• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -10 ) at Cleveland ( 10 ) —- T: 220.5
    7:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 4 ) at Washington ( -4 ) —- T: 227.5
    7:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -7.5 ) at Atlanta ( 7.5 ) —- T: 228
    8:00 PM EST : Golden State ( 13.5 ) at Boston ( -13.5 ) —- T: 217
    10:30 PM EST : Utah ( 1.5 ) at Denver ( -1.5 ) —- T: 215.5
    10:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 11.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -11.5 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• dominicanpapi

@JSteele said...

Conley’s been back for about 2 weeks now. That might capture 1 game

.91 fp/min on FD, .99 fp/min on DK from 12/4-1/16 (when Conley was out). He’s 4900 on both sites I believe, it’s value…and he’s going to get 30+ minutes tonight. Denver’s defensive rating is at 16 since Murray has gone down, so it’s not the stout defense it was earlier.

Edit: I do SE and 3 Max…I’ll have Jingles in one lineup. I’d rather play Troy Brown on FD though, better game environment and I can just play Mitchell at shooting guard to get exposure to that game.

• bshrader

Anybody on PJ Wash as a decent value play at 5.4k in cash? Or would you rather pivot elsewhere, say Huerter?

• JSteele

@theIrrigator said...

I think your a little light on that Mudiay projection. You must weigh revenge as heavy as I do lol

He’s just over a FPPM for his career against Denver, but I don’t think he sees too many minutes today. I feel like tanking teams are more likely to give revenge players more minutes, but this game has playoff implications

• DarthPasta

@JSteele said...

Kemba is a fine play, he’s capable of going off still. The only downside of Kemba is Kyle Lowry is right around the same price and is a potential all star snub

That’s what I’m thinking. It’s always hard to pick which Celtic is going to go off (which as a Celtics fan I don’t mind from a purely basketball standpoint), so I’m wondering if my bias is showing too much on this slate. I like pairing Lowry and Rozier together.

• dcsports21

My player pool as of now on FD:

PG: Simmons, Lowry, Rozier, Kemba
    SG: Beal, Graham, VanVleet
    SF: T. Harris, T. Brown, M. Bridges
    PF: Ibaka, Bertans, Theis
    C: Embiid, Bryant, Zeller

• bshrader

@DarthPasta said...

That’s what I’m thinking. It’s always hard to pick which Celtic is going to go off (which as a Celtics fan I don’t mind from a purely basketball standpoint), so I’m wondering if my bias is showing too much on this slate. I like pairing Lowry and Rozier together.

With this in mind, Fox or Lowry??

• kahlilgedin

@Njsum1 said...

You’ve missed the last page of posts…it’s apparently Australian Heritage night in Denver.

#IngleBellRock

i’m so confused by this I don’t know where to begin.

how do you end up in denver from Australia?
    will there be kangaroos jumping around the arena?
    why would you move from an average 60 F weather to 30F?

can someone help me out ah’

• frugal

@JSteele said...

Conley’s been back for about 2 weeks now. That might capture 1 game

Conley’s been back off the bench playing less than 20 minutes in all but 1 game without significant minutes overlap with Ingles. In other words Ingles role hasn’t changed much at all with Conley back as Conley is playing a far different and reduced role than early in the season.

• kahlilgedin

@dcsports21 said...

solid logo… oh and solid plays

• bshrader

@kahlilgedin said...

For the right amount of money, I’ll move to Botswana. (No offense meant to Botswanians…or Botswanites)

• mbunner23

How is it damn near February and Utah/Denver haven’t played yet?

• Ace15

Damn I want some MPJ. Don’t think UTA second unit will be able to handle him tonight. Could easily 20-10 and will be low -owned as well. Gobert can’t play the whole game and will be banging with Joker all game. MPJ could be sneaky pivot off IBAKA.

• kahlilgedin

@frugal said...

Conley’s been back off the bench playing less than 20 minutes in all but 1 game without significant minutes overlap with Ingles. In other words Ingles role hasn’t changed much at all with Conley back as Conley is playing a far different and reduced role than early in the season.

Also Conley is thinking too much, not letting the game come to him. He’s made a lot of bad passes and hasn’t moved the offense too well. Hopefully with more playing time he will get better. But I don’t think much will change anytime soon. he has accepted his role as a bench player and a mentor to the younger guys

• JSteele

@frugal said...

You might think it doesn’t affect him but it does. Ingles goes from 0.78 FPPM to 0.91 FPPM when Conley is out. This implies he is more involved on offense when Conley isn’t there.

• DarthPasta

Any love for OG? Doesn’t he start when Gasol is out? Maybe a cheaper pivot from Bridges, Ingles…

• JSteele

@DarthPasta said...

Any love for OG? Doesn’t he start when Gasol is out? Maybe a cheaper pivot from Bridges, Ingles…

OG normally starts doesn’t he?

• Njsum1

@kahlilgedin said...

1)
    A. plane
    B. Boat to Car/motorcycle/truck/horse/bicycle/hot air ballon/blimp/plane/foot/unicycle

2) Hopefully

3) love of skiing 🤷‍♂️

• vick325

Ingles/Mitchell or dlo/bridges?

• frugal

@JSteele said...

You might think it doesn’t affect him but it does. Ingles goes from 0.78 FPPM to 0.91 FPPM when Conley is out. This implies he is more involved on offense when Conley isn’t there.

This is exactly the type of incorrect assumption I was pointing to with optimizers in making projections without full understanding of player roles. If you look at the whole season Ingles is a great play with Conley out. However, you have to take into account that Conley was starting and running the offense though 12/2. Conley coming back absolutely can not have had a significant impact on Ingles as early on as they play the majority of their minutes separately. In other words, if you thought Ingles was a great play tonight before the Conley news, lock him in. But that news really should have much bearing at all on whether he’s a good play as Conley’s current role over the last 6 games is a backup PG playing fairly limited minutes.

• frugal

Regarding Ingles, when looking at his production since 12/2 the date Conley first got hurt using CourtIQ, all players in 17.5% usage 1.15 FPPM. Mike Conley off 17.8% usage .97 FPPM.

• JSteele

I see what you are saying and it makes sense. Still I think he’s a solid play considering his history against Denver and the fact that Conley is out will only help him solidify his minutes. Both Conley and Ingles overlapped for about 26 minutes in the last two weeks, so it shouldn’t really have that much effect

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

All I know about Ingles is this

12/4 to 1/16- 20 games. Ingles went over 30 fantasy points 14 times. Over 35 9 times Over 40 4 times.

W/ Conley, 27 games games, went over 30 fantasy points 5 times. Over 35 just 1 time. Over 40 zero times.

Whatever CourtIQ, or the numbers tell you, these numbers speak volumes.

Maybe it was just a hot stretch. I don’t know. His usage was regularly in the low to mid-20’s with Conley out and in the teens with Conley in.

• gaelicgirl

@dcsports21 said...

Should get to sleep on time!

• Ace15

I feel really good about today’s slate. Please no late breaking news! Bold call of the day, 100% fade on Bertans. Bertans is going busto. MPJ outscores Bertans.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

@JSteele said...

He’s just over a FPPM for his career against Denver, but I don’t think he sees too many minutes today. I feel like tanking teams are more likely to give revenge players more minutes, but this game has playoff implications

He should play Conley’s mins

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).