NBA FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 8 ) at Chicago ( -8 ) —- T: 199.5
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 8.5 ) at Atlanta ( -8.5 ) —- T: 203.5
    8:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 5 ) at Dallas ( -5 ) —- T: 213.5
    10:30 PM EST : Golden St ( 0 ) at LA LAkers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• xdan3220

@CantCatchABreak99 said...

I was looking at Mathews also, but my issue with Mathews is that in the 13 games since he put up a monster 59.50 fps (DK) against Washington on 12/6 he has hit 5x value just 4 times. He hit 5x value the three games immediately following that monster game, so in the last 10 games he’s hit value just once. Meanwhile, Belinelli has crushed value over the past three games and he’s still at $3900 on DK while Mathews is $5k. In the blowout win over GSW he had just 6 fps in 21 minutes.

While only James Harden (twice) and Eric Bledsoe (once) are the only shooting guards to have exceeded 40+fps against Dallas, I would prefer to roll with what I would consider the hot hand at $3900 than the one that appears to be due at $5k. BUT, that’s just me. I can certainly see the case for Mathews. You would think he would pull out of this funk at some point.

Good stats, Wes’ game logs aren’t pretty since his explosion. I’d have to double check but that might coincide a bit with Parson’s getting more involved. I like the stat on Dallas D on SG’s, Belinelli at least doesn’t have to go for 40 to hit value but it is always good to know that a team does a nice job limiting a position.

The recent Lou Will explosion should make SG interesting tonight, I personally don’t like the matchup for him but I think I will be in the minority on that and he’ll see big ownership.

• Gadhikar

Sacramento and Dallas will be high scoring too, but Sacramento is on the tail end of a back to back.

• jv21

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@Sjv said...

This is what I’m wondering as well. I can’t imagine butler doesn’t guard giannis because the dude is too athletic for mirotic, while Middleton would be the lesser of two evils for matchup purposes.

I’ll look into it more it . Just based on size it should be Butler on Middleton since Alphabet is 4 inches taller than Butler.

• sqwerl

Why does everyone think a blowout means not to play players. They have to score to blow out the other team.

• deerosa

Note to self , stop predicting blowouts!!!

that is all.

• CantCatchABreak99

@xdan3220 said...

The recent Lou Will explosion should make SG interesting tonight, I personally don’t like the matchup for him but I think I will be in the minority on that and he’ll see big ownership

I played Lou Will in early Dec. and he helped me cash, then I had him for his 8.25 (DK) dud on 12/23 and his 11.75 stinker on Christmas day and have been off him ever since. Unfortunately, I missed the boat when he went off for 50.75 against Phoenix in his last game. I agree, I think his ownership will be high and I don’t like the matchup much either.

• deerosa

@TheRealJosh5 said...

What’s up with Porzingis lately?

As a knicks fan, who watches every game. Fisher has been moving him around in regards to substitutions and putting him in position to score more ( even though this might mean less minutes). Sometimes he gets pulled early in the 1st quarter and comes back a bit later than usual. He is also a rookie and they are trying to dampen that “rookie wall” a bit. Don’t see him getting as much minutes as before as well, unfortunately.

Also, a team like ATL tosses him around down low as far as positioning. Dude needs to pack on some weight and get his conditioning up. I saw Horford, who isn’t one of the bigger centers in the league, back him in like spud webb.

When his shot is on 3pt’s and he is blocking shots, then he will go off for 40 FP. He can get that against some of the weaker teams or if MELO is not in the starting lineup.

• jv21

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@sqwerl said...

Why does everyone think a blowout means not to play players. They have to score to blow out the other team.

That’s true but in this case Curry by himself can match/exceed the production of the Lakers whole team. The concern is if GSW’s players can hit value. Lastly, the lakers could just suck and therefore provide little fantasy production.

• nta87

@landos said...

I’m looking forward to which Yeezys Nick Young gonna stunt in.

Oh, you mean fantasy wise. I think Clarkson may be fine cos he can shoot jumpers and catch some lazy TO passes from Steph and Dray. Not touching any other Lakers… Nance Jr? Those Kobe bricks are gonna fall into Draymond’s hands, not his.

Lolol at Nick young aka swaggy p, how about put up some meaningful minutes/pts before all the crazy nicknames shit

• mirinmytraps

mirotic or parsons.

• TheRealJosh5

Thanks deerosa..

• xdan3220

@sqwerl said...

My big fear with blowouts isn’t that the players won’t score, because obviously they will to blow a team out. The concern I have is that they won’t have the minutes to pile up the counting stats likes rebounds, assists, steals, blocks. If a team is able to blow a team out in only 3 quarters of play that is awesome for their scoring but its a quarter less of Laker bricks for Dray to gobble up on the glass. It’s all balancing though, doesn’t mean you have to fade guys in a blowout, they can certainly still get to what you need in that time but all things equal on a night like tonight I’d rather Cousins in a game I think will be close than Dray in a game that won’t.

• Sjv

@jv21 said...

I’ll look into it more it . Just based on size it should be Butler on Middleton since Alphabet is 4 inches taller than Butler.

Yes size wise I’d agree, but I was thinking athletically/play style. I don’t think mirotic would be able to stay in front of Gianni’s driving to the hole, whereas Middleton is more inclined to stay on the perimeter. I can see snell getting some pt tonight to help with the wings

• CutlerAsFk

i went through some highlights from the bucks/bulls series from last year and i see butler guarding giannis a lot, with dunleavy on middleton. since mirotic has taken dunleavy’s role from last season i think he’ll be on middleton with butler on giannis.

• dominicanpapi

Hoiberg optimistic Rose will play. Kinda dampens my mood on Butler a bit.

• mbunner23

@xdan3220 said...

My big fear with blowouts isn’t that the players won’t score, because obviously they will to blow a team out. The concern I have is that they won’t have the minutes to pile up the counting stats likes rebounds, assists, steals, blocks. If a team is able to blow a team out in only 3 quarters of play that is awesome for their scoring but its a quarter less of Laker bricks for Dray to gobble up on the glass. It’s all balancing though, doesn’t mean you have to fade guys in a blowout, they can certainly still get to what you need in that time but all things equal on a night like tonight I’d rather Cousins in a game I think will be close than Dray in a game that won’t.

exactly.

• CantCatchABreak99

@xdan3220 said...

^^What he said

• deerosa

@TheRealJosh5 said...

Thanks deerosa..

No worries, he is always worth a flyer when his price drops. Those are the times he will drop 40FP.

You are welcome.

• DFSNewbie

I know this has nothing to do with this thread, but what is Brad Beal and I think Gary Neal doing at the whitehouse? Lol Beal needs to get back so I can roster him

• runnshoot9

I haven’t seen anyone mention Monroe- any thoughts on him? Chicago’s usually weak with the #5

• sqwerl

@xdan3220 said...

What do you think the value will be at the cash line tonight on FD?

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Assuming DWill doesn’t play and considering SAC is coming off a track meet with OKC, I really want JJ and Wes in my LU… barring unexpected news opening up value I am left choosing between Lance Thomas, Tony Snell, Doug McDermott and Derrick Williams at SF on DK… ugh…

• xdan3220

@sqwerl said...

What do you think the value will be at the cash line tonight on FD?

For GPP’s maybe somewhere between 275-280 that is usually a safe bet on shorter slates for cash. I don’t play 50/50’s so I don’t really have a frame of reference for that

• jeffgo33

Would you play Rondo-Belinelli-Cousins in the same GPP lineup, or is that likely too much Kings? I want to use Rondo-Cousins, but not sure I want to also go plus-5K at SG. First world problems!

• emhender

@xdan3220 said...

To add to this^^: The blowout factor is all floor vs. ceiling. In a blowout, is Draymond safe for his 40 point floor? sure he is, but he is much less likely to hit that 70 point ceiling.

For example: The Warriors could very well go out and put up 85-90 through 3 quarters, and draymond is going to his his 40 point floor, but if he sits the 4th (which he normally plays 7-10 minutes), he’s not getting past that floor.

For the record, I don’t pay attention to the “blowout factor” all that much, but there is definitely logic behind it.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).