7:00 PM EST : New York ( 2 ) at Charlotte ( -2 ) —- T: 210
    7:00 PM EST : Golden St ( 13 ) at Philadelphia ( -13 ) —- T: 213
    7:30 PM EST : Boston ( 3 ) at Miami ( -3 ) —- T: 216
    7:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( -7.5 ) at Cleveland ( 7.5 ) —- T: 233
    7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 12 ) at Toronto ( -12 ) —- T: 233
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( -1 ) at Memphis ( 1 ) —- T: 225
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 16 ) at Milwaukee ( -16 ) —- T: 240
    8:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 6 ) at Dallas ( -6 ) —- T: 227.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• superjon

FD is not playing with Zion. His price has jumped up every game since he made his debut. I know he just scored 36, but I still can’t justify paying 6.3k for him.

I reckon most people that have that mindset will just pivot to Grant for 300 less, who also has had a bump in salary, but one that is warranted based on his production.

However, the play at PF is probably to take Randle (bigs vs CHA) and pair him with Nance (if Love sits on the B2B).

• nerman

So to win a tournament today should our mindset be that we need to average 50 points per player? This is for FD. That would be a total of 450 points.

I think the NY/Cha game total looks low so I’ll definitely want some pieces from there. They are both in the top half of DFS points allowed on today’s slate.

• kahlilgedin

Secretly hoping the wiz bucks game stays close but doubt it. Here are my early player exposures: https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/the-little-engine-that-could-january-28th-2020-3281087

• rttemple

Sorry that this is off topic but in my dynasty league I was offered RJ Barrett for Marvin Bagley. Thoughts? Bagley’s injuries are starting to scare me.

• Ace15

I just want to apologize to Eric Gordon and Danuel House. I had absolutely 0 faith in y’all and ya’ll proved me wrongggg.

Edit: Tonight Giannis Lock. KOBE tribute game.

• monarch

I think I’ll be above the field on Zion tonight. At a time in the NBA season where most guys are dragging and the Cavs on a B2B….Zion is fresh and should destroy these guys. He wont always be at such a competitive advantage

• Theguy49503

@monarch said...

I think I’ll be above the field on Zion tonight. At a time in the NBA season where most guys are dragging and the Cavs on a B2B….Zion is fresh and should destroy these guys. He wont always be at such a competitive advantage

Hey bud inboxed you a question

• miggs6876

@nerman said...

So to win a tournament today should our mindset be that we need to average 50 points per player? This is for FD. That would be a total of 450 points.

I think the NY/Cha game total looks low so I’ll definitely want some pieces from there. They are both in the top half of DFS points allowed on today’s slate.

I think so. I scored 401 and didn’t win. Crazy.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@superjon said...

FD is not playing with Zion. His price has jumped up every game since he made his debut. I know he just scored 36, but I still can’t justify paying 6.3k for him.

I reckon most people that have that mindset will just pivot to Grant for 300 less, who also has had a bump in salary, but one that is warranted based on his production.

However, the play at PF is probably to take Randle (bigs vs CHA) and pair him with Nance (if Love sits on the B2B).

Interesting cause I think Zion is a core play in fd for me at pf. Like randle love and grant too but think Zion over 40 fd tonight

• queensfinest

expecting kevin love and kp to be out on 2nd night of back to back

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@queensfinest said...

expecting kevin love and kp to be out on 2nd night of back to back

Yeah I think love might be out too . Hope he plays though

• mbunner23

Another night, another huge L. The past 2 1/2 weeks have me sick. It’s amazing how you can destroy at cash games all year long, then hit a 2 week streak questioning yourself. I’m not this bad at DFS. I’m determined to kill it today and get back on track. Gotta get the confidence back up! Maybe shortening my player pool will work.

DK

Player pool

PG – Bledsoe, Lowry, Simmons, Suns Cheap guards?
    SG – Butler, Holiday, Thybulle
    SF – Middleton, Bridges
    PF – ABC, Zion, Siakem, Randle, Grant
    C – Ayton

Definitely need to look into more injury news/situations this morning. Doubting Washington keeps it close so Milwaukee players are probably best suited for GPP at this point except Giannis?

On a side note – Why is rotogrinders taking away big GPP scores on profile pages? Had 1 gpp win taken off from last season.

• superjon

@Ace15 said...

I just want to apologize to Eric Gordon and Danuel House. I had absolutely 0 faith in y’all and ya’ll proved me wrongggg.

Middleton game

• mr_papageorgio

Someone in yesterday’s thread said the key to winning is to pick the best player at each position. That’s better advice than anything I’ve seen in premium so I’m going to simplify my process and try this new strategy tonight.

Zion has been as advertised but $7200 is a lot for a guy who is capped around 25 minutes. I think I’d rather play Harris against GS for $100 more.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #62

RG Tiered Ranking

Agreed let’s kill it today

• superstars92

@Ace15 said...

Why does the Kobe tribute game have to be special for Giannis? What about Jrue Holiday who grew up in LA during Kobe’s prime? I’m not saying Holiday will do well, but so many people have Kobe connections.

• monarch

Zion played 27 not 25 minutes last game. He has the third highest FPPM on the slate behind only Giannis and Luka and it’s not unreasonable to think he might play as many minutes or around Giannis tonight. Those two or four extra minutes for Zion is between 3.4 and 6.8 additional DK points vs a soft opponent.

• monarch

@superstars92 said...

Why does the Kobe tribute game have to be special for Giannis? What about Jrue Holiday who grew up in LA during Kobe’s prime? I’m not saying Holiday will do well, but so many people have Kobe connections.

Draymond Green and Kobe were tight. Perhaps we get a once in a month Draymond effort tonight

• superstars92

I don’t know much about how Zion will do, but all I know is don’t choose Brandon Ingram. He should be 0% owned.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #62

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

He went in my dummy lineup last night on FD. I’m ready to get on board if he is gonna play a min. of 27 mins. We’ll see if I still feel that after I go through everything. Really surprised how quick his mins are going up

• Ace15

@superstars92 said...

I’m a Bucks fan so I’m just going off by the impact that Kobe has had on Giannis. He adores him. I mean I’m on Jrue too if he has a Kobe connection and is vocal about it. Just going off what I’m seeing and hearing. Dray is a good call out on the KOBE connection, I’ll have him in some as well!

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@mbunner23 said...

Another night, another huge L. The past 2 1/2 weeks have me sick. It’s amazing how you can destroy at cash games all year long, then hit a 2 week streak questioning yourself. I’m not this bad at DFS. I’m determined to kill it today and get back on track. Gotta get the confidence back up! Maybe shortening my player pool will work.

DK

Player pool

PG – Bledsoe, Lowry, Simmons, Suns Cheap guards?
    SG – Butler, Holiday, Thybulle
    SF – Middleton, Bridges
    PF – ABC, Zion, Siakem, Randle, Grant
    C – Ayton

Definitely need to look into more injury news/situations this morning. Doubting Washington keeps it close so Milwaukee players are probably best suited for GPP at this point except Giannis?

On a side note – Why is rotogrinders taking away big GPP scores on profile pages? Had 1 gpp win taken off from last season.

I think I share only one player with you in your listed pool. So, one of us is going to kill it tonight and the other will bagel.

• superjon

@superstars92 said...

I don’t know much about how Zion will do, but all I know is don’t choose Brandon Ingram. He should be 0% owned.

Agree on Ingram

• superstars92

@Ace15 said...

I’m a Bucks fan so I’m just going off by the impact that Kobe has had on Giannis. He adores him. I mean I’m on Jrue too if he has a Kobe connection and is vocal about it. Just going off what I’m seeing and hearing. Dray is a good call out on the KOBE connection, I’ll have him in some as well!

Oh don’t choose Jrue, I was just giving an example. I think Jrue is hurt by Zion too…to the point now the Pelicans have like FIVE different players around 7k (Lonzo, Holiday, Zion, Ingram, Favors)….that’s crazy, whole team is around 7k on DK.

• Ace15

@superstars92 said...

Oh don’t choose Jrue, I was just giving an example. I think Jrue is hurt by Zion too…to the point now the Pelicans have like FIVE different players around 7k (Lonzo, Holiday, Zion, Ingram, Favors)….that’s crazy, whole team is around 7k on DK.

Got ya! Yeah only really playing high usage players who have a Kobe narrative lol.

Question for people who use to hand-make LU’s vs Now use optimizer or vice-versa? What has been more effective? I feel like my hand-made LU’s do perform way better than my optimized LU’s.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).