7:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( -4 ) at Philadelphia ( 4 ) —- T: 203.5
    7:30 PM EST : Utah ( 6 ) at Boston ( -6 ) —- T: 201
    7:30 PM EST : Indiana ( 4.5 ) at Detroit ( -4.5 ) —- T: 202
    8:30 PM EST : Toronto ( 5.5 ) at San Antonio ( -5.5 ) —- T: 211.5
    8:30 PM EST : Washington ( 0 ) at Dallas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Miami ( 0 ) at Phoenix ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 0 ) at Denver ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 0 ) at LA Lakers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• NESBears120

@frugal said...

Thomas may be low owned as some are swayed by the DvP, but he will be facing Mack and should be able to get his.

I normally play Thomas,but I don’t like him tonight 1) super slow pace 2) Utah has a very good rim protector 3) he will be very highly owned because of his last game

• HYU123

Trust me , No one on the raps can match aldridge size on the court. If aldridge doesnt pull that 5 shots bs then he should be good for 40+

• frugal

Lot’s of value on Yahoo today, tough not to go stud and scrub. In addition to the more talked about value plays, a few uber-value plays I’m looking at:

Dario Saric $10 – Hard to fade a guy at the min salary who’s played 25+ minutes in 4 of the last 5 games and averaged 27.1 YFP over the last 3.

Tony Parker $11 – He’s been destroying value of late averaging 28 YFP over the last 4 games.

Wayne Ellington $10 – He’s put together 3 solid games and will see extended minutes with Winslow out. Of note, he’s hit 4 3 pointers in 2 of his last 3 games and faces PHO who offers the 2nd highest opponent 3P%.

• walkoff9

@NESBears120 said...

I normally play Thomas,but I don’t like him tonight 1) super slow pace 2) Utah has a very good rim protector 3) he will be very highly owned because of his last game

This

Guys can be matchup proof, but other than bigs that can get tons of rebounds, you cant be pace proof.

• BUFUu2

A nice fade away from the obvious is Thomas robinson I know it is a hell of a stretch but he has been playing some real good ball lately

• lastcallcasualty

@xdan3220 said...

So he only double doubled in 20 minutes of play? Like I said earlier I wouldn’t read too much into that game, Sixers were on second half of back to back (though Embiid didn’t play game one), traveling to Minnesota, and nationally televised game I think Embiid was too hyped. Last year the first time the Sixers and Twolves met, Okafor absolutely put KAT in a body bag, but one game isn’t the be all end all

Well yea, he doubled doubled which is 20+ fantasy points which wont’ win you anything but you’re right. I wouldn’t look much into that last game.

• tmarohl

@HYU123 said...

Trust me , No one on the raps can match aldridge size on the court. If aldridge doesnt pull that 5 shots bs then he should be good for 40+

Time will tell, but I will have very little Aldridge tonight. With Kawhi back I think LMA is overpriced.

• lastcallcasualty

@Cooper08 said...

I ran a court iq and just as I thought not really any data to support Teague off and brooks in. I would think George usage would go way up. Young would also get a bump but i don’t like his matchup vs Det. Whether Teague plays or not I really like Drummond in this game. I think a 15/15 is a lock for him tonight. Drummond also has better splits at home by 7dk points.

Detroit has given up the most fantasy points to Power Forwards in the last 5 games

• walkoff9

LMA is the only “star” in the league that would have a game with 3 shot attempts. Guy just totally checks out of games from time to time. In any situation or matchup.

• NESBears120

@lastcallcasualty said...

Well yea, he doubled doubled which is 20+ fantasy points which wont’ win you anything but you’re right. I wouldn’t look much into that last game.

I just saw a report from fantasy labs twitter that said embiid will be limited to 28 minutes tonight

• sherm

Where do u find stats like this

• walkoff9

Dragic on track to play…

• xdan3220

@NESBears120 said...

I just saw a report from fantasy labs twitter that said embiid will be limited to 28 minutes tonight

He’s been limited to 28 minutes every night, if not less, he is a 1.4 fantasy point per minute player with upside, at 7,200 on FD he is definitely viable.

• JNZ

yea i dont trust LMA after he burned me on the night that was supposed to be a “must play”

• al3b3d3v

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Towns will be on Embiid no? He only put up 43 DKP in their last meeting as well… Gorgeous Dong will be on Ersan right? I’ll take Ersan all the way tonight and pair him with TJ

@Dirt_Lavert I doubt your scenario only because of what happened last time Minnesota played vs 76rs.
    Source — http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Timberwolves-vs-Sixers-at-a-glance-Jan-4.html
    “The matchup between Towns and Embiid never really materialized. Towns was paired up against Sixers power forwards for most of the game. Dieng and reserve Cole Aldrich defended Embiid and Sixers reserve center Jahlil Okafor mostly. Embiid faced Towns a handful of times.”

• bigkino217

@tmarohl said...

Time will tell, but I will have very little Aldridge tonight. With Kawhi back I think LMA is overpriced.

yea he was just 6.4k on DK a couple weeks ago. nothing has really changed with their roster, but now he’s 7.6k?

• zombiekopitar

James Johnson is now questionable. Well shit.

• zpa1989

@lastcallcasualty said...

Detroit has given up the most fantasy points to Power Forwards in the last 5 games

ever since leuer got the start at the 4 right?

• Conley85

Mavs beat writer says DWill went thru shootaround and should be a go tonight. FYI

• Fantasypoorboy

James Johnson not a shoot around per Sun Sentinel reporter Ira Winderman

• krighton

i have alot of johnson…and so begins another day of NBA

• gausman7

I actually like this slate. It takes some thiinking, but I think a balanced lineup wins tonight. When I am not chasing a monster I tend to do a lot better. Good/Bad slate really depends on how you approach lineup construction in my opinion. I typically use a balanced lineup and stay away from the $10k+ guys. This slate works well for that.

• zombiekopitar

@krighton said...

i have alot of johnson

Same here, at least that’s what my girlfriend says.

I was building around Curry & Johnson so time to tweak. Curry still could hit 5x but now it’s not a free square.

• keephustlincuz

The heat could be real thin for big men tonight.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler