• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 6.5 ) at Detroit ( -6.5 ) —- T: 221
    7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 4.5 ) at Miami ( -4.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -2 ) at Chicago ( 2 ) —- T: 218
    8:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 3 ) at Minnesota ( -3 ) —- T: 226
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( -2 ) at Okla City ( 2 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Houston ( 11 ) at Utah ( -11 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

Was it easier to fade them on FD since you had extra salary?

On DK, I found it hard to fade Hartenstein, especially since he had PF eligiblity! Only if he didn’t I woulda gone only like 30% of him since Jakob Poetl, Andre Drummond, and KAT were all Cs and you can only play 2 centers, which woulda reduced a C only Hartenstein exposure. Too bad he was PF/C! I don’t even know how DK came up with their positions, has he even played PF before? Why is Luka PG only?

It was easier to fade Clemons on DK on quite a few teams simply because Luka was a PG, and Rivers was a SG/PG and both SGA and Schroder without CP3 were PG/SG so you didn’t have to play him that much.

It had nothing to do with the extra salary, because you also have to choose an extra player. More to do with positional scarcity. Luka and Fox at point guard was no brainer, especially after CP3 out. Gordon at SF and House at SF were priced incredibly cheap. Gordon was only $4,400 and House was $3,500. Gallinari was the only SF to pay up for. At power Forward there were much better options than Hartenstein with all the extra salary you had if you played someone other than Towns or Drummond at C. Poeltl was like $3,700. That lead to most people paying up for Bam, Bjelica, Love, Or Kristaps at PF.

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

Ownership does kinda matter when there are some pivots at the same position. I mean I guess it technically wouldn’t have mattered tonight but Thabo > Hartenstein both at min price both with F eligiblity. But Thabo wasn’t good enought to matter anyways. In some other nights when both guys could go off but one greatly outscores the other, it does sort of matter that 1 v 1 pivot. This happened to me a few weeks ago with Malik Beasley coming in at like 1/10th the ownership of PJ Dozier both able to play G.

Usually though, it’s like a last step, not a first step. Another example tonight is Trey Lyles vs. Rudy Gay. However, Gay wasn’t owned high enough to matter and although Lyles was decent (like 7x+), he wasn’t great enough to matter at the end of the day. If Lyles had gone for like 12x+ and Gay was like 30% owned, then this would have come into play on some potential top GPP teams (but House and Poetl also went off too, which dampers that a bit).

It matters, but not to the degree that most people think. I think it matters more in extremely small slates. When you have six or more games, ownership is typically more spread out anyway. Everyone is looking for that 2% owned guy that happens to go off. If the rest of your lineup is tight, you may place high or take down a tournament when that happens. More often than not though, when your low owned guy goes off, there are other issues with your lineup and you don’t win anyway. Just play the guys you think are going to score the most points at their respective positions and craft the highest scoring lineup you can.

• Njsum1

@tmarohl said...

Key is just to have all the best players for the night at each posi

Makes sense to me

• BBWC_10

@tmarohl said...

On FD, I played 10 lineups in the $7.77. Five of them cashed. No Clemmons in any of them. One of the five that cashed had Hartenstein in it. All five that didn’t cash had Hartenstein it them. Best score was 400.1. That lineup had Dedmon in it. If I would have played Poeltl in that lineup would have probably been a top 100 finish.

On DK, had about 7 lineups and they all had Clemmons and Hartenstein in them. None cashed.

That was my issue with my LU. I tried to stuff Lavine, Drum, DDR Hield, Nappier in my LU. I went with 3 Rockets, Rivers did OK but the aforementioned dynamic duo put up 8 pts. Funny because I was tinkering with Poetl and Lyles. Bad move on my part because for some reason I knew Gordon would go off but the raised his price so much I avoided him.

• tmarohl

No one answered my question though. Is Harden really that good, or will any high volume shooter do good in Dantoni’s system? Gordon played the Harden role tonight and scored 50 points.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #77

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

No one answered my question though. Is Harden really that good, or will any high volume shooter do good in Dantoni’s system? Gordon played the Harden role tonight and scored 50 points.

I didn’t watch the game, but I suspect the Jazz played down to their competition and got owned for it.

Gordon has played the Harden role before under the same coach and wasn’t that good. Going off memory there. Painful, painful memories.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #77

RG Tiered Ranking

And with that, I’m off to bed. Maybe I’ll suck less tomorrow, but looking at the slate, I have my doubts.

I enjoyed talking with everyone in here tonight. I’m sorry I don’t get to do that as much. I’ll try to come in more often.

• telestraightshooter

@gaelicgirl said...

“Gordon and House put the team on their back and take a healthy 32-win Jazz team to the cleaners” did not register four hours ago.

when I heard Harenstein was not going to start I knew rockets were trying to go small,. so small all the Jazz starters were taller than 6’6” house

I just thought Jazz would counter it enogh to get Rudy 50

I am kicking my self for not using Gordon > 31% like the 100% I used him in cash

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Building for tomorrow with the assumption that buckets and love sit out on B2B – sound right?

• tmarohl

@Sleazygreazy said...

Building for tomorrow with the assumption that buckets and love sit out on B2B – sound right?

Love yes, Butler, I wouldn’t be so sure.

• telestraightshooter

@tmarohl said...

16 pts of 20 trips to FT line for gordon helps.

I figured he’s get 53 dK not 70

• jazz broadcast was discussing how sans the big dogs Rockets don’t have obvious defensive liabilities.
    • sans Capela, Rudy had a Looong nigth
  • Pandamonious

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

Love yes, Butler, I wouldn’t be so sure.

Didn’t Love just play in a B2B?

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #37

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Overrated. Every night it seems like he is 10/40

• gaelicgirl

@telestraightshooter said...

I am kicking my self for not using Gordon

I faded that whole game, unfortunately…thought the Jazz would win in a blowout. Good on the Rockets for getting the upset, though…maybe D’Antoni should sit Harden and Westbrook more often.

• telestraightshooter

Zion targeted for 6x vs cleveland

• tmarohl

Just saw a stat that said the Twolves have lost the last 14 games that Kat has played in.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@telestraightshooter said...

Zion targeted for 6x vs cleveland

Definitely have to consider him if he’s going to go 30 or more. I’m kind of surprised they’ve bump his minutes up this quickly.

• eatmyturf23

Am I too late for the Hartenstein and Clemons pity party?

• pinstripeblue

Scored 360+ the last 2 nights in FD NBA…still trying to find a league where that turns into cash!

• monarch

@tmarohl said...

Yes. Harden is that good and Mike D’Antoni is an excellent basketball coach as well that knows how to pick apart the Jazz.

• mccoolio

Man had a 340 with room for poeltl but went hartenstein…would’ve been 50k 😭

• yisman

only one guy in my lineup made value (Poeltl), resulting in a last place: https://www.fantasydraft.com/ticket/12951123

• deepfat

The only thing about ownership is sharing winnings with duplicate lineups. That said, I’m doing this to build bankroll over time and if I happen to take down a GPP in the process, great. If not, it’s all about the steady climb.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).