7:00 PM EST : New York ( 2 ) at Charlotte ( -2 ) —- T: 210
    7:00 PM EST : Golden St ( 13 ) at Philadelphia ( -13 ) —- T: 213
    7:30 PM EST : Boston ( 3 ) at Miami ( -3 ) —- T: 216
    7:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( -7.5 ) at Cleveland ( 7.5 ) —- T: 233
    7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 12 ) at Toronto ( -12 ) —- T: 233
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( -1 ) at Memphis ( 1 ) —- T: 225
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 16 ) at Milwaukee ( -16 ) —- T: 240
    8:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 6 ) at Dallas ( -6 ) —- T: 227.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Bodiaz36

Just a hunch about Trae. Game’s in Toronto, Trae coming off of a huge, incredibly emotional performance. Wouldn’t be surprised if there was a bit of a letdown. By letdown, I mean like just 45 fpts?

• monarch

@Bodiaz36 said...

Just a hunch about Trae. Game’s in Toronto, Trae coming off of a huge, incredibly emotional performance. Wouldn’t be surprised if there was a bit of a letdown. By letdown, I mean like just 45 fpts?

I agree with you plus Toronto is healthy and have been playing slower lately. He probably settles into an acceptable game but not necessarily a necessary game.

• Ndepompei

@JSteele said...

Well if he scores 40 and I get 40 out of say Dillon Brooks. Then I have a big advantage.

yeah i guess if i was playing a bunch id pivot off him in a couple dont see a reason to overthink it tonight though

• telestraightshooter

@Ace15 said...

Actually, I think I want some. Yeah….Exum at min priced no Garland. Yes I’ll take some actually.

I would too if I thought there was a > 15% chance of him reaching value.

His per 36 in 21 dK sans Garland = 14 over 24 mins

imho, Henson scores > Exum in 1/2 the minutes

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

Fear the Deer. Again. All in today’s NBA blog.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/nba-today-january-28-3281663

• Ace15

@Bodiaz36 said...

Possibly. Trae just kills TOR though..I don’t think much changes tonight. I’ll have a couple game stacks for sure. It’s probably going to be a track meet.

• rog11sm

@SkateFiend said...

Do you also have ad blocker?

no

• JSteele

I think Simmons has more upside if Embiid is out than Trae. At least on FD where there is no 3pt bonus and bleals are worth 3 pts.

• Ace15

@JSteele said...

I think Simmons has more upside if Embiid is out than Trae. At least on FD where there is no 3pt bonus and bleals are worth 3 pts.

Woops read that wrong. Yes I’m with you.

• monarch

@JSteele said...

I like that call. I’ll probably make lineups with either Simmons/Embiid based on if Embiid is in or not

• JSteele

@Ace15 said...

I’m the opposite. I have no interest in Simmons if Embiid is back. Will 100% take Trae over Simmons if Joel is back and even without I’m still leaning Trae.

Well obviously, if Embiid is playing I won’t have Simmons. I would probably just make the pivot to Trae if Embiid is in.

• Ace15

@JSteele said...

Well obviously, if Embiid is playing I won’t have Simmons. I would probably just make the pivot to Trae if Embiid is in.

Haha yeah, read that wrong. I’m with you!

• JSteele

If Embiid is in and has no minutes limit, i’d play Embiid + Luka probably

• telestraightshooter

@JSteele said...

I think Simmons has @ least one higher peak, but the mean of Trae’s peaks are higher than Simmons?

• JSteele

@telestraightshooter said...

I think Simmons has @ least one higher peak, but the mean of Trae’s peaks are higher than Simmons?

Fair. Fortunately DFS only requires one peak and if that happens to be with Simmons today, i’ll be sitting pretty.

• pat4detroit

Paschall is a homecoming candidate

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

I was planning on getting out of the MME game today, but this slate makes it really hard to focus on a SE or 3-Max mindset.

Really hard to come off the Bucks chalk considering the opponent. If this were a more stout defense or snails pace team they were up against it’d have more merit. Seriously could see like a 140-115 type game here, where even if it were to blowout (one reason why a fade or minimal exposure could work), they’ll have scored so many points it doesn’t matter.

Then even if you give in and play Bucks, where do you stop? Optimal’s are spitting out 5(!) Bucks.

• Ndepompei

@Pandamonious said...

I was planning on getting out of the MME game today, but this slate makes it really hard to focus on a SE or 3-Max mindset.

Really hard to come off the Bucks chalk considering the opponent. If this were a more stout defense or snails pace team they were up against it’d have more merit. Seriously could see like a 140-115 type game here, where even if it were to blowout (one reason why a fade or minimal exposure could work), they’ll have scored so many points it doesn’t matter.

Then even if you give in and play Bucks, where do you stop? Optimal’s are spitting out 5(!) Bucks.

are the 4th and 5th brook and donte?

• Pandamonious

@Ndepompei said...

are the 4th and 5th brook and donte?

Yes.

• SkateFiend

@rog11sm said...

no

It turns out that ad blocker wasn’t a factor.

I was able to enter lineups at windows explorer (or whatever the microsoft version of the browser is called now). It’s strange.

• JSteele

@Pandamonious said...

I would stop at 3, Bledsoe, Middleton and Ilyasova. If they score 130+, you’ll most likely only need 3 players in the optimal lineup.

Raptors 140 -> Terence Davis, Norm Powell, Marc Gasol
    Hawks 152 -> Trae Young, Hunter, Fernando

There are more examples, but it’s typically 2-3 when a team scores above 130

• monarch

Brook and Donte are my favorite. Five Bucks won’t win a GPP on a slate this size. What I’m planning on doing is forcing two Bucks and two Wizards and then going for the Ben Simmons, Kemba, Ayton type plays.

• telestraightshooter

Embiid listed as questionable…..

I question that

• had surgery on the torn ligament in his left hand only 18 days ago, it seems kinda quick
    • how torn was the ligament?

• Pandamonious

Really like going Barton/Wright/Jokic/Ayton then figuring out Bucks and whatever else. Anyone with me?

• gausman7

I don’t think Donte D has a ceiling to justify being rostered on this big of a slate. Same with Exum. At least with Ghostface at 3.3K on DK, he is capable of 10x.

I am rolling with Middleton/Ilya as core pieces. I’ll sprinkle in some Brolo and Bledsoe, but I am not going to go crazy with four Bucks in one lineup. I don’t think its a GPP winning strategy.

I am having trouble in the $7.4k-$7.8k range. I like Graham a lot tonight. D-Lo and K-love (assuming he plays) are both interesting GPP pieces too. I think I will interchange those three in my 3-max GPP lineup tonight and hope one hits.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).