• Blogger of the Month

5:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -16.5 ) at Philadelphia ( 16.5 ) —- T: 217.5
    6:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 7.5 ) at Toronto ( -7.5 ) —- T: 204
    7:00 PM EST : Denver ( 8 ) at Indiana ( -8 ) —- T: 208.5
    7:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 0 ) at New Orleans ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 2.5 ) at Memphis ( -2.5 ) —- T: 203.5
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 3 ) at Houston ( -3 ) —- T: 218.5
    8:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( -2.5 ) at Cleveland ( 2.5 ) —- T: 205.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• rebkell

It took 295 to cash on the quarter arcade tonight, that’s about as high as I’ve seen or remember on the main quarter arcade.

JB Bickerstaff is gonna get fined big time, he went off on the refs and he didn’t let up in the post game press conference, he ripped them a new one.

• hellraiser2600

I want to thank the group for all your helpful advice while I’ve transitioned from NFL to NBA. I’ve been lurking for a few weeks now but after tonight I had to post a thank you. What a great night!

https://www.fanduel.com/games/14566/contests/14566-22343779/entries/402546825/scoring

https://www.fanduel.com/games/14566/contests/14566-22308069/entries/401772275/scoring

• KRD227

Kept going back and forth between Gasol and Lopez on FD. Went with Gasol in cash games and Lopez in the majority of my GPPs. Cashed in all but 3 cash games (out of a couple hundred) and squeaked by in GPPs minimum cashing in the Lopez lineups. Did well in late night too. Wall really saved me, I thought I was done in cash games after Lopez went off and even survived Nene getting tossed

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@SkateFiend said...

Ir seems like some of the studs are back to being more consistently dominant again. Most of the top LUs have at least James Harden. They generally also have Monta Ellis and / or Ryan Anderson.

I had some good lineups out there, but even if I switched out players like George Hill with Monta Ellis, I still would have missed cash line. Harden posted 70 plus DFS points and I just couldn’t beat the lineups that had him.

“Without player X, you lose” – that seems to be theme recently.

But since beard doesn’t tell anyone in advance if and when he…. “feels like he wants to play”…. SMH

• kiarahataly

326 and I took down my first (small) GPP with it, the late 4K Layup, and placed second in the late 6K and One. Turned $3 into $700. So stoked!

• ofenomeno

@DFSNewbie said...

I don’t get why LeBron was only owned 20% in my GPP? I know Harden, Wall and Lopez were better plays but seems like a lot of people didn’t have any exposure to him at all

The defense of Kawhi. Lebron did well, i had him in all but 2 lineups because i figured people would stay away from him.
    edit: did not expect the spurs to get killed again though

• ofenomeno

@kiarahataly said...

326 and I took down my first (small) GPP with it, the late 4K Layup, and placed second in the late 6K and One. Turned $3 into $700. So stoked!

Nice, congrats!

• tonytone1908

@mellofellowsu said...

Yeah, and people forgot to sub him out when Brow was ruled active. Never knew negligence could pay off so handsomely.

If someone comes on here and says how they won a lot of money and their research told them that Anderson was still going to beast I’ll lose it.

I was at work so no chance to swap Anderson out if I wanted to but I would have left him in anyways. AD could have played 5 minutes and got concussion symptoms or something. He could have easily gotten hurt again too. I also figured with how well he did last game why not keep using what’s working. Also thought AD could possibly get limited minutes which obviously he didn’t.

Amazing how AD, Anderson, and Brolo all had great nights and Thad’s score wasn’t terrible either. Were they the only ones playing?

• IronMonkey415

$700 is a good chunk of change…Good win.

• beastdog325

@munco said...

Some monster games…
    Harden with the 70 burger
    Lopez with the 60 burger
    Monta with the 50 burger
    Wall with the 50 burger
    Ryan Anderson almost hit 50 (wish I hadn’t taken him out of half my lineups)

SASQUATCH with the hairy burger….not tasty

• beastdog325

@kiarahataly said...

Nice win , man.

• chronoxiong

@KRD227 said...

Kept going back and forth between Gasol and Lopez on FD. Went with Gasol in cash games and Lopez in the majority of my GPPs. Cashed in all but 3 cash games (out of a couple hundred) and squeaked by in GPPs minimum cashing in the Lopez lineups. Did well in late night too. Wall really saved me, I thought I was done in cash games after Lopez went off and even survived Nene getting tossed

At least your lineup is different from mine this time. Still have the same core though. Looks like Tony Allen was the difference maker between me cashing in GPPs. He didn’t do anything in the 4th quarter. I originally had Ryan Anderson as my main PF but with Unibrow being announced back, I took him out for Thad Young. That was costly too but I still thought that was the most logical decision to make. However, logic continues to be defy this season. Jordan Hill? You got to be kidding me. The Pacers have been reluctant to play Jordan Hill more than 30 mins all season. Not only that, he usually hovers around the 20 fdp range. Those who played Jordan Hill got lucky tonight. That’s all I got to say. Had he not beasted, it would’ve been us Brook Lopez owners who got to benefit for paying up for a Center. Anyways, all I won tonight were just my 50/50s and double ups. No GPP cash at all as I fell a few points short.

• TheRealJosh5

I almost switched out Ellis for Barton…

• mellofellowsu

@chronoxiong said...

Those who played Jordan Hill got lucky tonight. That’s all I got to say.

Definitely not luck. Have a look at his point per minute logs. He’s pretty consistent. If he gets the minutes (and stays out of foul trouble) he’s productive.

Ryan Anderson was luck. Jordan Hill not so much.

• harrythebullyt

@moshei24 said...

I’m not really sure why anyone still bothers with DK double ups. They’re filled with sharks throwing in hundreds of entries. Notice how high the ownership of Hill was? He was less than 10% owned in GPPs. Why? Because the people playing DFS for a living are home right before lock, so they made the change pretty easily. Same thing with Ryan Anderson who was owned by less than 5% in double ups and 20%+ in GPPs. If you want to play double ups on DK, play in the small ones or skip it.

I’m not sure why so many pile cash into tournaments. I played 7 days this week… all double-ups… evening slates only… 178 entries… my ROI was 142% for the week. The week before 196%… the week before that 151% and on and on. The win all or nothing tournaments are a loosing proposition… 95% luck. I’m not bragging, it’s just simple math.

• Lumphrey

329 and 328 to even cash at minimum tonight…big scores all around…

• irab63

Pretty excited I finally got over 300 for the first time. Although I wish 348 would have brought more than a few triple ups and bubble money on the GPPs.

• kiarahataly

Thanks y’all. Jeff Green, Harden & Gasol came to PLAY!

• priceisrite

The scores are getting silly. Earlier this week 314 whiffed in cash games… Took about 317 to cash. . Tonight, I lose money again in 50/50s scoring 312. This is rough.

• marino4ever

Can anyone explain Ryan Anderson tonight? I didn’t see the game. Usually, he’s good to pop off when Davis isn’t playing. When Davis is playing, he never has consistent points. Or maybe it’s Tyreke and his ball hogging? W/o Tyreke, does Anderson’s usage spike drastically?

I had Anderson in everything prior to the news that Davis was back. Removed him from everything. Lost any chance of winning a GPP w/o him, despite a couple of 300+ point scoring teams that finished in the 400-600 range (Are you kidding?). He was 48% owned in yahoo, so did I miss something? I just need some kind of explanation. What did I miss?

• treytito

Hey guys, where can I look up the winners to last night’s GPP’s?? I forgot to entire my lineup in one and dropped 346..I was curious to see how I would’ve done

• Whacko

What really sucks is tonight really shown to me that as of late my approach in my gpp lu construction is flawed. Over thinking about ownership outlooks affected my plays..
    Fading harden and Lopez decimated any chance to cash.
    Basically instead of using a solid core, I went off the reservation getting too cute with trying to get low ownership.
    I feel that Sunday won’t be like tonight where the scores required to cash were so high.

• TheRealJosh5

@treytito said...

Hey guys, where can I look up the winners to last night’s GPP’s?? I forgot to entire my lineup in one and dropped 346..I was curious to see how I would’ve done

dfs gold dot come

• marino4ever

@treytito said...

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/daily-fantasy-tournament-links-saturday-january-30th-1141600

All the links you need.

• Whacko

@treytito said...

The sharpie was 389

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).