• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Washington ( -7 ) at Cleveland ( 7 ) —- T: 219
    7:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -6.5 ) at Detroit ( 6.5 ) —- T: 218.5
    7:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -5 ) at Orlando ( 5 ) —- T: 221.5
    7:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 7 ) at Brooklyn ( -7 ) —- T: 218
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 10 ) at Houston ( -10 ) —- T: 234
    8:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 0 ) at San Antonio ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 0 ) at LA Lakers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #77

RG Tiered Ranking

@Petergunz82 said...

It just seems like the winning lineup usually has a late game hammer.

There’s no such thing.

If the Memphis Grizzlies and Indiana Pacers were playing at 10:30pm EST, would you be dying to cram any of them into lineups?

The reason for what you describe lies in the fact that west coast games generally tend to be faster paced and higher scoring, and the west coast tends to be more talented than the east. That isn’t always true, however, and nobody should ever be getting players simply because they’re last on the list to play that night.

But if people want to keep doing it, carry on. I like folks who do that. It’s profitable for me.

• captainwacky

@Epignosis said...

There’s no such thing.

If the Memphis Grizzlies and Indiana Pacers were playing at 10:30pm EST, would you be dying to cram any of them into lineups?

The reason for what you describe lies in the fact that west coast games generally tend to be faster paced and higher scoring, and the west coast tends to be more talented than the east. That isn’t always true, however, and nobody should ever be getting players simply because they’re last on the list to play that night.

But if people want to keep doing it, carry on. I like folks who do that. It’s profitable for me.

Also, depending on the slate size, there’s a percentage chance that each game contains a necessary piece to win a slate. Any time that piece is contained in the last game, it will be that piece that ‘wins’ the slate, even though there’s tons of other lineups with that dude who lost… so yeah, it doesn’t matter the order.

• mtdurham

@Pandamonious said...

Westbrook, Satoransky, Kennard, A. Gordon. Build from there. I think. As of now. Early thoughts.

Gotta give you credit… i like to read the thread (particularly the first few pages) after the games play out… and your early thoughts are often very, very good advice… they match up with some data i spend a lot of time compiling by hand too.. and you have teh advice like first thing in the morning… interested in your process…

Ive never had Aaron Gordon grade out higher than i did tonight… so i had to play him…not someone i ever wind up playing as a core play and barely as a sprinkle even..

Kennard / Galloway both graded out as premium punts for me (didnt wind up using either since i went full scramble and mostly locked in frank jackson as my guard punt) but i am right there with you on this thought before that value opened up….

Satoransky was in my core (which i regretted after the late Washington lineup news broke and it was too late to get him out) but i was all over him to start the slate…

Westbrook i disagree with pretty heavily as a core play.. i had him potentially going different ways tonight…. no big BAKED in value at all IMO…there was both upside and downside.. after the value opened up though i guess things could go either way…. adams being out i actually had helping him tonight… unfortunately by the time the news came out i was in super scramble mode and got locked positionally in most places…. ended up with $2100 leftover in a lot of rosters but no way to get to westbrook in most lineups

overall, really good work esp so early in the mornings though for several months running

• Dolphins2016

Wow imagine having 305 points on the draftkings big jam tourney and not cashing…. wtf

• BBWC_10

Embiid will have the Q tag next game again with a back sprain. You heard it here first.

• yisman

beasley busting hard to crush me

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #77

RG Tiered Ranking

Right now, all the “late night hammers” are hoping to cash.

• Dolphins2016

@Epignosis said...

Right now, all the “late night hammers” are hoping to cash.

I’m hoping the opposite, I got no one stuck on 305points

• tmarohl

Embiid looks like he will miss some time after that missed dunk, and back crunching all to the floor.

• yisman

@BerkeleyBoss said...

Hopefully this blowout frees Beasley up to just shoot every time he touches the ball.

guy starts and plays 10 minutes

• damionismyname

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@yisman said...

beasley busting hard to crush me

no minutes. he only seems to get minutes in blowouts and when he starts he doesnt play much.

• mtdurham

@Epignosis said...

I just calculated Faried’s floor and ceiling as this:

Ceiling: 52.3
    Floor: 26.2
    Median: 39.2

way off…. he had 39.75 and that was a floor game on a ceiling evening where he hit his floor+ceiling+median divided by 3…

Take the sum of the squares and regression fit it and now we have to raise his floor and ceiling both by 0.65 before next game….. multivariate regression

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #77

RG Tiered Ranking

@mtdurham said...

way off…. he had 39.75 and that was a floor game on a ceiling evening where he hit his floor+ceiling divided by 2…

Take the sum of the squares and regression fit it and now we have to raise his floor and ceiling both by 0.65 before next game….. multivariate regression

I knew I liked you.

• yisman

embiid checks back in

• tmarohl

@yisman said...

embiid checks back in

wow

• tristanwolf

@mtdurham said...

way off…. he had 39.75 and that was a floor game on a ceiling evening where he hit his floor+ceiling divided by 2…

• Jeezylives

If I listened to whoever said play McGee or Zumba earlier today..I take down 10k on yahoo..

11 points Zu..really

• pn3

lebron needs to hurry up and get walton fired

• pn3

@pn3 said...

still got beasley left for me at least, this could either go really good or really bad. no in between

yep

• tristanwolf

there’s a player named Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk?

• BBWC_10

pleaseeee don’t stat correct me out of the money…. at 306.5 will get half my money back if they don’t screw me again!!!

• mtdurham

@hobbes2d said...

It’s really not that hard. Houston will destroy them. NO literally has Jrue and Okafor and that’s it. Like they can try hard all they want but Solomon Hill and Darius Miller can’t reliably score enough against a good team to keep this game close.

New Orleans won….

Granted you didnt know at the time Elfrid Payton was gonna be out which probably helped their chances…

• chrisbanas

Butler steal and free throws made me go from winning 300 to losing all my entries…. by .4 points

• mtdurham

@mtdurham said...

I just walked back from the shower and grabbed my notepad, laptop, and blue pen…. first thing i did while sitting down was accidently rip a giant blue penmark from my butt to my pubic bone while trying to lift the comforter.

Now i cant play DFS naked today or Ill feel like an idiot everytime i see that blue pen mark.

I dont like the way this is going already.

Should have just taken the day off

• miggs6876

@chrisbanas said...

Butler steal and free throws made me go from winning 300 to losing all my entries…. by .4 points

That hurts.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).