7:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( -4 ) at Philadelphia ( 4 ) —- T: 203.5
    7:30 PM EST : Utah ( 6 ) at Boston ( -6 ) —- T: 201
    7:30 PM EST : Indiana ( 4.5 ) at Detroit ( -4.5 ) —- T: 202
    8:30 PM EST : Toronto ( 5.5 ) at San Antonio ( -5.5 ) —- T: 211.5
    8:30 PM EST : Washington ( 0 ) at Dallas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Miami ( 0 ) at Phoenix ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 0 ) at Denver ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 0 ) at LA Lakers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Dash

@Manyak said...

People overthink so many picks. I bet you most the people here that were laughing at Reeds attention will be like today “talk me out of Reed plz:(”

maybe, the people that were laughing, were on reed themselves, and they didn’t want anyone else on the reed train :)

• KindGuy

@chronoxiong said...

I fricken went on here the other night asking about who was playing Center when Reed was rotting on the bench. No one responded to me. I seriously wished I knew it was James Johnson who had no choice but to play small ball Center. But his injury status was not revealed until lineups locked so I seriously did not want to risk Willie Reed again. I seriously effed up for not following the sheep playing Dragic or Reggie Jackson though. I had McConnell locked in as one of my PGs for sure.

Same. I have to start following lineup tendencies more.

• DefinitelyMiami

@elementasrat said...

Where on that page does it say 2:17? If Reed and Haslem combined for 37 minutes where are the other 11 minutes coming from?

48 minute game -37 -2:17…… “where are the other 11 minutes coming from” he asks! LOL classic
    Umm Derrick Williams they also played small some Like I said the amount of time James Johnson plays at “Center” is nominal

• KindGuy

@DefinitelyMiami said...

Classic “playing the result”
    Spare us. Go look at his game logs Miami HEAT have played 36 games Reed has hit double digits in rebounds a whopping 2 times including last night. Said “elite rebounder” had a massive 2 whole rebounds vs Detroit

I really wish you were trolling because I don’t want to believe there are people in this world that are that stupid but alas, here we are.

• DefinitelyMiami

@elementasrat said...

I really wish you were trolling because I don’t want to believe there are people in this world that are that stupid but alas, here we are.

go ahead and enlighten me then. I’ve clearly laid out his pattern of performance…
    Now instead of playing the result, Tell me how many fantasy points Reed will have tonight. Make 2 predictions
    1 assuming James Johnson plays and 1 assuming James Johnson doesnt play.

/and try to do it without attempting to insult someone

He will fall back into 15 FP max but some of you make it seem like he is some sort of awesome basketball player who was just going to burst onto the scene if he only got more minutes. Congrats on his career high fantasy game but enough is enough

• damionismyname

@DefinitelyMiami said...

go ahead and enlighten me then. I’ve clearly laid out his pattern of performance…
    Now instead of playing the result, Tell me how many fantasy points Reed will have tonight. Make 2 predictions
    1 assuming James Johnson plays and 1 assuming James Johnson doesnt play.

/and try to do it without attempting to insult someone

He will fall back into 15 FP max but some of you make it seem like he is some sort of awesome basketball player who was just going to burst onto the scene if he only got more minutes. Congrats on his career high fantasy game but enough is enough

I already told you the deal and you didn’t listen. Dude has the potential to go off at anytime as per my reference to him playing with Brooklyn last year. Just stop trying to justify your ignorance with random stats and just admit tonight you were wrong. Tomorrow he may go for 20/20 or 10/5 and we wont know til tomorrow. I doubt he goes off again because of DMC but you never know. I’m sure tomorrow someone else will drop 50 out of nowhere also and ppl will say the same shit.

• DefinitelyMiami

@damionismyname said...

I already told you the deal and you didn’t listen. Dude has the potential to go off at anytime as per my reference to him playing with Brooklyn last year. Just stop trying to justify your ignorance with random stats and just admit tonight you were wrong. Tomorrow he may go for 20/20 or 10/5 and we wont know til tomorrow. I doubt he goes off again because of DMC but you never know. I’m sure tomorrow someone else will drop 50 out of nowhere also and ppl will say the same shit.

You are talking about Brooklyn and calling me ignorant? If he can “go off at any time” Why is this the first time in 36 games that its happened in a HEAT uniform? I’ll tell you why, its because he isnt that good and it was a fluke. But hey keep rostering him

EDIT:
    Since you want to wax poetic about Willies illustrious stint in BK….
    He Averaged 3.1 reb and 4.7 pts per game.

Scored double figures 6 times (never more than 14 points) He also had 7 rebounds in a game twice If that doesnt portend greatness I dont know what would amirite?

Yes sir, Mr Reed was destined for greatness

• Tammy409

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Wall is too much $.

Game theory wise we know he’ll be highly owned anyhow. I think not playing him is the play here

I didn’t read any of these posts yesterday, but I wouldn’t have guessed (due mainly to price and situational value at PG elsewhere) that he’d be highly-owned at all, and while that’s not why I played him (some), I was correct in that he was not at all highly owned. I believe full-slate in DK’s arcade, he was at roughly 5.5% (that to me is too chalky, but I’m a bit of a different breed), which to most people would be consider low, especially when people like McConnell and other ‘scrubbier’ folks at the position were owned in the twenties.

• Tammy409

@SkateFiend said...

He scored 22 points AND grabbed 18 rebounds, which was almost certainly a fluke, even against the Suns. Montrezl Harrell gets 30 minutes now and on most nights he’s a low end double double guy. He scored 29 points against the Clips and fell back to earth the very next game.

Reed owners got lucky. I don’t begrudge them for profiting by taking chances, but everyone chases minutes from supporting cast made temp starters. Someone who pays up for Dwight Howard in the upcoming slate may get around 45 DFS points.

People put lot of stock in players “hitting value” for some reason. If Willie Reed scores 20-25 DFS points the next game, you would be in trouble if the salary you “saved” did not go to the right players who would make up for the points you lost by not investing in a stud center like KAT.

I’m just seeing all this ‘”(player-popup)Willie Reed”:/players/willie-reed-16896’ stuff, and saw very late (after Midnight) that he’d had a good game. I was puzzled after playing him with Whiteside out SUnday and getting absolutely nothing out of him. He was off my radar completely yesterday despite my knowledge that Whiteside was again out. I was rostering Derek Williams and Richardson and Ellington, but with JJ and WInslow out, I just didn’t know what to make of Miami in general.

What kills me is:

1`) The false ‘Know it All’ bravado on here. Seems if I were one (I am NOT) to read articles or listen to podcasts, I’d have heard more ‘pumping’ of Reed, which had I read or heard it would likely have confirmed my decision to avoid him, as whether I agree or disagree with the tauts, I find in Gpp’s that ownership is driven by those who Tweet or Twert or generally do whatever they are told so it seems rather pointless to play anyone in any situation where he is to be owned by an abnormally large percentage of the field. I don’t care about ownership, I always roster Harden and RWB and those with sky-high ownership, but only because I need the points… I don’t claim to know anything about basketball and I don’t know anything about the guys I pick ever. I don’t brag about them. I don’t complain about them. I make fun of people for avoiding All-Stars simply because they had one bad game. That’s about it… This brings me to:

2). People and their “No Bogut, No Cash” or in this case “No Reed, No Cash” hilarity. (A case could be made here for the equally ludicrous notions of 3). “Fading Roberson” or “Fading McConnell” type nonsense… Too FUnny. I don’t know what ‘Fading’ really means, but to me it means deliberately betting on a ‘SLATE CHANGING’ (AGAIN: “SLATE CHANGING!!!”) player wrecking a large portion of the Dfs field via gross underperformance at such a high cost that a solid lineup is rendered impossible. Not playing a guy that costs like $6,000 or less is to me not ‘FADING”, but rather ‘Choosing someone else’… Willie Reed did not cost me a dime in salary nor in winnings last night, and had I not read something late and purely by chance on here, I’d still not know he even played in the game yesterday. I have to play Centers too. I played in roughly equal parts:

53.75 Pts KA Towns (6.5x)
    41.00 Pts M. Gortat (7x):
    32.50 Pts J. Nurkic)
    44.50 Pts J. Embid: (6x)
    58.50 Pts J. Randle: (9.5x)
    48.00 Pts A. Drumond:(7x)
    38.25 Pts N. Jokic: (6x)
    44.00 Pts L. Aldridge: (7x)
    36.25 Pts A. Horford (6.2 x)
    51.00 Pts D. Cousins (5x)
    23.75 Pts K. Olynyk (7x)
    35.75 Pts M. Turner (6x)
    29.75 Pts G. Dieng (5.5x)

I am fairly certain what Willie Reed did or didn’t do, how much he cost and how many people played him had absolutely NO IMPACT WHATSOEVER on my night. Did he return better $ or $ value than some of the Centers I did play (Absolutely. Most of them, if not all, but NOT in a ‘SLATE CHANGING’ fashion and not even close. I got burned by nobody at the position (had Val in one LU, but I think a freeroll). As the Poster (ABOVE) correctly states “if the salary you ‘saved’ did not go to the right players who made up for the points (IF YOU EVEN DID LOSE ANY) Lost by not investing in a stud center like KAT. “ So if I had gotten on this “”(player-popup)Willie Reed”:/players/willie-reed-16896” bandwagon, does that mean I roster Lowry instead of McConnell? Probably. Does that help. No at all. Bad picks cost me money. Not chasing rainbows does not. My Centers (and I played a bunch) were right on. Where I didn’t cash had ZERO to do with Willie Reed or anyone else that I never heard of. I played TJ Warren. I played Kyle Lowry. I played some guys that didn’t perform. Willie Reed or any other $4000 ‘Wunderkind”, even if he got 150 points, wouldn’t have helped. This is almost always true, but if you get like 12x from a guy, that usually helps conceal a few blemishes, but unless you get that on a guy that costs $8000 that nobody owns, it isn’t going to do a damned thing save for give the nutjobs on here who compete for point totals rather than dollars and cents … compete for some sort of queer braqging rights. Give me a 99-burger if that puts cash in my pocket. You can keep your 350’s if it took 350.1 to win any money.

I’m happy for those who did well last night. I think this whole Reed thing is absurd, and that’s just ‘Tammy’s Two-Cents’ this morning. Good Luck tonight All.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler