAH needs to play Mitchell 38 mins.

Even if Capela sees somehow 40 mins this game, I still have a tough time thinking he gets like 45 FPs.

• tmarohl

This looks like a throw away game for Houston. I have a feeling it will be mostly second unit guys like Hartenstein getting most of the run.

• siddom

how many rockets is too many? currently running Clemons, rivers, house and running it back with a low owned jazz

• Herf

@yountingly said...

Might get more boards With no Westbrook

With both teams putting up high numbers from the 3PT line then I figure there will be a ton of a long rebounds, which will favor SF and Gs as well, right?

• monarch

Rivers is awful. He will never shoot anything that isnt either a three which the Jazz will defend or a layup which Gobert will alter. Hes like 25 DK points tonight if he gets hot because he doesnt pass the ball to anyone

• superstars92

Well anyways, to get away from the Rockets, talk, Andre Drummond is in literally his best spot of the year for the 3rd straight time, so let’s see if he can get 60 FPs for his third straight time vs. the Cavs.

• monarch

Nobody will pick Terrence Ross at 5100 but the Heat sort of just give shooting guards open shots. Not sure why they do that but it’s what they have decided to concede

• Herf

@superstars92 said...

Well anyways, to get away from the Rockets, talk, Andre Drummond is in literally his best spot of the year for the 3rd straight time, so let’s see if he can get 60 FPs for his third straight time vs. the Cavs.

Kevin Love seems to always do well against Detroit as well. Drum will score around 55 DKFP at his price of $9,600 and Love will score 45+ at only $7,900. I like my chances with Love and using the money elsewhere personally.

• superstars92

@Herf said...

Kevin Love seems to always do well against Detroit as well. Drum will score around 55 DKFP at his price of $9,600 and Love will score 45+ at only $7,900. I like my chances with Love and using the money elsewhere personally.

In addition, Tristan Thompson had the game of his life last time vs. Drummond.

• frugal

@superstars92 said...

That’s just noise. I’m fairly certain Capela won’t benefit without Harden and Westbrook.

How many mins is in the sample size of Capela without both Harden/Westbrook but with Eric Gordon? I’m going to assume those mins were probably garbage time mins in which Capela stayed in just because D’Antoni wanted to feed him the ball to “develop” him and don’t apply to a full game.

Perhaps. Like I said, I have more interest in HOU bench that starters. Gobert in a nice spot as well but plan to fade for the same reason. Drumm and Doncic look like the pay up spots tonight.

• mbunner23

@superstars92 said...

Yea on DK at 6.9k, I don’t think many optimizers will love him so that already means he’ll get a massive reduction in perceived ownership (since optimizers use FPPM, and price as two factors). Some who aren’t using an optimizer might take him, but logic will tell you that’s a really high price at 6.9k so that should cut down more into ownership. That’s where I’m getting about the 10 percent number owned on DK from my estimation. He might be like 15 percent at best, but my range is around 10-15 ish. Austin Rivers though, at 3.6k, will be massive chalk.

Clint Capela will probably be sub 10% owned or around 10% owned too. DK really messed up here. I have no idea why they decided to make him 8.5k. He literally should be 7k, lower than what he was before. He sees a reduction without Harden and Westbrook since all he does on offense is catch lobs.

Yep, Capela is just another body without Harden and Russ. No way I can play him tonight. Those lobs and easy lay ins won’t be there tonight. Add in the matchup against Gobert and I think it’s an easy fade.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #36

RG Tiered Ranking

@superstars92 said...

Yea but he has to play against Rudy Gobert at 8.5k on DK. So whatever benefit he does even get, that’s already negated by matchup and price.

Given Andre Drummond is only 9.6k with a far better matchup anyways, I really don’t think you’ll see Capela like that much more than 10% owned at all. If anything he’s a contrarian game stack play if you somehow think HOU can stay close and UTAH needs to play Mitchell 38 mins.

Even if Capela sees somehow 40 mins this game, I still have a tough time thinking he gets like 45 FPs.

I was just refuting your statement he gets no benefit since he usually gets more boards .

I’m not likely playing him

• superstars92

@yountingly said...

I was just refuting your statement he gets no benefit since he usually gets more boards .

I’m not likely playing him

Oh yea sorry for the misunderstanding. My response was to frugal about a usage benefit, as in I was just saying he won’t get like post-ups all of a sudden because Westbrook and Harden is out and will get a reduction in lobs/layups.

But yes, I think we all agree that Capela is probably not a good pick at that price, and will be served as just a contririan pick for game stacks.

• frugal

Man, Aldridge has a dream matchup tonight. Rose too.

• kahlilgedin

yeah the only viable player from the late night hammer is Gobert. Scrubs playing a good defensive team and potential blow risk doesn’t bode well for fantasy. I think the money maker players are in the SAC vs MIN, SA vs CHI and DAL vs OKC games. I like the bigs in SAC vs MIN and SA vs CHI, and i like the guards in the DAL vs OKC games

• kahlilgedin

@frugal said...

Man, Aldridge has a dream matchup tonight. Rose too.

yeah old boy is licking his chops. I dont know about Rose though-If jackson is back his production could drop

• Herf

@kahlilgedin said...

yeah old boy is licking his chops. I dont know about Rose though-If beverly is back his production could drop

Beverly has a negative effect on Rose how?

• monarch

I’ll got back to Wiggins. He was horrible despite 29 percent usage vs OKC. Luguentz Dort was the real deal defending him but he still almost got there. Sacramento is a much friendlier matchup.

• frugal

@kahlilgedin said...

yeah old boy is licking his chops. I dont know about Rose though-If beverly is back his production could drop

Beverly? You mean Jackson? Yes, perhaps. If Jackson starts, he’d be in play.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

I am still somewhat freaked out by the first post in yesterday’s NBA thread.

• me_mike84

like the cle/det game tonight. nance might be a good play over tristan thompson

• frugal

Khem Birch a solid value play if he gets another start.

• me_mike84

@Unico10 said...

I am still somewhat freaked out by the first post in yesterday’s NBA thread.

yeah that was really strange. wonder if anyone asked that person the reasoning behind the post

• frugal

@me_mike84 said...

yeah that was really strange. wonder if anyone asked that person the reasoning behind the post

When was that post made? The crash happened in the morning and some local news/rumors were spreading but the news didn’t officially break nationwide until midday CST.

EDIT: 911 called reporting the crash at 9:45 AM west coast, so a little later than I thought.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).