7:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 9.5 ) at Philadelphia ( -9.5 ) — T: 219
    7:30 PM EST : New York ( 5.5 ) at Atlanta ( -5.5 ) — T: 221.5
    7:30 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 7.5 ) at Miami ( -7.5 ) — T: 213.5
    7:30 PM EST : Boston ( 3 ) at Toronto ( -3 ) — T: 215
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( -1.5 ) at Houston ( 1.5 ) — T:
    8:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 1.5 ) at New Orleans ( -1.5 ) — T: 218
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 13.5 ) at Milwaukee ( – 13.5 ) — T:
    10:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( -2.5 ) at Golden State ( 2.5 ) — T: 232.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• rjschick92

@RipCityRings said...

I love that Bagley’s dad has never considered the possibility that his son is terrible at basketball. Never thought I’d side with the Kings organization, but he is truly terrible.

The Kings have always been flaming hot garbage at developing young talent.

I like Bagley. Selling low would be an epic mistake. The guy is 21 years old and barely played a full season in the NBA when considering injuries.

• txdave41

30 minutes ago – wow I scored 388 and 27th place in the GPP. I don’t care that my amazing bad luck had me put this lineup in the least paying GPP possible. A profit is still a profit!!

Present – I’m not even going to make back half of my $13 entry fees. Maybe end up with another complete blow out. Un freaking believable!!

I hate NBA DFS. But I love making lineups.

• zeeshan2

Really need hield or curry to make one more 3 to cash in the nba 3 point challenge on FD. Also sucks my best LU had one flaming turd in it and it was exum

Edit: and they are both subbed out because of a blowout.

• jv21

• Ranked #73

RG Tiered Ranking

Man this season has been terrible for me. Too many blowouts. And being an “experienced” player has been such a big disadvantage. I have too many biases on players and can’t get it right (first time playing sexton, he duds and gets 6 Turnovers, same for buddy)

• RipCityRings

@RipCityRings said...

Wouldn’t be surprised if Cedi went off here, because DFS.

One of those slates where your hunches are all solid but you’re not brave enough to go all in. Only took Cedi in 2/5 and eased off my initial 100% RJ. Best score was 372 with erected Cousins on FD.

I had all the necessary pieces tonight, just didn’t play enough lineups to get them together. Kind of gross that someone is winning the $100K on FD with a 28.7 from Bledsoe and only 29.4 from Capela. Food for thought considering how often we preach about 5x not winning someone a GPP, though the more rigid position eligibility there makes it a little more possible than DK.

Edit: Honorable mention to my 357 with -1 from Exum. Nothing like your best lineups being sunk by injuries and erections.

• tmarohl

Managed to hang on in my DK single entry cash games with that -.5 from Exum.

• tmarohl

@zeeshan2 said...

Really need hield or curry to make one more 3 to cash in the nba 3 point challenge on FD. Also sucks my best LU had one flaming turd in it and it was exum

Edit: and they are both subbed out because of a blowout.

Don’t worry about it, I cashed in that freebie contest and the payout was 38 cents.
    Correction – 32 cents.

• RipCityRings

Heater ended up a little less hot than I had hoped, but still cashed 2/2 on DK and 3/5 on FD for a nice profit. Kind of feels like I’m stretching myself thin playing both sites, but it’s also helpful perspective to look at the same plays with different pricing. On to tomorrow…

• jdtrey

@tmarohl said...

Don’t worry about it, I cashed in that freebie contest and the payout was 38 cents.

I got 11 cents last night.
    Was 1st in both DK and FD showdowns tonight headed into the 4th but dropped substantially with no starters run.
    Somehow pulled a 3rd in the forum contest and min cashed the And 1 with Exum’s -0.5 though

• jv21

• Ranked #73

RG Tiered Ranking

The winning FD lineup in the single entry contests is not that crazy. It’s also duped a lot. Probably an optimal from somewhere. A lot of chalk must have busted, since the lineup only score 392 in a 9 game slate. So sometimes you can win with a good lineup when everyone else fails.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Managed to hang on in my DK single entry cash games with that -.5 from Exum.

Had another pretty good night, might throw one in the WFBC tomorrow. $222 with only 167 entries seems reasonable, especially with top 30 getting at least something back

• jdtrey

FD seems to be going a little overboard with stat corrections, I’ve seen my final score and finishing position change at least 4 times already.

Since there’s no 1/5 thread yet, is Kyrie TLC Levert Prince going overboard for a single lineup? Asking for a friend..

• RipCityRings

@jdtrey said...

FD seems to be going a little overboard with stat corrections, I’ve seen my final score and finishing position change at least 4 times already.

Since there’s no 1/5 thread yet, is Kyrie TLC Levert Prince going overboard for a single lineup? Asking for a friend..

Lock and load LeVert and probably TLC, Prince is iffy despite being almost free (is he ever going to play 20+ this year?), but I like Dame and Murray as pivots off of Kyrie here. CHI/POR looks juicy, really wish Nurk was playing more than 25ish minutes because he could absolutely massacre that front court. RoCo should turn up too.

Edit: Otto, can’t forget Otto. Super smash spot.

• chronoxiong

4 night winning streak for me after tonight and it feels grrrreeeeeeeaaaaaatttttttt! This was my lineup in the Clutch Shot: https://www.fanduel.com/games/53137/contests/53137-242413936/entries/2304280245/scoring

I’m making much better picks throughout this four night winning streak but I keep on landing on my own landmines (or contrian picks). Tristan Thompson, yeah he was my dart throw. I was hoping for 20-25 fdp range but he didn’t bother to play offense tonight. Grant Williams was the dart I was supposed to throw at from the Celtics. Deandre Hunter is money. Just look at his log. He’s gonna be in the 6k range soon if he keeps this up. I regretted picking Seth Curry though. And I originally never had Fox as my main PG. I had Brogdon going into the day. Got scared of fading chalk so I ate the Fox chalk and it costed me 15 points since Brogdon had 57.9 fdp. Overall, I spent $22 to win $50.55 as I crushed all my cash games and got way more than minimum GPP cash in the Dribbler, Swat and Block GPPs as well.

• synth

With a bit under 6 minutes to go in the Phi/Cha game I was in a 2 way split for first in a showdown gpp for it.

Then everyone checked out for the blowout and I got passed by about 100 entries that had better garbage time plays than I did.

That feels pretty brutal but it was still a profitable night and I’m feeling really good about focusing more on smaller portions of the slates

Ended up doing fine in the showdown and tiers while donating to the full slate (having wright/bey was killer)

• tmarohl

@chronoxiong said...

https://www.fanduel.com/games/53137/contests/53137-242413936/entries/2304280245/scoring

My best one finished at 370.8
    Pritchard
    Fox
    Butler
    Svi
    Barrett
    Oubre
    Randle
    Zion
    Embiid

• damionismyname

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@Sleazygreazy said...

Had another pretty good night, might throw one in the WFBC tomorrow. $222 with only 167 entries seems reasonable, especially with top 30 getting at least something back

I won 2 tickets to the $444 for Wednesday on FD ther other day….Throw one in there big grease.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@damionismyname said...

I won 2 tickets to the $444 for Wednesday on FD ther other day….Throw one in there big grease.

More games Wednesday than I’d prefer, but I’m sure I’ll see ya there 🤙🏻

• donkeydealer

Finally back on the winning side

• jv21

• Ranked #73

RG Tiered Ranking

How much do you weigh player skill and floor? Ended up playing Sexton/Hield as my SG. Terrible play. I had oladipo but switch to Hield so I could get it curry. Out of all the SGs I could pick, I pick two of the worst. I think even Wiggins out scores them. Sometime. I think the right decision is to pick the the floor/consistent guy and let your opponent make the mistake. I may just lock in guys like Fred Vanvleet now and ignore the Hields no matter what his price is.

• tmarohl

@jv21 said...

How much do you weigh player skill and floor? Ended up playing Sexton/Hield as my SG. Terrible play. I had oladipo but switch to Hield so I could get it curry. Out of all the SGs I could pick, I pick two of the worst. I think even Wiggins out scores them. Sometime. I think the right decision is to pick the the floor/consistent guy and let your opponent make the mistake. I may just lock in guys like Fred Vanvleet now and ignore the Hields no matter what his price is.

A good starting point is a players fantasy points per minute X the number of minutes they are expected to play. Then look at the expected pace of the game. Adjust the player downward in a low total game, adjust upward in a faster paced game. Another good rule of thumb is you want your high price players to score 5 X their price. 6 X is better. I.E. if you have a 10K player they better at least get you 50 and better yet 60. For your cheap punts, you realistically want guys that will get you about 8 -10 X. Follow those rules, and you will have decent success.

• gaelicgirl

Warriors looked great tonight!

I’m so pleased. 41 assists on 51 FGs, everyone contributed on both ends.

The Clippers will be a great test on Wed.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Warriors looked great tonight!

I’m so pleased. 41 assists on 51 FGs, everyone contributed on both ends.

The Clippers will be a great test on Wed.

I would have been close to winning some serious money tonight if Curry and Fox would have gotten some fourth quarter run.

• jv21

• Ranked #73

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

A good starting point is a players fantasy points per minute X the number of minutes they are expected to play. Then look at the expected pace of the game. Adjust the player downward in a low total game, adjust upward in a faster paced game. Another good rule of thumb is you want your high price players to score 5 X their price. 6 X is better. I.E. if you have a 10K player they better at least get you 50 and better yet 60. For your cheap punts, you realistically want guys that will get you about 8 -10 X. Follow those rules, and you will have decent success.

Sadly I know all of this and I still play bad players. Sucks.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

I would have been close to winning some serious money tonight if Curry and Fox would have gotten some fourth quarter run.

I’m sorry to hear that. Blowout killed my LU, too, but I wasn’t looking at serious money even if it had cashed.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).