7:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -2 ) at Philadelphia ( 2 ) — T:
    7:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -7 ) at Atlanta ( 7 ) — T:
    7:30 PM EST : Denver ( -5 ) at Miami ( 5 ) — T:
    8:30 PM EST : Boston ( -3.5 ) at San Antonio ( 3.5 ) — T: 225
    9:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 4 ) at Utah ( -4 ) — T: 225.5
    9:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 6 ) at Phoenix ( -6 ) — T:
    9:00 PM EST : Washington ( 7.5 ) at New Orleans ( -7.5 ) — T:
    10:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 8 ) at Golden State ( -8 ) — T:

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• NarrowJ

Just noticed old man Chris Paul played 39 and then 42 minutes on a B2B. Not really relevant for this slate as he has had 3 days rest now, but might just go to show that I have been putting too much emphasis on B2Bs.

• monarch

@NarrowJ said...

Just noticed old man Chris Paul played 39 and then 42 minutes on a B2B. Not really relevant for this slate as he has had 3 days rest now, but might just go to show that I have been putting too much emphasis on B2Bs.

He is always like that. He is the exception

• NarrowJ

@monarch said...

He is always like that. He is the exception

Interesting, hadn’t payed enough attention. But, a good nugget of knowledge to tuck away for later use I suppose.

• tmarohl

If Booker is still out I will have lots of CP3

• fleishmo6

I agree, look at his game log . Took 20 shots last game

• Wooden_Bones

@tmarohl said...

Booker is out today.

• Njsum1

@tmarohl said...

I like CP3 and he should have no problem getting 35-40 DK points, which is fine for 7600. Yet his rotation is usually only 31-34 minutes. He got extra run last 2 games as both were OT, 1 double OT.

So I don’t Necessarily think he’s got the ceiling to get you there in regulation, yet seems fine for a 1 or 2 off or last guy in as a safe play. Could be wrong though

• Njsum1

@fleishmo6 said...

I agree, look at his game log . Took 20 shots last game

Double OT

• inarodgersitrust

Does it take more skill to win money in a 12 game slate or a 4 game slate?

• Njsum1

@tmarohl said...

To add to my thoughts on CP3. If you’re referring to FD pricing and builds, I like him way more over there than on DK.

As PG pricing is inflated on a lot of players and Paul is one of the few that seem reasonably priced. Even though I don’t think he has amazing upside, I do think he’s a strong PPD play on FD at 7400, considering you have to start 2, and the inflated pricing of some of the other PG’s

• Wooden_Bones

Sabonis news is holding me back from really knowing what direction to take my lineups. I’m guessing he sits, but that’s simply a guess on my part.
    If he’s out there’s all sorts of usage to go around on IND. Brogdon, Lamb, Turner, and Sampson all become possible plays for me at that point.

• Njsum1

@inarodgersitrust said...

Larger the slate, the greater the skill, or knowledge of the NBA, players, and matchups needed.

Think about like this…on a 2 game slate…as long as I’m not starting players who are injured or aren’t part of the rotation, if I just fill out a roster using most of the salary cap, without knowing much about the NBA or it’s players, I can field a competitive lineup. As the player pool is limited.

If yo do that on a 12 game slate, unless you get extremely lucky, you don’t stand a chance.

• bazerko

12 game slate, because there are so many combinations and options that the scores tend to be higher. Even min cashing on a 12 game slate will be very difficult.

• Njsum1

@Wooden_Bones said...

Sabonis news is holding me back from really knowing what direction to take my lineups. I’m guessing he sits, but that’s simply a guess on my part.
    If he’s out there’s all sorts of usage to go around on IND. Brogdon, Lamb, Turner, and Sampson all become possible plays for me at that point.

Luckily you’ll get that news early enough as it’s the first game.

Also, I think we may get a lot more news before tip, so I wouldn’t really start building anything yet. 🤷‍♂️

• Bodiaz36

I can’t imagine Sabonis plays tonight if it’s a knee issue, so I’m also building lineups as if he’s out

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #62

RG Tiered Ranking

@inarodgersitrust said...

It’s easier for me to win on a big slate. You can just play all the good plays and let everyone else make mistakes. On a small slate if you make one mistake you are completely dead

• dominicanpapi

Pels give up a ton of 3 point attempts, if Russ is out, I like Mathews here as a cheap play. I probably like him regardless since the Wizards are short handed.

What are we doing with Steven Adams? Wizards have Lopez, Len and Bell, surely he gets 28-30 minutes today yes?

If OG and Siakam are out tonight, I think Giannis smashes. They will have little to no rim protection.

• Wooden_Bones

@Njsum1 said...

Luckily you’ll get that news early enough as it’s the first game.

Also, I think we may get a lot more news before tip, so I wouldn’t really start building anything yet. 🤷‍♂️

Of course, on a slate this size I fully expect to be getting news up until (and past) lock, which will have me scrambling to switch out guys.

• Theguy49503

@Wooden_Bones said...

Same boat friend.

• Helpabrotherout

Do you have a favorite contest you enter weekly???

Watch out for the BKN-ATL game

• bazerko

Careful with Matthews sir. I watched them play last night and actually used him in my lineup. He literally runs around the court, stands in the corner and does not get passed the ball often. His price is appealing, but he has PJ Tucker level usage so I do not see him having any upside.

• Njsum1

@dominicanpapi said...

What are we doing with Steven Adams? Wizards have Lopez, Len and Bell, surely he gets 28-30 minutes today yes

Definitely worth a few shots for 5500. He does well, when the Pels play with a lead, he gets benched in comeback mode. Seems like a good chance Pels play with a lead tonight 🤷‍♂️

• Njsum1

@Wooden_Bones said...

Brogdon, Lamb, Turner, and Sampson all become possible plays for me at that point

Although a small sample, Brogdon’s usage goes down like 3% yet his fppm goes up by 60% 🤷‍♂️

Turner gets a bump in usage and Fppm.

Sampson would be a decent cap saver.

And it shows that the shooting guard gets a big bump in usage. Now Unless we think Holiday’s going to all of a sudden start chucking, it would make sense that if Lamb sees good minutes he’ll benefit. However McDermott only played 17 minutes last game, so I’m not sure lamb Gets 32 again, although he might.

Yet it seems like the safe targets are Turner and Brogdon. With Sampson and Lamb being decent to solid plays, and maaaaybeee Holiday as a one off being a bit riskier.

• Broncm

Heurter or Ellington? I feel like Heurter can turn up with Brooklyn’s bad defense.

• mdalb

Is tonight the night that Boucher does something?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).