7:00 PM EST : New York ( 2 ) at Charlotte ( -2 ) —- T: 210
    7:00 PM EST : Golden St ( 13 ) at Philadelphia ( -13 ) —- T: 213
    7:30 PM EST : Boston ( 3 ) at Miami ( -3 ) —- T: 216
    7:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( -7.5 ) at Cleveland ( 7.5 ) —- T: 233
    7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 12 ) at Toronto ( -12 ) —- T: 233
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( -1 ) at Memphis ( 1 ) —- T: 225
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 16 ) at Milwaukee ( -16 ) —- T: 240
    8:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 6 ) at Dallas ( -6 ) —- T: 227.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• land_of_the_lock

I was responding to the guy who said that no Powell was the reason doncic didn’t do well. It’s strange that you would hijack a response then accuse me of snarkiness. Ok.

I wasn’t crazy about paying 11k (not 12k) for doncic, but did due to other value pkays. It bit me. Wish he could have duplicated his last b2b of 62 but no dice. Only min cashed. Oh well.

• Petergunz82

365.5 on DK with Trae and Ghostface

• Manyak

Marc gasol cost me about 20k+ today if he didn’t get injured and got 30fps which he was well on pace for if not more

• Njsum1

@land_of_the_lock said...

I was responding to the guy who said that no Powell was the reason doncic didn’t do well. It’s strange that you would hijack a response then accuse me of snarkiness. Ok.

I wasn’t crazy about paying 11k (not 12k) for doncic, but did due to other value pkays. It bit me. Wish he could have duplicated his last b2b of 62 but no dice. Only min cashed. Oh well.

He’s 12k on DK. Your reply was snarky. He played 3 games without powell and played fine. His struggles on b2b have been well documented.

When you post a question on a PUBLIC forum anyone can answer it. If you wanted only that person to reply You can send him a private message. I’ll make sure not to answer your next question.

• tbird05

today was nuts…i’m scrolling through the leader boards and I swear 50 players reached value today or came close, and that’s not counting the massive chalk plays. Even Vince Carter 3.2k…23.75 fps. Yes someone played him

edit: revenge game? lol

• BBWC_10

@thedude404 said...

I would say all 3 were bad plays. Yes, I did consider playing Exum myself but Illya out there at min price and no real high priced players to go to (yes doncic was not in a good spot then you add Porzingis coming back). Not going to go into the merits or lack thereof of playing bench players.

Edit: Also I might add what exactly was Exum replacing? A guy you wouldnt normally start in DFS anyway. So sure Exum might go off on occasion, but it’s really the Love, Tristan, Sexton show in Cleveland. On the other hand, illya was replacing one of the best NBA players. Pretty basic thought process.

Doncic last 2 games vs. Phx he scored 74, 67 points, Having Porzingis on the floor would not effect Luka’s projections, Luka scored over 70 pts 7 times while on the floor with Porzingis in Nov/Dec. As far as Exum goes, I mean I was looking for 24pts in a high total game, honestly thought he would get 10 assists tonight maybe 8 pts and run into a few rebounds. Obviously the plays didn’t work out tonight so I was wrong but lets face it Luck trumps Smart plays most of the time.

• beastdog325

Nice to cash Without Neto! Guys dont understand sarcasm in this room.

• land_of_the_lock

@Njsum1 said...

He’s 12k on DK. Your reply was snarky. He played 3 games without powell and played fine. His struggles on b2b have been well documented.

When you post a question a a PUBLIC forum anyone can answer it. I’ll make sure not to answer your next question

Njsum, you are a well respected poster. I’m not looking to scrap with you.

I merely asked a specific poster why he thought Powell being absent had anything to do with doncic’s struggles in this game.

The fact that doncic hasn’t done great in some back to backs is fine to share. That may well have contributed to his poor performance today. It certainly hurts many players.

I really didn’t want to go with doncic but he fit certain lineups. I’m frustrated he ended up not coming through. When a silly explanation like Powell being out was offered as proof not to play doncic, I took the bait and responded

Again, not looking to square off over all explanations doncic. My apologies for being frustrated.

• telestraightshooter

@BBWC_10 said...

Doncic last 2 games vs. Phx he scored 74, 67 points, Having Porzingis on the floor would not effect Luka’s projections, Luka scored over 70 pts 7 times while on the floor with Porzingis in Nov/Dec

Luka 55 per 36 sans powell

https://rotogrinders.com/courtiq?range=1week&on=&off=18566%2C&opp_on=&opp_off=&team=140&opponent=&split=all

I dont know what the hell happend tonight, I faded him

• Njsum1

@land_of_the_lock said...

Again, not looking to square off over all explanations doncic. My apologies for being frustrated

All good man, I’ve been there…(too often lately 😭). My bad as well. Honestly, he wasn’t a terrible play…imo, that’s why I had him a couple of lineups. it’s just that if he doesn’t do well in a game that happens to be a back to back, I’ll cite that as the preeminent reason. Not that he can’t do well on b2b, he’s just risky.

He’s also not a great play on FD, although FD always entices us with a good price as compared with DK. He doesn’t get many blocks and steals, which are worth more on FD and they don’t give the double double and triple double bonus like DK.

Good luck tomorrow. 🍀🏀🔥

• telestraightshooter

Tommorrow’s chalk

• Houston (sans jH/ Capella)?
    • Sans Antonio … sans Aldridge
  • Ace15

Dvp told me sexton best play on the board. Im like? Serious no way gtfo no way sexton hits value. Sexton proceeds to hit value lol got to trust the numbers sometimes

• chronoxiong

The reason why we are all struggling to cash when we score over 350 points is because of the fricken fast paced games that is not featuring any defense being played. Look at that score for the Bucks/Wizards game! That was the main offender. I had four Bucks in my lineup but had Trae Young kill me and I picked Kelly Oubre over chalk Jaylen Brown. I scored 357.6 to barely cash in the Pick N Roll GPP https://www.fanduel.com/games/43075/contests/43075-234248102/entries/1974187112/scoring

After a last minute stat correction, I lost two cash games to these annoying 50/50 train https://www.fanduel.com/games/43075/contests/43075-234252701/entries/1973428546/scoring?entry=1973324731

Overall, I spent $10 and won $14.90. I seriously wish teams would start playing defense but that will never happen again. Thats the main root of the cause for these high scores. Also, still think the death of Kobe Bryant caused for the high scoring games from Middleton, Beal and Eric Gordon from the previous night. I have no clue why Doncic busted and glad to have faded that. Wonder if the team is struggling because they need an actual Center who can play solid basketball.

• Pick1979

Those high priced PG all flopped. Pretty rare for Simmons and donicic to do this bad on same nite

Randle and Sabonis have nice matchups Wednesday

• miggs6876

@Ace15 said...

Dvp told me sexton best play on the board. Im like? Serious no way gtfo no way sexton hits value. Sexton proceeds to hit value lol got to trust the numbers sometimes

I played him tonight. I figured he’d be pretty low owned, playing solid, getting min, and playing the pelicans.

• madmanjayWV

@me_mike84 said...

that’s where my head is at also. i am much quicker to fade expensive chalk as opposed to punt chalk.

$3,300 for him in this spot is great value. gonna be very hard to bust in my opinion. i’ll gladly take 25-30 fantasy points

It truly takes talent 2 play (1) LINEUP in the DRAFT KINGS MINI-MAX $0.50 GPP —- min. cash with 136.5 pts from BLEDSOE and MIDDLETEON and final LU score was 335.25…least it cashed..UNLIKE the SINGLE ENTRY ($1)

XXX

THIS IS WHY MLB > NBA #AYDS
    DRAFT KINGS $5K SINGLE ENTRY $1 GPP
    ——— PG – Draymond Green 6.1% – 46.25 — my NUTZ play of the nite – that LU got a 203.75 …….. email the NSA for details of that #AYDS…….

5,695th place outta 5,94th ENTRIES

POSITIONS PAID (1,325)— IF U ain’t 1st ur LAST!

Cam Reddish – still on (S-E) DK here — 2.3% owned 32 pts — 8x almost…NICE
    — #AYDS ALERTS = (TUESDAY) —- JOSH HART was 67.3% owned in S_E — trust me I had him on DK 22.25 – #PURE #AYDS

that is #AYDS — ERSAN ILLY GOING sub 7x on FD basically………..

saved the night ($0.50) — 50cent LOSS OVERALL…..

in MINI-MAX ($0.50) — GPP – my only otha LU rolled a 335.25 ..

with CHALK (MEGA) 50.4% BLEDSOE (60); 66.9% (MIDDLETON)..76.5………
    17% — Donte DiVincenzo (29.25)……..ERSAN #AYDS ILLY #ITOLDU .75.5% — in the DK —
    2 quarters an entry MINI-MAX…….22.25 @ 76percent #OOOOOOOOWNED! LMFAO

WENT and did ………4x’d on YAHOO faded ERSAN on FanDuel and still didn’t cash………chump change is bettaz than no changz

• madmanjayWV

@chronoxiong said...

The reason why we are all struggling to cash when we score over 350 points is because of the fricken fast paced games that is not featuring any defense being played. Look at that score for the Bucks/Wizards game! That was the main offender. I had four Bucks in my lineup but had Trae Young kill me and I picked Kelly Oubre over chalk Jaylen Brown. I scored 357.6 to barely cash in the Pick N Roll GPP https://www.fanduel.com/games/43075/contests/43075-234248102/entries/1974187112/scoring

After a last minute stat correction, I lost two cash games to these annoying 50/50 train https://www.fanduel.com/games/43075/contests/43075-234252701/entries/1973428546/scoring?entry=1973324731

Overall, I spent $10 and won $14.90. I seriously wish teams would start playing defense but that will never happen again. Thats the main root of the cause for these high scores. Also, still think the death of Kobe Bryant caused for the high scoring games from Middleton, Beal and Eric Gordon from the previous night. I have no clue why Doncic busted and glad to have faded that. Wonder if the team is struggling because they need an actual Center who can play solid basketball.

thanks for the season long TIP…….PERHAPS…………..more minutes on WAIVERS depending how deep your season long and or keeper NBA league is!

• emoney1214

Got 9th in the block and assist. Just missed with my pfs.

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

@BBWC_10 said...

Doncic last 2 games vs. Phx he scored 74, 67 points, Having Porzingis on the floor would not effect Luka’s projections, Luka scored over 70 pts 7 times while on the floor with Porzingis in Nov/Dec. As far as Exum goes, I mean I was looking for 24pts in a high total game, honestly thought he would get 10 assists tonight maybe 8 pts and run into a few rebounds. Obviously the plays didn’t work out tonight so I was wrong but lets face it Luck trumps Smart plays most of the time.

If you believe luck outweighs skill in dfs, why do you play?

• mbunner23

Cashed easily even with Exum….

Thank you Brad Beal.

• yisman

@tmarohl said...

I thought the spread went down to -12 when Giannis was announced as out. He wasn’t at the arena by the way.

it went from 16 to 11

I bet Wizards +16 before the move and lost

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).