• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Washington ( -7 ) at Cleveland ( 7 ) —- T: 219
    7:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -6.5 ) at Detroit ( 6.5 ) —- T: 218.5
    7:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -5 ) at Orlando ( 5 ) —- T: 221.5
    7:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 7 ) at Brooklyn ( -7 ) —- T: 218
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 10 ) at Houston ( -10 ) —- T: 234
    8:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 0 ) at San Antonio ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 0 ) at LA Lakers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• frugal

What are our thought’s on Aldridge tonight? Blowout expected but if that happens with DDR out it will have to be Aldridge going off right?

• tonytone1908

@captainwacky said...

Also, Zubac should get mangled by Embiid as long as Joel is not too hungover or whatever— Beasley should do just fine if that action occurs.

Been trying to play out this scenario in my head. Zubac ownership should be high so of course he’ll flop, right? Does Javale step in at almost zero ownership and go ham or foul out in 12 mins? My head says Zubac and my gut says Javale so of course I’ll go Zubac and be totally wrong.

• captainwacky

Zubac is a big and relatively talented human, and Embiid is still questionable, so i don’t think it’s egregious to play Zubac (or Embiid, for that matter). But they each carry tangible risk they wouldn’t in other spots.

• keephustlincuz

@captainwacky said...

Also, Zubac should get mangled by Embiid as long as Joel is not too hungover or whatever— Beasley should do just fine if that action occurs.

You sure zubac cant have a good game against Embiid?

• hobbes2d

@captainwacky said...

Zubac is a big and relatively talented human, and Embiid is still questionable, so i don’t think it’s egregious to play Zubac (or Embiid, for that matter). But they each carry tangible risk they wouldn’t in other spots.

I mean Zubac destroyed Jokic as a rookie so I’m not really that concerned about him fouling out. He should get his.

• Njsum1

@captainwacky said...

I’m still playing Embiid. Just not going all in…which is upsetting, felt like it was THE edge on this slate…on DK anyway. 10,200 is a joke in any matchup, especially this one.

I’m going to try and play Embiid with another center on DK. And put him in the util…if he’s out I can just swap to Simmons..

• hobbes2d

@Njsum1 said...

I’m still playing Embiid. Just not going all in…which is upsetting, felt like it was THE edge on this slate…on DK anyway. 10,200 is a joke in any matchup, especially this one.

Embiid and Westbrook prices are a joke on DK haha

• chrisbanas

@frugal said...

What are our thought’s on Aldridge tonight? Blowout expected but if that happens with DDR out it will have to be Aldridge going off right?

I will be playing him. Holmes will be guarding him…. holmes…

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

If it makes you feel any better I highly, highly doubt Embiid wasn’t going to be chalky. Everyone remembers the 90 spot he put up in LA last year. It’s super easy to fit Embiid and Westbrook on DK in my opinion. Most the other good Center plays today are also PF eligible. Not to mention the utility spot allowing for two C’s. There was just no way he wasn’t going to be chalky. If anything this news should make you happy, as maybe it will help drop his ownership. Going overweight on a chalky player can be an edge, but was never going to be the edge.

• Agent47

@frugal said...

Part of me says “yes”, but Pop always makes me a little nervous with his minutes. I, too, expect a blowout. And if this one does get out of hand, Aldridge will be one of the first guys to get the rest of the night off, I would think. I’ll probably have some exposure as it’s a great spot for him, but not all-in just in case the game blows out because of guys like Gay, Derrick White, the bench guys or whatever.

• tmarohl

@hobbes2d said...

As in too low or too high?

• Njsum1

@hobbes2d said...

Yep got him paired with Westy in a bunch. Although I can see Westy coming in light here..I don’t think it’s likely, it just wouldn’t surprise me. Up until the whole Embiid popping up on the injury report thing, I didn’t see a path to him scoring less than 50dk, even in a blowout. He’ll probably still smash.

I’ve got him in the util, so I’d swap to Ben since it’s the stand alone late game if I have to.

• ASitar

Lovin’ Ed Davis tonight

• captainwacky

I don’t think it’s a given that Zubac struggles against Embiid… but I do think it’s kinda likely. I really like Jokic’s game, but Embiid is a foul drawing machine in a way that Jokic is not, and slightly bigger/more physical.

• callmetouch

@ASitar said...

Lovin’ Ed Davis tonight

if Allen was out sure

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

If it makes you feel any better I highly, highly doubt Embiid wasn’t going to be chalky. Everyone remembers the 90 spot he put up in LA last year. It’s super easy to fit Embiid and Westbrook on DK in my opinion. Most the other good Center plays today are also PF eligible. Not to mention the utility spot allowing for two C’s. There was just no way he wasn’t going to be chalky. If anything this news should make you happy, as maybe it will help drop his ownership. Going overweight on a chalky player can be an edge, but was never going to be the edge.

Thanks for trying to cheer me up…haha 😁

I knew he’d be chalky…but like 40% ish chalky. I’d just go double the field or all in, in that scenario.

Personally, and I know some players see it differently, yet I’d rather do that (double the field on a chalk player) knowing he’s safe to get full run, then gamble a bit and get him at lower ownership due to the injury report thing…make sense?

Still going to cue him up, as Simmons is a decent swap, if for some small chance he’s out.

• Idontknow

Embiid missed shoot around with a stomach ache. If it were a back issue, I might be concerned, but I feel pretty confident about his chances of playing full minutes.

• moosedrool

@ASitar said...

Lovin’ Ed Davis tonight

Looking at that too, as well as Hollis. I’m just not sold going into a b2b.

• chrisbanas

I’m not playing Embiid. Would rather pay $4,000 less for Okafor and find the other 20-30 points else where

• ghost3490

@chrisbanas said...

I’m not playing Embiid. Would rather pay $4,000 less for Okafor and find the other 20-30 points else where

i would assume your playing Holiday also then correct?

• BerkeleyBoss

@captainwacky said...

I don’t think it’s a given that Zubac struggles against Embiid… but I do think it’s kinda likely. I really like Jokic’s game, but Embiid is a foul drawing machine in a way that Jokic is not, and slightly bigger/more physical.

Yeah, I think the extreme fear of Embiid is a bit irrational. Obviously not a great matchup, but certainly not unbeatable. I’m gonna have a small amount of Zubac, hopefully well over the field.

• frugal

@Idontknow said...

Embiid missed shoot around with a stomach ache. If it were a back issue, I might be concerned, but I feel pretty confident about his chances of playing full minutes.

I’m coming off a 24 hour stomach bug. If he has what I had, no way he’s playing.

• TJRhodes

I want to play 5 centers

• hobbes2d

@frugal said...

I’m coming off a 24 hour stomach bug. If he has what I had, no way he’s playing.

But do you have access to trainers and team doctors 24/7 and IV drip in your hotel room?

• chrisbanas

@ghost3490 said...

i would assume your playing Holiday also then correct?

Yes

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.