• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 2 ) at Detroit ( -2 ) —- T: 208.5
    7:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 3 ) at Orlando ( -3 ) —- T: 210
    8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 2.5 ) at Toronto ( -2.5 ) —- T: 229
    8:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 7.5 ) at San Antonio ( -7.5 ) —- T: 227
    10:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 9.5 ) at Golden State ( -9.5 ) —- T: 241
    10:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 0 ) at LA Clippers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• wafic

@chrisbanas said...

Anyone love the sneaky Zubac play?

I like Zubac if he’s starting.

• captainwacky

@moosedrool said...

I hope so too. I like Finney- Smith and Brunson. That’s about it for me.

I like those two and powell most… I’m mixing in the other 3 guys that I like a little here and there. Don’t really wanna have Barnes more than a few shares, though he actually is a scary fade if they somehow keep it competitive.

• Ace15

@moosedrool said...

I hope so too. I like Finney- Smith and Brunson. That’s about it for me.

Yes me too!

• DC2380

@underdawgs said...

Hardaway and Lee were bloated contracts the knicks didn’t need, especially Hardaway. The knicks overpaid him by $20mm when they got into the fake bidding war with Atlanta a few years back and it was humiliating for them.
    Getting the 1st rounder from Dallas is the key here, I don’t see a way where DAJ and Wes are even on the knicks roster in a month from now. And yes it’s a shame they couldn’t shed Kanter too but that problem resolves itself soon anyway as an expiring contract.
    The bigger problem is that the only thing I have confidence in (as a New Yorker and NYK fan) is that Jim Dolan will absolutely find a way to continue ruining the franchise for the foreseeable.
    What’s our future core, DSJ / Trier / Dotson / Mitch Robinson? No offense to any of those guys but… yuck. That’s not a competitive core.
    And THIS is why we play DFS

Yeah getting that protected first round draft pick is very key. I wouldn’t give up just yet if you are knicks fan. Sheding THJ and Lee was big in this trade….

• monarch

@Ace15 said...

I hope everyone flocks to Mavs value. I honestly only see 2 really good plays…other than that no way.

Maxi quad double tonight

• captainwacky

Powell carries a reasonable bust rate, but I also think he carries the highest ceiling of all the mavs value should he avoid foul trouble.

• captainwacky

(which I know isn’t easy against blake/drumm… but still could happen)

• mr_papageorgio

@chrisbanas said...

Anyone love the sneaky Zubac play?

Was just looking at pairing him with Rondo. He seems a bit too expensive on DK but lately everytime I say that about someone they go 9x lol

• Nmj4786

@captainwacky said...

(which I know isn’t easy against blake/drumm… but still could happen)

I’ve always loved backup centers against the pistons so I’m not sure what to make of it now

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

On the other hand, I can’t believe we just traded a bag of donuts for Porzingas!

I agree. Don’t even know why Dallas would want Porzingus. He is strictly a function of the largest media market in the US, playing on a bad team, and now coming off an ACL. I have always thought Porzingus was a hype.

• frugal

@Ace15 said...

I hope everyone flocks to Mavs value. I honestly only see 2 really good plays…other than that no way.

You’re not seeing it correctly. If Doncic sits, unless the Mavs had time to recall their G league players up, they’re going to have 9 active bodies 2 of which are old vets who play more limited minutes that they aren’t going to push in a meaningless B2B. They could run a 7 man rotation tonight.

• moosedrool

Got to clear my head of this Mavs v Pis game. Anyone need a cold 79 ouncer?

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Please don’t over estimate the Pistons. They’re not a good team. The Mavs played last night, but most the guys getting heavy burn tonight did not last night. Also do not under estimate the drive of a player getting their chance to step up. NBA players step up. We’ve seen it twice recently with the Pels. Granted no one as good as Jrue will be suiting up for the Mavs tonight, but the Pistons also aren’t the Rockets or Nuggets.

Powell, Brunson, Kleber and Barnes, yes Barnes too could all easily 10x their salary tonight. DFS is probably more likely to peak out at 30, but that’s a pretty nice return too.

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

I won’t be shocked to see Jordan bought out and signing a vet min with Boston.

On my way home today I heard a report that Durant and DeAndre are really good friends, and this could be a move to get Durant to New York.

• underdawgs

Rotogrinders Alert: Dallas Mavericks have begged Caron Butler and DeShawn Stevenson to please suit up so they can field a roster tonight. Maybe even Shaun Marion and Jason Terry

• Kmasonbx

@frugal said...

You’re not seeing it correctly. If Doncic sits, unless the Mavs had time to recall their G league players up, they’re going to have 9 active bodies 2 of which are old vets who play more limited minutes that they aren’t going to push in a meaningless B2B. They could run a 7 man rotation tonight.

This will be one of those situations where people overthink the situation and make unnecessary fades. The most expensive player on the roster is 5k. You just have to ask yourself if there was their actual roster for the entire season what would these guys prices be? And at least 4 of these guys would $1500+ more expensive.

• frugal

@tmarohl said...

I agree. Don’t even know why Dallas would want Porzingus. He is strictly a function of the largest media market in the US, playing on a bad team, and now coming off an ACL. I have always thought Porzingus was a hype.

Huh? He was looking pretty dang good prior to going down with the knee issue. And DAL will be looking at him to be the #2 option, a role he should fill nicely.

• BerkeleyBoss

No way I’m avoiding the Mavs tonight (assuming Doncic sits). In the following order, I like:

Brunson, Powell, Mejri, Finney-Smith, Kleber, Barnes & Harris.

Except for Barnes and maybe Harris, they all 10x+ ceilings. I don’t think anybody else on the slate has a 10x+ ceiling. Not gonna overthink this one. Mix and match and hope to hit the right combo tonight.

• Benf15harp

πŸ‘‹πŸ¦„……πŸ˜₯.

• captainwacky

@Pandamonious said...

Please don’t over estimate the Pistons. They’re not a good team. The Mavs played last night, but most the guys getting heavy burn tonight did not last night. Also do not under estimate the drive of a player getting their chance to step up. NBA players step up. We’ve seen it twice recently with the Pels. Granted no one as good as Jrue will be suiting up for the Mavs tonight, but the Pistons also aren’t the Rockets or Nuggets.

Powell, Brunson, Kleber and Barnes, yes Barnes too could all easily 10x their salary tonight. DFS is probably more likely to peak out at 30, but that’s a pretty nice return too.

My only trepidation with barnes is the B2B and the mavs being relatively pragmatic about heavy usage. If this wasn’t a b2b I’d lock him and consider his floor 6x.

• pn3

wiped my lineup clean and started over
    have 4 mavs stack like everyone else will be having. going with powell as my big over maxi atm(would have to switch out another high priced player if i wanted maxi over powell)

• captainwacky

@BerkeleyBoss said...

No way I’m avoiding the Mavs tonight (assuming Doncic sits). In the following order, I like:

Brunson, Powell, Mejri, Finney-Smith, Kleber, Barnes & Harris.

Except for Barnes and maybe Harris, they all 10x+ ceilings. I don’t think anybody else on the slate has a 10x+ ceiling. Not gonna overthink this one. Mix and match and hope to hit the right combo tonight.

This is 100 percent how I view it. Like almost to the letter. Maybe switch Brunson and powell ;)

• mbunner23

@yisman said...

@FantasyLabsNBA
    7m7 minutes ago
    More
    Trade summary:

Mavs get – Kristaps Porzingis, Tim Hardaway Jr., Courtney Lee, Trey Burke
    Knicks get – Dennis Smith Jr., DeAndre Jordan, Wesley Matthews

I don’t think the Knicks did well here…

Typical Knicks

• Njsum1

Thoughts on Devin Harris. He’s 3100…gonna see 30 min? Eveylineup I make has 3100 left over…oh geez

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

Huh? He was looking pretty dang good prior to going down with the knee issue. And DAL will be looking at him to be the #2 option, a role he should fill nicely.

I just never thought he was that good. Media Hype.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).