• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Miami ( -1.5 ) at Orlando ( 1.5 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 11.5 ) at Boston ( -11.5 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Portland ( -5.5 ) at Washington ( 5.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 4.5 ) at Houston ( -4.5 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : New York ( 6.5 ) at Phoenix ( -6.5 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 10.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -10.5 ) —- T: 224

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• chrisbanas

Embiid is also dirt cheap on FD

• miggs6876

@Ace15 said...

Question about these satellites. How much does the top scores differ from a regular GPP. Scoreline typically much lower or the same in order to win?

Delete double post. Sorry

• miggs6876

I can say the free play is super hard to win. Have finish top 50 out of a potential 100k entries. The 3c one interest me because I can play a boat load of entries for almost nothing.

• tmarohl

@superjon said...

So you play 150 entries in a 0.25 satellite and win 4 or 5 tickets to a $9 GPP?

These were 3 cent satellites. 150 entry’s cost $4.50, won four or five a night, so either $36 or $45 in GPP tickets.

• tmarohl

@miggs6876 said...

I can the free play is super hard to win. Have finish top 50 out of a potential 100k entries. The 3c one interest me because I can play a boat load of entries for almost nothing.

Problem is they don’t seem to be running it anymore.

• miggs6876

@tmarohl said...

Problem is they don’t seem to be running it anymore.

They are. I won yesterday and entered one for tonight.

• Bodiaz36

2 guys on FD that stand out to me are Barrett and Horford. Both have been playing like crap as of late, but their prices seem egregiously low. I think both have decent, paced up matchups too. Am I reaching??

• miggs6876

@tmarohl said...

These were 3 cent satellites. 150 entry’s cost $4.50, won four or five a night, so either $36 or $45 in GPP tickets.

Great investment. I almost always play the.25c gpp. I root for you to win when I see your name up there. Seems like you do pretty well there.

• tmarohl

@miggs6876 said...

They are. I won yesterday and entered one for tonight.

No, they are doing the free play one. I meant they are not doing the three cent satellites where you could max enter for $4.50

• miggs6876

@Bodiaz36 said...

2 guys on FD that stand out to me are Barrett and Horford. Both have been playing like crap as of late, but their prices seem egregiously low. I think both have decent, paced up matchups too. Am I reaching??

Yes but that’s how you take down a big prize.

• dominicanpapi

The question tonight is how many Celtics? Quick thoughts so far:

Smart doesn’t correlate well with anybody. But he’s cheap, but he’ll be chalk. Smart chalk day almost never works out.

Theis and Kanter correlate well with Brown, Tatum and Hayward. But you can’t play Theis and Kanter together.

Brown and Tatum correlate well with each other (although it seems like one goes off and the other doesn’t).

Hayward correlates well with the bigs.

Hayward and Brown are SF eligible on FD and I want to play Lebron as well. I prefer Hayward because of the peripheral upside, he’s probably going to become the defacto point guard now that Walker is out.

• miggs6876

My head is telling me to load up on Portland tonight. Some combo of Dam, CJM, Whiteside, and Melo. Possible Base. Run it back with a wizard or 2.

• tmarohl

@miggs6876 said...

Great investment. I almost always play the.25c gpp. I root for you to win when I see your name up there. Seems like you do pretty well there.

To me that 25 cent fadeaway is nice. I can max enter it for 37.50. Real bad night lose 10 bucks. Bad night lose 5 bucks. Below average night break even. Average night win 10 bucks. Typical night win 20 bucks. Above average night win 100 bucks or so. Great night win about 7 hundred to 1 thousand. Which seems to happen two or three times a season in that contest. I max enter it daily.

• miggs6876

Also, it’s hard not to like guts from the Laker/NO game.

• Ace15

@tmarohl said...

To me that 25 cent fadeaway is nice. I can max enter it for 37.50. Real bad night lose 10 bucks. Bad night lose 5 bucks. Below average night break even. Average night win 10 bucks. Typical night win 20 bucks. Above average night win 100 bucks or so. Great night win about 7 hundred to 1 thousand. Which seems to happen two or three times a season in that contest. I max enter it daily.

I want to do that as well, but it would make me sick if I didn’t enter the 100K/50K. I guess that anxiety prevents me from playing the .25C fadeaway or contest similar like that. Granted I’m not max entering the 100K/50K, but still…guess it’s all about tolerance and BR management.

• miggs6876

@tmarohl said...

👍

• Bodiaz36

@tmarohl, when you mass enter the 25 cent fadeaway, how many lu’s do you typically build each night? I’m thinking of doing the same

• telestraightshooter

I reject the Glass Revenge narrative

• “published” meta metrics research shows AllStars caliber players usually don’t move the needle in a revenge/ “familiar w/ shooting background” narrative
    • non allStars -sometimes
    • The Glass ceiling is 45.25 last 4 games

• tmarohl

@Ace15 said...

I want to do that as well, but it would make me sick if I didn’t enter the 100K/50K. I guess that anxiety prevents me from playing the .25C fadeaway or contest similar like that. Granted I’m not max entering the 100K/50K, but still…guess it’s all about tolerance and BR management.

I typically hand build about 10 lineups a day on FD for the 100K/50K tournaments.

I treat the 25C Fadeaway as almost a bankroll builder. I don’t give a lot of thought to it. Just run LineupHQ with a few setting and projection adjustments and roll with what it spits out. I have a much more diversified player pool as I don’t delete any players, but just set overall exposure limits. Doesn’t matter who busts or goes off as I will likely have enough combinations of players that didn’t bust, and ones that go off. Many nights I will lose on 8 or 9 of those bigger dollar entry’s, but break even or make a profit because of the money I made on the max entry fadeaway. If I could afford to do the same thing and max enter the $7 – $10 tournaments, I would.

• tmarohl

@Bodiaz36 said...

@tmarohl, when you mass enter the 25 cent fadeaway, how many lu’s do you typically build each night? I’m thinking of doing the same

• axman15

Who’s everyones favourite low priced C on DK? I’m looking at Javale, Theis, and Portis right now.

• Man its tough to justify paying up for blazers, but i think i might, vegas has the line closer then i would expect, however that game could get ugly fast.

• rexjred1

@Ace15 said...

Whiteside, Capela, Robinson, Kanter for me. Whiteside can legit get 50 in 1 half.

Jake the snake

• Ace15

@tmarohl said...

I typically hand build about 10 lineups a day on FD for the 100K/50K tournaments.

Yeah, might give this a shot too. Usually play around 10-20 LU’s in the 50K100K. Might just start maxing the 25C utilizing optimizer with my tweaks. See how it goes.

• Man I don’t ever play JJ Redick but he’s 3400 on DK. Can easily 8-10 x that price.

Oubre, Jr and Randle both been red hot lately. Like both those guys.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).