• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Washington ( -7 ) at Cleveland ( 7 ) —- T: 219
    7:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -6.5 ) at Detroit ( 6.5 ) —- T: 218.5
    7:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -5 ) at Orlando ( 5 ) —- T: 221.5
    7:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 7 ) at Brooklyn ( -7 ) —- T: 218
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 10 ) at Houston ( -10 ) —- T: 234
    8:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 0 ) at San Antonio ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 0 ) at LA Lakers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mtdurham

@captainwacky said...

So find that scrub… I can tell you for certain I’m going to have an inordinate amount of Cheick Diallo knowing he could either get 0 or 35. If he gets 35, I’ll probably have a good time. If not, then not.

but you promised 0 or 35…. he had 8… thats not even a prime number

• BBWC_10

@mtdurham said...

Should have just taken the day off

Who killed ya tonight? my main 3 guys were Sato, Holmes and Zubac

• scott33

@pn3 said...

lebron needs to hurry up and get walton fired

No kidding, just a terrible coach.

• mtdurham

@emnj69 said...

todays nba guys are so soft-they should lose their game checks each time they “rest” it is a disgrace-nfl guys play with casts on and play a much more brutal game-TO played with a broken bone in his leg as did Jack youngblood , Ronnie lot had a chunk of his finger cut off so he would not miss playing time that it would have taken to recover.

ronnie lott was a safety. are you suggesting you want Furkan Korkmaz out there shooting with a broken finger? Most teams would just rather have someone else out there playing

• chrisbanas

@miggs6876 said...

That hurts.

The moment it happened I knew my night was over. turned off my tv and going to bed

• scott33

Min cashed 2/10. Too much KCP & Beasley. 50% Embiid also killed me, paying down at C was the way to go obviously.

• chronoxiong

@scott33 said...

Min cashed 2/10. Too much KCP & Beasley. 50% Embiid also killed me, paying down at C was the way to go obviously.

Yeah sucks to realize that for myself. I thought LMA was a must play due to no Derozan. But seeing Faried, Okafor, McGee and Noel all crushing at a fraction of LMA’s $37 price tag. I kinda wished I had them instead and used that salary to upgrade other guys. Like me roster Wayne fricken Selden. Yeah, I chased his points. Stupid me. My decision to play Selden at $10 over KCP ended up preventing me from GPP cashing because those 10 points I lost out on made a difference. And I should have known to not play Michael Beasley. It was only a matter of time when he trolls or Luke Walton doesn’t give him mins. I only profited 50 cents overall on Yahoo tonight. Congrats to those who won. I wished I had seen the Noel starting news because I was stuck at work during lock time. I had no shot with that one.

• miggs6876

@scott33 said...

I had Okafor penciled in. I always check 15 min before slate starts. I saw Adams was out and pivoted to Noel. That allowed me to get ABC. Also, played Butler who I knew was in a decent spot. Was hoping Embnd wouldn’t play. My 3 mistakes were Hollis.-Jeff, Santo, and E Gorden.

• scott33

@miggs6876 said...

I had Okafor penciled in. I always check 15 min before slate starts. I saw Adams was out and pivoted to Noel. That allowed me to get ABC. Also, played Butler who I knew was in a decent spot. Was hoping Embnd wouldn’t play. My 3 mistakes were Hollis.-Jeff, Santo, and E Gorden.

I was heavy on Noel as well. He was the only punt that exceeded value for me tonight. RHJ had such a nice start only to fall off. Done going heavy on Lakers value plays. I’ll sprinkle them in but no more heavy exposure.

• Spartaca

@scott33 said...

No kidding, just a terrible coach.

At least the Lakers lost to a team better than they are, Houston lost to a gleague team with Holiday and Okafor.

• mtdurham

@mbunner23 said...

My opinion on who duds tonight that will be highly owned: Okafor

great call…

• mtdurham

@hobbes2d said...

I hate this slate so much that I’m willing to punt Christian Wood tonight and hope he sees 20-ish minutes and smashes. Dude just dropped 40 pts and 20 boards in G League before getting called up today. Had 6 pts and 4 boards in just 7 mins against Det on 12/5.

im a christian wood truther and all but he’s been putting up numbers like that in the G league for like 4 years running now..

• mtdurham

@mbunner23 said...

Why would you play Dunn tonight?

matchup… didnt love the price but the matchup was too good for me to totally ignore…

i would have done a LOT of things differently tonight if the news hadnt broken on adams and elfrid so late…sent me into straight scramble mode…was playing waaaaay too many lineups for me to manage efficiently

• mtdurham

@Epignosis said...

Don’t overvalue late news. In the scramble, I find that people treat more recent news as more important than older news, even when the recent news doesn’t affect the game affected by the older news.

you’re 100% correct on this… i mean noel was seriously important tonight tho…. and i had a crap ton of elfrid so i had no choice but to reacy aggessively…

what drives me nuts is that i had a nice even allotment of booker, russell, jrue, and lavine… but as soon as that news comes out im trying to figure out how to get to frank jackson which gives me all this extra $ and im ytring to figure out where to put it and i end up without the nice balance i spent the hour prior creating…. that just drives me crazy

• mtdurham

@BBWC_10 said...

Who killed ya tonight? my main 3 guys were Sato, Holmes and Zubac

blake at PF was my real dud……. sucks too i had a good read on the slate overall…. was practially all-in on the Okafor/Noel pairing across the board at C/Util with Gordon at SF….. and i was set to pay up at PG/SG with all the booker, holiday, russell, lavine, and dunn pairings i could drum up…

then i had all those combos paired with a third cheap guard which was a combo of roughly 40% Alfred Peyton, 25% derrick white, 25% napier, and 10% reggie jackson for god sake who i FINALLy got right for once….. split the last forward spot about 30-40% beasley and 60-70% guys not named mike beasley…

Once the Payton news came out and i saw it at just after 7 PM lock everything went to crap in terms of balance…. its not just the nice balance i lost but also the random sprinkles of guys like markannen, nance, etc that you lose in a scramble that drives me crazy

I global swapped frank jackson for payton just to make sure those rosters wwerent toally dead and tried to reallocate the savings where i could with guys who werent already locked…thats where not being able to get to any Westbrook killed me…i would have to go all teh way to harden and scrimp elsewhere…. or use Dunn somewhat heavily…. or go beasley up to like rudy gay…. just a lot of moves i didnt love…moves that were fine for a few rosters but it sucks when you need to change 20-25 of them with limited options

I did ultimately benefit from addnig a lot of Faried with the savings… he was a guy i liked for sure but i stupidly played blake as a core play instead….. i f i go Faried instead of blake in the core i have a nice evening….

thats why i recommend your core being on the cheaper side of guys…. cheaper guys like Faried getting 28 on $6.3K in your core cant WRECK you the same way a $9.3k guy getting 39 can…

• gaelicgirl

• mbunner23

@mtdurham said...

great call…

Lol. Nobody is 100 percent right or we’d all be rich. I’ll be wrong about something else today I’m sure.

• Dolphins2016

oh

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.