• Blogger of the Month

3:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 5.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -5.5 ) —- T: 203.5
    6:00 PM EST : Boston ( -4.5 ) at Orlando ( 4.5 ) —- T: 204.5
    6:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 0 ) at Miami ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 11 ) at Dallas ( -11 ) —- T: 201.5
    7:30 PM EST : Golden State ( -10.5 ) at New York ( 10.5 ) —- T: 216.5
    9:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 7 ) at Portland ( -7 ) —- T: 209.5
    9:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 0 ) at LA Lakers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• celtics69

Great job. So hard to win. I had 351 last night and was happy with getting $15 back on a $5 entry. You must be on cloud 9.

• zpa1989

@atlalien said...

Hill was 4K. You could have played both and had the roster flexability to pay up elsewhere. In terms of price, Hill did have upside if his minutes were going to be stable. 6x value was only 24 points for him. Instead of comparing him to Turner it’s easier to compare him to the other 4K players. Cole, Brewer, Thompson, J.Smith etc.

how? only played 20 minutes when mahinmi was out of the lineup against the suns and 16 against the warriors. had a solid game against sac yes but what indicated that he would get minutes last night? since even with mahinmi out, he wasn’t getting them consistently. lopez and jokic far superior plays. its one thing on DK to throw him into your UTL spot but on fanduel no way im playing hill with his sketchy minutes over lopez or jokic, no way

• Mrm2010

Consensis today is MKG. I like him as well but for about the same price, I like Turner and he has been playing well. Also, anyone like M Williams today. He is about the same price and playing well also. Just getting too many CHA players in my LU. Would like the group’s thoughts.

• nrgreve

@zpa1989 said...

ok, i get it. but there is just no way you could argue hill offers the same type of upside that turner does. hill had not been producing even with mahinmi out of the lineup. i feel like that hill game was an anomaly. for me, it makes sense to play the guy with more upside even if its chalk and just differentiate elsewhere.

Hill is not a bad player. He’s had his moments this year if you look at the whole year rather than just the last few weeks. Solid scorer and rebounder throughout his career.

• coach232

• Blogger of the Month

Cavs gonna be hot now that they are playing at a higher pace. looks like they made the right decision on Blatt.

• zpa1989

@nrgreve said...

Hill is not a bad player. He’s had his moments this year if you look at the whole year rather than just the last few weeks. Solid scorer and rebounder throughout his career.

ya hes ok i seen him play before, was solid on the lakers but what im saying is that even with mahinmi out, his minutes have not been consistent. had that good game against sac yes but diddn’t see much floor time against suns and warriors. i think it boils down to the matchups, and if they go small with allen or turner at center and george at the 4, which leaves hill out of the game for the most part. i guess you just have to guess how the teams will matchup

• celtics69

Dieng

• atlalien

@zpa1989 said...

how? only played 20 minutes when mahinmi was out of the lineup against the suns and 16 against the warriors. had a solid game against sac yes but what indicated that he would get minutes last night? since even with mahinmi out, he wasn’t getting them consistently. lopez and jokic far superior plays. its one thing on DK to throw him into your UTL spot but on fanduel no way im playing hill with his sketchy minutes over lopez or jokic, no way

I played Lopez. Lol

• zpa1989

@atlalien said...

I played Lopez. Lol

me too. fantastic play. i play him over hill all day every day. i play fanduel so you have to pick one center. what im saying is that its crazy to think that you had to fade a 60 burger from lopez to win last night.

• WuChef1986

All over Smart (again)

he put up 33 against Orlando on the 29th in 28 minutes ,and has over 30 FP in 3/4 games
    Pairing him with Chef

All the Plumlee

• harrythebullyt

Holiday
    Ellington
    Ariza
    Aldridge
    Turner
    Harden
    Hill
    Lopez

This cashed in the top 25% in all 31 Double-Ups I entered yesterday. I’m a one-lineup-a-day kind of guy!

• nrgreve

@zpa1989 said...

ya hes ok i seen him play before, was solid on the lakers but what im saying is that even with mahinmi out, his minutes have not been consistent. had that good game against sac yes but diddn’t see much floor time against suns and warriors. i think it boils down to the matchups, and if they go small with allen or turner at center and george at the 4, which leaves hill out of the game for the most part. i guess you just have to guess how the teams will matchup

Most people thought the same thing as you, he was owned in less than 10% of teams in the tournaments I was in. Nothing to get mad over this stuff happens all the time in dfs

• jimmyd1507

@zpa1989 said...

explain more, ive never heard of that. you really think on fanduel with one center it made sense to play jordan hill over jokic or even lopez? hill hasn’t done 40 all year and has done nothing even with mahinmi out!

Yea, I played Jordan Hill.

He was cheap and produces when he gets minutes. He hasn’t lately, but I haven’t forgotten what he did at the beginning of the season.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

Why is everyone posting lineups from yesterday. Enough already.

• baseballislife93

Anybody else play Dwight Howard back to back days
    Nice having him ejected
    Cost me big money yest

• superbuckwild

• Blogger of the Month

Yet again I found myself going to the Paul George well and coming back dry! I had a couple of lines with Ellis harden brolo and wall and they still didn’t cash! None of my punts worked out for me last night

• zpa1989

also hill had 6 blocked shots. out of character for him. season high, could even be a career high. just a fluky, random outcome. but hey its dfs happens nice when you have that guy. i had lou williams in his big blow up game this year. lavine’s 40 burger the other night. picked thornton when he hit 10x against the clips few weeks ago. nice when you nail it.

• TheRealJosh5

@atlalien said...

Dieng or Towns today on Fanduel?

I have shares of both, but heavy on Towns.

• coach232

• Blogger of the Month

@jimmyd1507 said...

Yea, I played Jordan Hill.

He was cheap and produces when he gets minutes. He hasn’t lately, but I haven’t forgotten what he did at the beginning of the season.

Bingo

• Whacko

The question was raised why I am looking at Gerald Henderson simple fact for me is that he should be lowly owned, with the potential to have 21 minutes plus.
    He is a Punt therefore if he Hits value so be it, but if he manages 7x that’s butter…

• ejr0680

Anybody else like Gorgui Dieng? tonight for DK cash game

• CantCatchABreak99

@zpa1989 said...

also hill had 6 blocked shots. out of character for him. season high, could even be a career high. just a fluky, random outcome. but hey its dfs happens nice when you have that guy. i had lou williams in his big blow up game this year. lavine’s 40 burger the other night. picked thornton when he hit 10x against the clips few weeks ago. nice when you nail it.

So here’s thing. Yes, it was somewhat of a risk to play Jordan Hill over Lopez. BUT, if you want to win a GPP you must take some of those risks. And that’s the bottom line. It doesn’t always make sense.

• badlands92

I’m with ZPA 100%. For those who played Hill, congrats. For those who played him as some “no brainer” on FD (with only one center option)…uh huh. He very well could’ve clogged the C position with a 22 fpts performance.

Some people like to take anomaly games and run with them as if they performed some DFS wizardry. Taking Hill on DK in a puntish move probably made good sense. Taking him on FD was nothing more than some good luck (which of course is half the battle).

• DirkDigglerz

If Garnett is out all in for Dieng and KAT

• intimadator2007

@CantCatchABreak99 said...

So here’s thing. Yes, it was somewhat of a risk to play Jordan Hill over Lopez. BUT, if you want to win a GPP you must take some of those risks. And that’s the bottom line. It doesn’t always make sense.

Almost every night I look at the winners LU and think WTF was he thinking while the winners are stacking cash. You have to be bold with GPP Lu’s not stupid but bold.

Loving some Dieng tonight and all aboard the MKG train.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).