7:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -7 ) at New Orleans ( 7 ) — T: 228.5
    7:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( 1 ) at New York ( -1 ) — T: 206
    7:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 5.5 ) at Toronto ( -5.5 ) — T: 229
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -7.5 ) at Minnesota ( 7.5 ) — T:
    8:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -9 ) at Oklahoma City ( 9 ) — T: 230
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 2 ) at Orlando ( -2 ) — T:
    8:30 PM EST : Denver ( -3.5 ) at San Antonio ( 3.5 ) — T: 224.5
    10:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 4 ) at Utah ( -4 ) — T:

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• miggs6876

@tmarohl said...

I think Giannis is too expensive for that game environment. Him and Zion will probably try to dunk on each other and get in foul trouble.

To me it seems like a Middleton game. His floor is so high. Definite cash game play but not sure about GPP?

• tmarohl

@Herf said...

There has to be some good value in Minnesota tonight. They will still put up a decent amount of points against Philly.

Sure, you can have Okogee. No one else will :)

• tmarohl

@miggs6876 said...

To me it seems like a Middleton game. His floor is so high. Definite cash game play but not sure about GPP?

I like Holiday and Bledsoe. Revenge narratives you know.

• dominicanpapi

@tmarohl said...

You would need to take some overpaid guys on short term contracts back as well to make the salaries work. For instance with Miami, you would probably have to include a guy like Iggy or Leonard.

Yep, I would ask for Kelly O, and then send him to a third team for additional picks.

Cost would be higher if the Wiz trade him within the conference or the division, which is why I would ask for everyone but Bam (untouchable probably) from Miami, and everyone but Young in Atlanta.

• dominicanpapi

Durant is OUT.

Edit: Basically 100% Irving and Harden for me, with SGA as the run back.

• Durantdagoat

Would it be a poor choice to play Powell and Vanfleet on the same roster.

• tmarohl

@dominicanpapi said...

Durant is OUT.

Probably doesn’t want to be called “cupcake” in OKC.

• xwalker5

@Durantdagoat said...

I’m really thinking about taking holiday only 7k on DK but I think you can get the same productivity with Powell and he’s 800$ cheaper

Powell has definitely been hot lately, I just feel like buddy’s priced close to his ceiling. You like him at that price more than Hunter?

I feel like Jrue can get 25 real life points whenever he wants/he might just feel like it tonight lol

• tmarohl

Kawhi and PG13 appear to be back. Not on injury report.

• Wooden_Bones

@Durantdagoat said...

Would it be a poor choice to play Powell and Vanfleet on the same roster.

Eh, they can work together. They have a positive correlation, albeit a small positive correlation.

On a side note, I’m disappointed not to hear the Durant news first from this user name.

• ifthethunder

@dominicanpapi said...

Durant is OUT.

I was 100% James Harden already, now 110%.
    ~

• Wooden_Bones

@tmarohl said...

Probably doesn’t want to be called “cupcake” in OKC.

By who, the other team? No fans.

• tmarohl

@Wooden_Bones said...

By who, the other team? No fans.

The fan cutouts.

• mpuntsch

Is anyone else taking a beating the last week or two? Reading all the info, working lineups into HQ and i’m not even breaking the the top 50%.
    I know it’s a grind..hence the site name..but getting frustrated and wondering if anyone has any tips for a fellow grinder..
    Misery loves company ;)

• Njsum1

@dominicanpapi said...

Durant is OUT.

They’ll be more news, this is a 10 game slate….

Can’t even consider making lineups yet.

Kyrie seems like the better DK play over Harden, if I had to choose one. We’ve seen this situation before and neither really crushed, although OKC is a better matchup than Cleveland.

• Njsum1

@tmarohl said...

The fan cutouts.

Yeah they can be brutal 😁

• frugal

Ok ran some preliminary numbers (note, I didn’t adjust for Durant out other than removing him from the list and including the next highest guy). Top projected guys tonight in order of total FP:

DK: Jokic, Sabonis. Embiid, Doncic, Harden
    Y: Jokic, Embiid, Sabonis, Westbrook, Capella

Value:

Cody Zeller $11/4K – If he starts again he’s going to be garner extremely high ownership and he’s likely the kind of chalk you’ll need tonight. I’m not getting cute here.

JaMychal Green $12/4.6K – Green’s been balling coming off a pair of 2.6X+/7.3X games. Jokic was recently quoted saying “I would like to play with Green the rest of my life”. When you’ve got that kind of praise from the franchise player, it’s got to be a boost to your confidence and a message to the coaching staff. He’s got a fantastic matchup tonight with SAS who offers the 3rd most rebounds to opponents in the league and is top 5 in opponent 3P% (57% of Green’s FGA’s are from 3).

Joe Ingles $12/4.7K – If Mitchell misses again, give me all the Ingles. Watching him last game, I was surprised at how much his game reminds me of Doncic (when Doncic hit’s his 3s…). He carved up the Dallas defense last game, and while DAL is a good team at making defensive adjustments, I think their focus will be on Gobert and Clarkson with the idea that Ingles isn’t going to be able to beat them alone.

• tmarohl

@mpuntsch said...

Is anyone else taking a beating the last week or two? Reading all the info, working lineups into HQ and i’m not even breaking the the top 50%.
    I know it’s a grind..hence the site name..but getting frustrated and wondering if anyone has any tips for a fellow grinder..
    Misery loves company ;)

Build better lineups :)
    Just stick with it. Look at better performing lineups and try to look at their thought process. Analyze your lineups against top lineups and see if you can identify weak spots. Every slate is different. This year has been weird. Whenever I get into a funk, I try to go back to solid plays and reduce my thin plays. You should consult with Jayzee though, because you never want to play who the reaper has going.

• frugal

Looks like Kawhi and George are playing.

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

Looks like Kawhi and George are playing.

What does that do to your model?

• Durantdagoat

Dejounte Murray is an absolute steal at 6100dk

• frugal

@tmarohl said...

What does that do to your model?

I’m going to wait to add in adjustments in bulk later as more news drops, but gut check is Mann is completely out of the picture and Jackson will see a large minutes/usage cut.

• Bodiaz36

So long Reggie Jackson, I hardly knew ye…

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

I’m going to wait to add in adjustments in bulk later as more news drops, but gut check is Mann is completely out of the picture and Jackson will see a large minutes/usage cut.

Agree. I still think Rudy is a steal on DK against Dallas though. On FD, I actually kind of like Zinger at PF as I am sure he will be told to try to rebound.

• Njsum1

@mpuntsch said...

Misery loves company ;)

Stop reading all the info…just make lineups. Identify value based on price, matchup and usage and then sprinkle in some gut feel plays. Use projections as a guide just so you don’t miss out on obvious value plays, yet don’t follow them explicitly.

Don’t listen to touts. They’re competing against you. While I don’t think most offer anything misleading, it wouldn’t shock me if they held back a bit.

Just make lineups on your own. You need to be a bit contrarian to get lineups into the top .01% and the “best way to be contrarian is to think for yourself.“

-quote from Jonathon Bales Here on RG many years ago.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).