• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Portland ( 4 ) at Houston ( -4 ) — T:
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 4.5 ) at Miami ( -4.5 ) — T:
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -10.5 ) at Detroit ( 10.5 ) — T:
    10:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -1 ) at Phoenix ( 1 ) — T: 228

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Njsum1

@jdtrey said...

Off the top of my head without digging in my guess, outside of scoring differences you mentioned, would be who they actually classify as a PG. If FD has Rose as a SG and DK has him as a PG then I could see how the numbers would get skewed.

Makes some sense, yet I would still think the gap would be narrower 🤷‍♂️

• jdtrey

@Njsum1 said...

Makes some sense, yet I would still think the gap would be narrower 🤷‍♂️

Yea league average to literally the best matchup is a bit of a stretch!

• Njsum1

@Broncm said...

This is what I’m stuck on rn. Do we think he’s shooting 21 shots again?

I think he shoots a lot…doesn’t mean he’ll score 17 points. But dame can’t take every shot. CJ and Cov are out, that’s a lot of shots to go around. He was taking Like 11 shots a game when everyone was healthy.

Not like it matters, as the coaches and gm who dissed him have since left Houston, yet I’d think he’d want to stick it to the Hou every chance he gets for essentially booting him out of the league for like a year.

He’s Carmelo…so 2-25 is possible. Yet the increase in PT and usage is real, and the narrative is whatever, yet I don’t see it as a negative, if anything it’s a good thing. 🤷‍♂️

Edit…he’s had 3 pretty solid games versus Houston last year, with only one bad shooting performance. However, what stood out to me is that he collected at least 10 rebounds in all those games. Now without doing any digging as to why, it wouldn’t be unreasonable to think that he plays/tries a little harder against Houston.

• Njsum1

@jdtrey said...

Yea league average to literally the best matchup is a bit of a stretch!

Houston is actually a good defensive team according to efficiency. Like a top 5-7 team. Yet they do play fast, so that helps.

• jdtrey

I remember when CP3 and Curry used to get up for games against each other, looked at their recent game logs and it’s mostly just bleh. All the more reason to just shove Dame in everywhere, although I’ll definitely still have some of each. I really don’t want to play Reggie again but he’s going to be the highest projected PG and with no price increase probably the highest owned.

Going Rose/Griffin in a couple.. turn back da clock vs LeBron. Loving GLASS at 8900 obviously. Gotta have some G S/PHX Stacks… Curry/Dray/Wise-Man…….. Paul/Carter/Bridges!

• superjon

@Njsum1 said...

Explain this to me…DK has point guards versus Houston as the 17th easiest matchup, and FD Has it as the easiest. I know there’s scoring differences between the two sites, yet come on, how can that be?

Can’t speak on difference between DK and FD, but I go by Archetype

https://rotogrinders.com/team-stats/nba-allowed?sport=nba&position=CG&site=fanduel&range=season

Dame is a CG (Combo Guard), and Houston is 3rd worst this season against CGs

Plus CJ is still out, and Dame is cheap 9.8k.

It’s a hill I’m willing to die on.

• frugal

@Njsum1 said...

Explain this to me…DK has point guards versus Houston as the 17th easiest matchup, and FD Has it as the easiest. I know there’s scoring differences between the two sites, yet come on, how can that be?

I never pay attention to DK’s DvP numbers as they provide no insight as to how they are generated and are often literally the inverse of what I get elsewhere. For example…

Against PG HOU allows 1.21X league avg rebounding, .85 league avg ast, and 1.38V league avg steals but as a team are stingy across the board in terms of scoring, the only category they allow better than league avg is from 3 and as a team, HOU is allowing exactly league average FP when taking opponent total production into account.

They’re not really a reliable team to target this year especially since Harden left, but on a 4 game slate with Dame’s current role certainly worth exposure.

• ghostfacekicker

FD GPP. Love Lillard tonight. Scared of Reggie Jackson and Luke Kennard. Batun flopped last game but I’d rather have Batum + Mann if the same lineup plays. Batum playing like 30 minutes a game, at some point he’s going to 7x and I want in!

• ghostfacekicker

@frugal said...

I never pay attention to DK’s DvP numbers as they provide no insight as to how they are generated and are often literally the inverse of what I get elsewhere. For example…

Against PG HOU allows 1.21X league avg rebounding, .85 league avg ast, and 1.38V league avg steals but as a team are stingy across the board in terms of scoring, the only category they allow better than league avg is from 3 and as a team, HOU is allowing exactly league average FP when taking opponent total production into account.

They’re not really a reliable team to target this year especially since Harden left, but on a 4 game slate with Dame’s current role certainly worth exposure.

I check head to head game logs online for DvP, then click to see the actual games box scores. Sometimes it does help.

• ghostfacekicker

@ghostfacekicker said...

I check head to head game logs online for DvP, then click to see the actual games box scores. Sometimes it does help.

More importantly all of the metrics and information need to be taken into weighted consideration.

• ghostfacekicker

@frugal said...

Interesting point about the 3. Seems to be a common theme across the league. Many good teams give up points to the SF but it’s because the “good players” are stacked at other positions leaving open shots and hustle work for 3 and D guys.

• fleishmo6

any sense in maybe being contarian and fading Por/Hou and loading up on GS/Pho? betting studs in first game do not get there? Plug in with Laker stud? Or just play Lillard et all

• frugal

@superjon said...

Can’t speak on difference between DK and FD, but I go by Archetype

https://rotogrinders.com/team-stats/nba-allowed?sport=nba&position=CG&site=fanduel&range=season

Dame is a CG (Combo Guard), and Houston is 3rd worst this season against CGs

Plus CJ is still out, and Dame is cheap 9.8k.

It’s a hill I’m willing to die on.

Be careful looking at full season stats here. In terms of defensive rating, HOU was 9th worst with Harden to 2nd best post Harden allowing the 6th fewest points to opponents. Now it’s a 4 game slate and the post Harden sample is smaller and any given night Dame can go off, but on the whole those DvP numbers just don’t hold up when looking at the details.

• ghostfacekicker

@jdtrey said...

I remember when CP3 and Curry used to get up for games against each other, looked at their recent game logs and it’s mostly just bleh. All the more reason to just shove Dame in everywhere, although I’ll definitely still have some of each. I really don’t want to play Reggie again but he’s going to be the highest projected PG and with no price increase probably the highest owned.

Reggie is bad chalk. Give me all the Batum and Mann. I also like Melo tonight but might pay up for Bron Bron. They lost by 1 point to the Sixers he’ll be at 50 by half time and sit the 4th when they’re up by 20. He’s got a higher FPPM and usage than AD with how the team is constructed. Give me all of the Lebron!

• Broncm

@Njsum1 said...

I think he shoots a lot…doesn’t mean he’ll score 17 points. But dame can’t take every shot. CJ and Cov are out, that’s a lot of shots to go around. He was taking Like 11 shots a game when everyone was healthy.

Not like it matters, as the coaches and gm who dissed him have since left Houston, yet I’d think he’d want to stick it to the Hou every chance he gets for essentially booting him out of the league for like a year.

He’s Carmelo…so 2-25 is possible. Yet the increase in PT and usage is real, and the narrative is whatever, yet I don’t see it as a negative, if anything it’s a good thing. 🤷‍♂️

Edit…he’s had 3 pretty solid games versus Houston last year, with only one bad shooting performance. However, what stood out to me is that he collected at least 10 rebounds in all those games. Now without doing any digging as to why, it wouldn’t be unreasonable to think that he plays/tries a little harder against Houston.

Yeah I’ll probably take the over. But idk. I’m not a huge fan of tonight’s slate. Might just avoid it altogether. On an unrelated note, I had a friend miss out on $2500 last night because John Collins couldn’t grab one more rebound…

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

@frugal said...

Be careful looking at full season stats here. In terms of defensive rating, HOU was 9th worst with Harden to 2nd best post Harden allowing the 6th fewest points to opponents. Now it’s a 4 game slate and the post Harden sample is smaller and any given night Dame can go off, but on the whole those DvP numbers just don’t hold up when looking at the details.

They have been getting smashed by point guards all season. With and without Harden

• got9forya

@Broncm said...

Yeah I’ll probably take the over. But idk. I’m not a huge fan of tonight’s slate. Might just avoid it altogether. On an unrelated note, I had a friend miss out on $2500 last night because John Collins couldn’t grab one more rebound…

I feel his pain I was one off on my Parlay for 980 because Grant couldn’t get 1 more assist smh

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

From the Portland side I want Dame, Kanter, Melo, Simons

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

So did Wall negotiate 5 extra mins for all games or just the Wizards game?

• frugal

@theIrrigator said...

They have been getting smashed by point guards all season. With and without Harden

In relationship to all teams or just from a HOU perspective realative to other positions? Serious question as this season has been so strange with the 2 games “series”, so much roster instability, and odd schedules that it’s been hard to keep track.

• dominicanpapi

@fleishmo6 said...

any sense in maybe being contarian and fading Por/Hou and loading up on GS/Pho? betting studs in first game do not get there? Plug in with Laker stud? Or just play Lillard et all

It would be pretty contrarian but one other game has a chance to be a blow out, there’s another game where both teams are on a B2B and pending any news, the other game may or may not get like 2-3 guys that will make a significant difference in who to target (Miami).

• frugal

Wow, just looked at salaries on Yahoo & DK and Dame is highest priced of all players. That feels like a hard fade to me right now, need to run some data.

• Njsum1

@frugal said...

👍

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

@frugal said...

In relationship to all teams or just from a HOU perspective realative to other positions? Serious question as this season has been so strange with the 2 games “series”, so much roster instability, and odd schedules that it’s been hard to keep track.

I have Houston as dead last in DvP vs PG

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).