• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 6.5 ) at Detroit ( -6.5 ) —- T: 221
    7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 4.5 ) at Miami ( -4.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -2 ) at Chicago ( 2 ) —- T: 218
    8:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 3 ) at Minnesota ( -3 ) —- T: 226
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( -2 ) at Okla City ( 2 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Houston ( 11 ) at Utah ( -11 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• mbunner23

@frugal said...

When was that post made? The crash happened in the morning and some local news/rumors were spreading but the news didn’t officially break nationwide until midday CST.

That post was made very early. Freaky.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #31

RG Tiered Ranking

@Unico10 said...

I am still somewhat freaked out by the first post in yesterday’s NBA thread.

That was eerie.

I like Aldridge too tonight and don’t even mind his fd price now up to 8k with all the value

• Herf

@me_mike84 said...

yeah that was really strange. wonder if anyone asked that person the reasoning behind the post

TomBradyBlueMamba 0U 23 hours ago
    Come on i can’t be the only one who reps his favorite player on internet forum boards, random yahoo comment sections, and shouted into random drive thru microphones

• Jeddy3

Wow just went back and looked. That is really really bizarre.

• Ace15

@Jeddy3 said...

Wow just went back and looked. That is really really bizarre.

Ditto, that’s kind of ccreepy

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

Pretty cool promo on FD right now for their 25 cent fadeaway and 5 cent piggy bank contests.

NBA Pocket Change Championship – Play in any NBA Fadeaway or NBA Piggy Bank Shot contest from 1/27 through 2/9. For each one of your lineups that finishes in the top 1,000 in those contests, you’ll earn 1 entry into the Pocket Change Online Final on 2/12 for a guaranteed share of $25K in prizes. The top 2 finishers in the Online Final will win a trip to Los Angeles to compete H2H for a winner-takes-all Championship contest for $5K in cash! For more info, please visit: https://www.fanduel.com/nba-pocket-change-championship

Thank you. Right up my alley!

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Unico10 said...

I am still somewhat freaked out by the first post in yesterday’s NBA thread.

We all are.

Like, no one ever can I recall just posts a random NBA name, well Kobe isn’t random, but retired player that isn’t on the slate. Then that user did, first post of the day, right after the thread was created for whatever reason. Maybe cause LBJ passed him on the scoring list the night before. Then the tragedy happened hours later. It is weird, odd, strange, whatever adjective you want to use.

• me_mike84

@frugal said...

When was that post made? The crash happened in the morning and some local news/rumors were spreading but the news didn’t officially break nationwide until midday CST.

EDIT: 911 called reporting the crash at 9:45 AM west coast, so a little later than I thought.

it was the very first post in the NBA 1/26 thread….not sure exactly what time they posted it but it was definitely before word started spreading

• TomBradyBlueMamba

Ha yeah i was just trying to spread some good vibes, lifelong Kobe fan. I was first in the thread and was sure the post would get deleted for spam but it did not.

I did not foresee what was about to come I can tell you that. Tears were shed

• Ace15

@TomBradyBlueMamba said...

Ha yeah i was just trying to spread some good vibes, lifelong Kobe fan. I was first in the thread and was sure the post would get deleted for spam but it did not.

Damn crazy….

• frugal

Gays minutes trending up over last 3, fantastic matchup and if he plays 20+ could have a nice game.

• Kanner88

@Ace15 said...

Damn crazy….

Very eerie…

• tmarohl

Yeah, I saw it right away before the news hit. Just figured you were giving Kobe some love after being passed by Lebron the night before in total points, since you have “Mamba” in your screen name.

• athairuammit11

Is Bruce brown completely obliterated from with Reggie Jackson back? Ive seen some good games from this from matchups like this

• superstars92

Bruce Brown is playing for that last USA Rising Stars spot, so still a lot to play for. Unfortunently, I doubt he gets the mins to get it.

Btw, International Team should be able to win the Rising Stars this year by 30+ points if Luka decides to play. Huge mismatches everywhere.

• me_mike84

really wild man. the whole thing still doesn’t seem/feel real. even though i was listening to NBA radio on my way to work and it was all they were talking about….

one of my favorite sports moments was staying up late (east coaster here) to watch him drop a 60 burger on the jazz in his final game….believe the warriors were going for the bulls record that night also (same time maybe)

didn’t have to think twice about which game i was watching….

RIP Kobe & Gianna

• frugal

@superstars92 said...

Bruce Brown is playing for that last USA Rising Stars spot, so still a lot to play for. Unfortunently, I doubt he gets the mins to get it.

Btw, International Team should be able to win the Rising Stars this year by 30+ points if Luka decides to play. Huge mismatches everywhere.

Luka’s far beyond playing in the rising stars game at this point.

• superstars92

@frugal said...

Luka’s far beyond playing in the rising stars game at this point.

You think he’ll bail out?

I feel like Trae won’t though, since he’ll get his chance to actually score like 70 points that game.

• athairuammit11

@superstars92 said...

Thanks for replying!! If reggie jackson slips on a banana peel, Bruce brown 40 burger

• frugal

@superstars92 said...

You think he’ll bail out?

I feel like Trae won’t though, since he’ll get his chance to actually score like 70 points that game.

None of the guys making the all star teams will also play in rising stars, they are already considered stars.

EDIT: Zion is the guy who plays that game. Look at the 19/20 stats for hyped rookies and sophomores who have dramatically improved and that’s the rosters.

• superstars92

@athairuammit11 said...

Thanks for replying!! If reggie jackson slips on a banana peel, Bruce brown 40 burger

Yea I mean he’s not a terrible pick but with all the guards back and Drummond getting all the rebounds/usage in a plus matchup, he doesn’t have the upside as some of those Rockets guards who are cheaper. I guess he’s a contririan pick. If you like leverage ownership, Brown will be very low owned so that’s the plus with him, but his ceiling is very limited with an almost full roster (only Kennard is of note who’s out that affects Brown, Blake doesn’t matter at this point). I will have 0% Brown though. Ceiling is just not good enough.

• superstars92

@frugal said...

None of the guys making the all star teams will also play in rising stars, they are already considered stars.

EDIT: Zion is the guy who plays that game. Look at the 19/20 stats for hyped rookies and sophomores who have dramatically improved and that’s the rosters.

I really do think Trae will play though. He can score a ton of points since in the All-Star game, he won’t get more than like 20 mins.

Keep in mind Ben Simmons played last year and he played in the All-Star game, so it’s not unprecendented to play in both.

Even if Luka is out, International team is going to be favored, with SGA/Ayton leading the way. SGA honestly is pretty close to being an All-Star, he probably is like #16/17 or so in the West, so only 4-5 spots behind.

• DC2380

Am I crazy to think that Luka will go CRAZY Tonight??

• dominicanpapi

Is anyone else sitting back and just looking at this slate as a whole and realize the Houston players are going to be chalk, on the road against Utah and yet we’re somehow trying to justify the plays? I totally get it from a pricing/minutes/usage perspective, but Austin Rivers scored 21 fantasy points in a similar scenario vs. the Pelicans, who play no defense and are one of the fastest teams in the league. But I’m suppose to lock him in against one of the better defensive and slowest teams in the league?

• mr_papageorgio

@DC2380 said...

Am I crazy to think that Luka will go CRAZY Tonight??

OKC gave up a triple double to Shabazz last time out. Based on that Luka should be good for 70 tonight.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).