• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -8 ) at Indiana ( 8 ) —- T: 226.5
    7:00 PM EST : New York ( 11.5 ) at Charlotte ( -11.5 ) —- T: 217.5
    7:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 10 ) at Boston ( -10 ) —- T: 221.5
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( -5.5 ) at Memphis ( 5.5 ) —- T: 208.5
    10:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 0 ) at LA Clippers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• captainwacky

@BerkeleyBoss said...

Steph is better than KD IMO, but at worst it’s not “by a landslide”

I might have overstated the ‘landslide’ element, and steph is a fair argument. But he’s also not 7 feet tall, doesn’t have the same impact on the other side of the ball, and though there’s something more magical about steph’s offense, it might not even be better than KD and is a wash at best to me. KD is an absolute freak/machine… it sucks that he’s made himself unlikable to the point of biasing peoples’ opinion of his greatness. FWIW I don’t like the warriors or KD, it is just crazy how people can’t admit how good that dude is.

• gaelicgirl

@keephustlincuz said...

Maybe GS would be the Boston of the West?

LOL Take my thumbs up!

• Njsum1

Although I was making a hypothetical argument assuming that AD only wants to play for the Lakers. I do believe there is at least a reasonable chance, 20%-ish, that it is true, which is why I made the argument in the first place.

• Barnabus

Is 4 Celtics too many?

• maxrluminox

@captainwacky said...

I might have overstated the ‘landslide’ element, and steph is a fair argument. But he’s also not 7 feet tall, doesn’t have the same impact on the other side of the ball, and though there’s something more magical about steph’s offense, it might not even be better than KD and is a wash at best to me. KD is an absolute freak/machine… it sucks that he’s made himself unlikable to the point of biasing peoples’ opinion of his greatness. FWIW I don’t like the warriors or KD, it is just crazy how people can’t admit how good that dude is.

You must be smoking the wacky weed to say that Curry’s offense is a “wash” with AD and Irving. The extra 8-10 feet of spacing that Curry opens up the floor with is immeasurable. Sorry, but AD and Kyrie do not have that kind of range or impact. Curry is the engine that makes the Warrior’s go.

• moosedrool

Locked and loaded with Hollis…could be an early night.

• RiskyBiscuits

Does anyone think that the potential trade with AD to LAL will affect the Lakers players that are mentioned? Will they get more run, be showcased more?

• mbunner23

@RiskyBiscuits said...

Does anyone think that the potential trade with AD to LAL will affect the Lakers players that are mentioned? Will they get more run, be showcased more?

They’ve been showcased the last 15 games without Bron.

• casper

@Barnabus said...

Is 4 Celtics too many?

I have 4 now but may switch Al for cousins Al was a total bust last time VS Nets but only played 20 min.

• gaelicgirl

@maxrluminox said...

You must be smoking the wacky weed to say that Curry’s offense is a “wash” with AD and Irving. The extra 8-10 feet of spacing that Curry opens up the floor with is immeasurable. Sorry, but AD and Kyrie do not have that kind of range or impact. Curry is the engine that makes the Warrior’s go.

Spot on. Adding KD just made them unbeatable, and greater than the sum of their parts.

• RiskyBiscuits

@mbunner23 said...

That is a very good point.

• BerkeleyBoss

@captainwacky said...

I think over the past 4 years, Curry’s been the best high volume scorer of the 3 point era (TS% of .669, .624, .675 and .664), so we might have found our disconnect there. Sure, KD is really tall and can get off a mid-range shot whenever he wants, but it’s really not that efficient of a shot. Steph can’t get off his 3’s quite as often as KD’s 15 footers, but it’s a much, much more efficient shot. This isn’t to diminish KD as an all time great player and scorer, I just think Steph has the edge.

• gaelicgirl

@mbunner23 said...

And what a show it’s been LOL Pelicans would be crazy to trade AD for any combination of those dudes.

• Kmasonbx

@BerkeleyBoss said...

Steph is better than KD IMO, but at worst it’s not “by a landslide”

100% agree. I even think it’s a reach to say LeBron is the best player in the NBA by a landslide. Harden has clearly been the best player in the NBA this season, I think at this point denying he is the best player in the NBA is just being stubborn. He’s even a marginally plus defender according to DRPM, and that is pretty hard for a guard to be rated positively by that metric (less than 30% of qualifying guards are positive) especially when consider the offensive workload he’s carrying. Offensively his ORPM is higher than Curry’s was during his 2nd MVP season.

• mbunner23

@gaelicgirl said...

And what a show it’s been LOL Pelicans would be crazy to trade AD for any combination of those dudes.

Agree, like I said earlier. There’s not a sure fire future all star on the roster.

• shades

Want to play Vonleh instead of Horford but its scary to trust Knicks coach and the minutes with anyone.Might stick with Horford even though Irving out.Using Burke already from the scary Knicks lol

• Kmasonbx

@gaelicgirl said...

I think they’ve been fine, the team improved defensively in the that time and dealt with additional injuries aside from LeBron, Rondo was out almost that entire time, then when Rondo came back Lonzo got hurt, Kuzma has missed a few games. So it wasn’t just LeBron.

Also they may not have a choice, if they want to be stubborn they can run the risk of losing him for absolutely nothing.

• jcaldtime

I’m pretty sure AD will end up on the Lakers even if it takes whatever it takes. Lebron, KCP, and AD have the same agent Rich Paul. And just last summer he bought a house in LA

• Jkemdy

I have that nightmare in my head with Lou Williams. In for a big cash , then the giant red O next to his name . Anyone else?

• dgballer

@Jkemdy said...

I have that nightmare in my head with Lou Williams. In for a big cash , then the giant red O next to his name . Anyone else?

Just like last week:( I’m going back to the well tonight. Matchup is too good to pass on

• HungryHungryHip

@Jkemdy said...

The good thing about DraftKings is if you do have him(in the Utility spot) and he gets declared out after lock you can just slide in Montrezl Harrell instead

• Njsum1

@Kmasonbx said...

Also they may not have a choice, if they want to be stubborn they can run the risk of losing him for absolutely nothing.

That’s what some people are missing. AD is a free agent next summer and said already that he won’t be resigning with the Pels.

Also think about the timing of the announcement. 10 days or so before the trade deadline. Right now the only team that can really make a play for him is LA. It seems like he may be saying, “trade me to LA or risk losing me for nothing.”

That’s why I hypothesized that he may only want to go to LA. As he could have waited until seasons end to make the announcement, if he wanted to go to Boston. Who knows though

• dominicanpapi

Tyreke is out.

• BerkeleyBoss

Oh good, now I don’t have to worry about throwing Tyreke Evans in a few lol he’s OUT

• Kmasonbx

@mbunner23 said...

Agree, like I said earlier. There’s not a sure fire future all star on the roster.

Kings didn’t get a sure fire all-star for Boogie and things are working out just fine for them. Never underestimate how important depth is in the NBA. There’s a lot to be said about just not putting bad players on the court. This is why every injury NO suffers has a big impact on them. They have 5 NBA rotation players, whenever 1 of those guys goes down they then have to play yet another player that wouldn’t be in the rotation for most teams.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).