7:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( -4 ) at Philadelphia ( 4 ) —- T: 203.5
    7:30 PM EST : Utah ( 6 ) at Boston ( -6 ) —- T: 201
    7:30 PM EST : Indiana ( 4.5 ) at Detroit ( -4.5 ) —- T: 202
    8:30 PM EST : Toronto ( 5.5 ) at San Antonio ( -5.5 ) —- T: 211.5
    8:30 PM EST : Washington ( 0 ) at Dallas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Miami ( 0 ) at Phoenix ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 0 ) at Denver ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 0 ) at LA Lakers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@NESBears120 said...

I just saw a report from fantasy labs twitter that said embiid will be limited to 28 minutes tonight

Lol

• NESBears120

@Monstee said...

Josh Richardson $12 – Last four games he has averaged 30 YFP and minutes in the mid 30’s.

Dragic is planning on playing tonight so his upside is goes down some

• zombiekopitar

@xdan3220 said...

100% avoid him. I was on here the other day saying to avoid him and to be honest I still stand by that. He had 29 fantasy points on FD, he hit 3 3-pointers in that game, he had only TAKEN 16 three pointers all season before that game. Take away those 9 points and he has a very pedestrian 20 fantasy points, now he faces a tougher matchup in Minnesota.

He is not 100% avoid, come on. He almost had a triple double starting a few weeks ago.
    However with adjusted price you have to think twice. Safer on DK for sure, a little less salary + 3pt and I think his floor is probably 20 tonight. Relatively safe, but it’s quite possible he’s not in the winning lineups tonight.

• xdan3220

@dopeshushi61 said...

I don’t actually agree with your argument here. McConnell isnt a come off the bench and first kind of guy, so when hes coming off the bench, hes looking to make plays, not shoot 3’s. When hes getting consistant minutes, he seems to be more comfortable getting in his rythm.

Huh? I don’t know what you mean come off the bench and first kind of guy. There is no scenario where he is looking to shoot. All 3 3’s that he hit against Denver were WIDE OPEN, like no Denver defender within 4 steps of him type 3’s. Minnesota isn’t a great defensive team but they aren’t going to have defensive lapses that bad. The offense just doesn’t go through him, also Henderson is back tonight he won’t play play 36 minutes again tonight.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@xdan3220 said...

Huh? I don’t know what you mean come off the bench and first kind of guy. There is no scenario where he is looking to shoot. All 3 3’s that he hit against Denver were WIDE OPEN, like no Denver defender within 4 steps of him type 3’s. Minnesota isn’t a great defensive team but they aren’t going to have defensive lapses that bad. The offense just doesn’t go through him, also Henderson is back tonight he won’t play play 36 minutes again tonight.

Lol dan you are not making sense. Henderson couldn’t play point if he wanted to. You might not like tj but he isn’t a bad play.

• Rrich68

@xdan3220 said...

100% avoid him. I was on here the other day saying to avoid him and to be honest I still stand by that. He had 29 fantasy points on FD, he hit 3 3-pointers in that game, he had only TAKEN 16 three pointers all season before that game. Take away those 9 points and he has a very pedestrian 20 fantasy points, now he faces a tougher matchup in Minnesota.

So you’re saying his usage went up with minutes and lack of other point guards? Shocking. It seems you are trying to hard to justify you’re thought. He is going to get more shots with more minutes and in good matchups he will make some. Sorry for being snark but I feel this happens too much in here. Have to look at the complete context. And also I don’t think rubio is that tough a matchup, especially if he doesn’t look to shoot first and get some assists.

• NESBears120

I really like Tobias Harris tonight

• monarch

Derrick Williams? What’s he averaging per minute?

• lastcallcasualty

@NESBears120 said...

I just saw a report from fantasy labs twitter that said embiid will be limited to 28 minutes tonight

He’s been on a 28 minute restriction for about 3 weeks now. Bumped up from 24 minutes.

• xdan3220

@zombiekopitar said...

He is not 100% avoid, come on. He almost had a triple double starting a few weeks ago.
    However with adjusted price you have to think twice. Safer on DK for sure, a little less salary + 3pt and I think his floor is probably 20 tonight. Relatively safe, but it’s quite possible he’s not in the winning lineups tonight.

Disagree that 20 is his floor. He has a floor of under 15 fantasy points, Henderson being back will hurt his minutes, Stauskas will run the point off the bench for extended stretches (he did for a stretch in the 2nd half against Utah when Rodriguez got hurt and for multiple stretches against Denver), overwhelming likely that he doesn’t hit any 3’s, him hitting 3 of them was a huge anomaly. At 4,600 on Fanduel he is a 100% avoid.

• zpa1989

ya im thinkin len could be a good idea against that depleted and undersized miami frontcourt. on a b2b, i think chandlers minutes could be reduced, i think he averages 5 less MPG on a second half of a b2b. but will they try and get bender or chriss more minutes? also tough with tj warren back in the mix taking up extra usage. anyone have a strong take on this situation?

• gim77us

@monarch said...

Derrick Williams? What’s he averaging per minute?

If you count the last 3 games he played it was 1.22 but he missed two games in between those. He’s a weird case, coach doesn’t seem to trust him but he plays hard while on the court

• bigkino217

@xdan3220 said...

Disagree that 20 is his floor. He has a floor of under 15 fantasy points, Henderson being back will hurt his minutes, Stauskas will run the point off the bench for extended stretches (he did for a stretch in the 2nd half against Utah when Rodriguez got hurt and for multiple stretches against Denver), overwhelming likely that he doesn’t hit any 3’s, him hitting 3 of them was a huge anomaly. At 4,600 on Fanduel he is a 100% avoid.

stauskas and henderson were both available for his first start and he still got 37 minutes. he’s the only active PG on the roster. stauskas isn’t going to play 20+ minutes at the point.

• dragon1952

I don’t usually play FD but I spent about 3 minutes making a LU last night for the free Basketballguys (FBG spin-off) contest and never went back to check/edit it. I got a 351 good for 5th out of 585 entries and $20. Obviously I wish I would have entered a “real” contest :^ /

• gmaloney34

Anyone concerned about Bledsoe/Warren on the b2b after each going 40+ min last night?

• dakimbell

@xdan3220 said...

Did pretty darn well against them at Minnesota as recently as November (24 mins/26.5 FP’s), no reason to think that will change since he is starting and getting extra minutes. He is $4600, pretty darn good play IMO, I’ll gladly plug and play.

• xdan3220

@Rrich68 said...

So you’re saying his usage went up with minutes and lack of other point guards? Shocking. It seems you are trying to hard to justify you’re thought. He is going to get more shots with more minutes and in good matchups he will make some. Sorry for being snark but I feel this happens too much in here. Have to look at the complete context. And also I don’t think rubio is that tough a matchup, especially if he doesn’t look to shoot first and get some assists.

Rubio has the best DRPM among starting PG’s on the slate tonight. It wasn’t increased usage, it was 3 wide open looks against Denver who gives up 110 points a game. The offense will overwhelmingly go through Embiid and Ersan with the 1st team offense. Just trying to help everyone avoid a big trap play, I watch all the Sixer’s games I’ll be very surprised if he hits value, much better PG options tonight.

• Stickman731

@ecprez34 said...

I live in Philly, JoJo was asked about the last game in Minnesota by a local reporter, his response… It’s payback time!!

KAT is from NJ and his family will be traveling down to Philly. Will it impact his play – he really does not exceed value playing near home.

• zpa1989

@xdan3220 said...

Just trying to help everyone avoid a big trap play, I watch all the Sixer’s games I’ll be very surprised if he hits value, much better PG options tonight.

sharp take. would you think tony parker is a good pivot? seems to be hitting value as of recent. i like the way my LU looks with a cheap value PG in there.

• erizos17

@xdan3220 said...

Rubio has the best DRPM among starting PG’s on the slate tonight. It wasn’t increased usage, it was 3 wide open looks against Denver who gives up 110 points a game. The offense will overwhelmingly go through Embiid and Ersan with the 1st team offense. Just trying to help everyone avoid a big trap play, I watch all the Sixer’s games I’ll be very surprised if he hits value, much better PG options tonight.

At 4300 on DK are there any better PG options? We all know there are better PG options tonight. Noone think he’s Stocton all of a sudden

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@xdan3220 said...

Oh you watched them. I’m sold. We are trying to help you as well.

• JNZ

@Supersharpie said...

Talk about recency bias! He has hit value four out of last five games including several 6x efforts. How many other players at his price point can you say that about?

yep and that was the same thing last time, hes bound to hit a dud soon. I’ll pass on him lol

• NESBears120

@xdan3220 said...

Didn’t McCollum just get Rubio benched because rubio couldn’t defend him

• xdan3220

@dakimbell said...

Did pretty darn well against them at Minnesota as recently as November (24 mins/26.5 FP’s), no reason to think that will change since he is starting and getting extra minutes. He is $4600, pretty darn good play IMO, I’ll gladly plug and play.

Check out the play by play of that game, he entered the game when the Sixers were down 95-70, with 6:36 left in the game from that point on he had:

Assist, turnover, layup, steal, assist, assist, rebound, assist, rebound, assist, rebound. Meaning that of the 26.5 fantasy points he had 14.1 of those fantasy points when the game was a blowout in 6 minutes of play.

• BPhillips44

Best heat value tonight? T.Johnson? Afraid to play Dragic with back spasms. Could see him being a late scratch.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler