• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -8 ) at Indiana ( 8 ) —- T: 226.5
    7:00 PM EST : New York ( 11.5 ) at Charlotte ( -11.5 ) —- T: 217.5
    7:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 10 ) at Boston ( -10 ) —- T: 221.5
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( -5.5 ) at Memphis ( 5.5 ) —- T: 208.5
    10:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 0 ) at LA Clippers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• JSteele

Kyle Anderson will play tonight

• tmarohl

I figure if the Lakers want to get Glass before the trade deadline, they will have to trade Lonzo, Hart, Kuzma, Zubac and probably two number one picks beginning about 5 years from now after Lebron has retired. That trade would leave the Lakers with three empty roster spots. They could then fill them with guys like Melo, and a couple of other veterans who will soon be bought out of their contracts. They could become a formidable force around playoff time assuming Lebron returns healthy.

If this happens, it will create a huge ripple effect for the entire NBA. The Pelicans would then have three excess players for example. This would lead to other trades. Could Lonzo, Hart, Kuzma or Zubac be re-traded? Would New Orleans ship out Jrue Holiday, Julius Randle, Nicola Mirotic? Interesting days ahead.

• terlingua

@JSteele said...

Kyle Anderson will play tonight

…with Casspi out might still leave a little for Bruno.

• JSteele

I don’t think the Lakers would trade their entire future for AD. I’d say Kuzma and Hart make the most sense to go to New Orleans along with a pair of draft picks. Then you get a starting 5 of Lonzo, KCP, LeBron, AD, Zubac.

Also as for the Celtics, Danny Ainge likes to rip teams off so they will probably build a package around Guerschon Yabusele and Semi Ojeleye for AD.

• JSteele

@terlingua said...

…with Casspi out might still leave a little for Bruno.

I like Bruno, but I think he won’t get much time between Kyle Anderson and Justin Holiday. Bickerstaff mistakenly played him for 28 minutes but i’d say he gets much less maybe 12-18 minutes tonight.

• terlingua

@JSteele said...

I like Bruno, but I think he won’t get much time between Kyle Anderson and Justin Holiday. Bickerstaff mistakenly played him for 28 minutes but i’d say he gets much less maybe 12-18 minutes tonight.

Yeah I’ll likely limit him to one – but he has massive incentive. Perform or head back to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers. Hope he makes it.

• mbunner23

@JSteele said...

I don’t think the Lakers would trade their entire future for AD. I’d say Kuzma and Hart make the most sense to go to New Orleans along with a pair of draft picks. Then you get a starting 5 of Lonzo, KCP, LeBron, AD, Zubac.

Also as for the Celtics, Danny Ainge likes to rip teams off so they will probably build a package around Guerschon Yabusele and Semi Ojeleye for AD.

They will have to offer more than that. New Orleans will laugh at them. They don’t have to be in a huge hurry to take a deal. They could wait on Boston to throw together something.

• JSteele

@terlingua said...

Yeah I’ll likely limit him to one – but he has massive incentive. Perform or head back to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers. Hope he makes it.

Bickerstaff had good things to say about him, I could see them keeping him for the rest of the season and try to develop some young guys. Jamychal Green also got hurt last game and he will be probably and will likely play his normal role tonight. Maybe they limit Jevon Carter to give him more run.

• tmarohl

@JSteele said...

I think they will, and they will have to if they want him. Lakers will have to overpay now if they want him. If they wait until the offseason, then Boston and other teams could enter the mix.

• ASitar

I’m going to throw Tatum in half of my LUs and I never use him. I think he’ll be under the radar and has 2 games in the mid 40’s (fantasy points) and a game of 56 last year vs the Nets. M

• BerkeleyBoss

My core is looking like Trey Burke, Al Horford and the LA Clippers.

• JSteele

@ASitar said...

I’m going to throw Tatum in half of my LUs and I never use him. I think he’ll be under the radar and has 2 games in the mid 40’s (fantasy points) and a game of 56 last year vs the Nets. M

I’m not sure what you are seeing. He had a good game when Kyrie was out recently and then hasn’t had a good game against them going back to last season?

I double checked with Statmuse he had 9 blocks + steals in the game he hit 40 FPTs. Then he had 32.5, 32, 12.5 in the 3 other games.

• Kmasonbx

Interesting Draymond being out, wonder if that means they’ll play Cousins and Looney next to each other or do they just slot a guard in an move KD to PF. If it’s the Looney option I love Sabonis.

• ASitar

@JSteele said...

I’m not sure what you are seeing. He had a good game when Kyrie was out recently and then hasn’t had a good game against them going back to last season?

From what I read

He’s averaging 44.7 fantasy points in two games against the Nets this season and was up to 56.5 fantasy points against them on Jan. 14.

• Jonas137

Dray OUT for rest tonight

• JSteele

@ASitar said...

From what I read

He’s averaging 44.7 fantasy points in two games against the Nets this season and was up to 56.5 fantasy points against them on Jan. 14.

I’m using DK FPTs so the numbers are off slightly, but he hit 54 recently with Kyrie out. With Kyrie in he went 16-4-4 and his stat lines from last year are similar to those. He had 40 FPTs in a game where 18 of them came from Blocks+Steals. Wherever you read that is a little bit misleading.

• Sham13

So Sabonis, Thad, and Boogie should benefit from Dray being out?

• ASitar

@JSteele said...

I’m using DK FPTs so the numbers are off slightly, but he hit 54 recently with Kyrie out. With Kyrie in he went 16-4-4 and his stat lines from last year are similar to those. He had 40 FPTs in a game where 18 of them came from Blocks+Steals. Wherever you read that is a little bit misleading.

Ok, thanks for the heads up

• terlingua

@Kmasonbx said...

Interesting Draymond being out, wonder if that means they’ll play Cousins and Looney next to each other or do they just slot a guard in an move KD to PF. If it’s the Looney option I love Sabonis.

I’m guessing they go Looney and Cousins to start bringing out the possibility of a little Bell for backup at a FD minimum.

Problem with that is I don’t want to jam in a cheap center even as as drop score candidate.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

• captainwacky

@terlingua said...

I’m guessing they go Looney and Cousins to start bringing out the possibility of a little Bell for backup at a FD minimum.

Problem with that is I don’t want to jam in a cheap center even as as drop score candidate.

Don’t play Jordan Bell.

• terlingua

@terlingua said...

Looney actually is worth a look here… Wish FD had more options. Will likely play a little DK tonight as well.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

If this happens, it will create a huge ripple effect for the entire NBA. The Pelicans would then have three excess players for example. This would lead to other trades. Could Lonzo, Hart, Kuzma or Zubac be re-traded? Would New Orleans ship out Jrue Holiday, Julius Randle, Nicola Mirotic? Interesting days ahead.

Very interesting.

Have to wonder if Daryl Morey is kicking himself right now for mortgaging the team’s future on a broken and old CP3, instead of pulling up the Brinks truck for a sometimes broken but much younger AD.

• Jonas137

Frankie out soldifies those Trey and Trier shares

• terlingua

@captainwacky said...

Don’t play Jordan Bell.

When he gets minutes he does okay. Key word is ‘when’. I multi enter so I don’t mind a flyer here and there. But I have to see what shakes out.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.