Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 8 ) at Chicago ( -8 ) —- T: 199.5
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 8.5 ) at Atlanta ( -8.5 ) —- T: 203.5
    8:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 5 ) at Dallas ( -5 ) —- T: 213.5
    10:30 PM EST : Golden St ( 0 ) at LA LAkers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• WuChef1986

For tonight :
    Teams playing 3/4 day
    Warriors
    Bucks
    Kings

Have a bad feeling there’s gonna be some super late scratches :(

• kookahdoo

@jeffgo33 said...

Would you play Rondo-Belinelli-Cousins in the same GPP lineup, or is that likely too much Kings? I want to use Rondo-Cousins, but not sure I want to also go plus-5K at SG. First world problems!

On a short slate, I would say no. But I usually do it with high line games and predicted to be close. I have Rondo and Belinelli, but kind of afraid to pull the trigger on Booger man. I’m still researching so that may change1, 2 or 10 times.

• jstanek99

What you guys think of Gasol tonight?

• dominicanpapi

@jstanek99 said...

Will probably be the less owned of the 3 (Green/Millsap/Gasol). Monroe can’t play D, neither can Gasol, so I’d roster them both in one lineup.

• mellofellowsu

@sqwerl said...

Why does everyone think a blowout means not to play players. They have to score to blow out the other team.

Blowouts can also happen from great defense being played, or the other team not being able to throw the ball into the ocean. In those types of blowouts the winning team doesn’t necessarily put up the type of performances you need to win a tournament.

There is no “never” though. You can isolate great performances from blowout games. More often than not though, if I can identify one with reasonable certainty, I avoid it. Minutes are precious in NBA DFS. The fewer minutes players play, the fewer opportunities they have to put up stats.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@jstanek99 said...

Pau is in a really good spot.

On DK there is no way to produce a good cash lineup with all four Rondo, Millsap, Draymond and Pau… so we will have to wait late news to choose 3 of them.

• WuChef1986

Sleepers for today

Ian Clark

Gay ( if Casspi is out) hes my GPP play of the day

John Henson

Tarik Black

Teague

BOL Every One

• Stickman731

@deerosa said...

@TheRealJosh5 said…

As a knicks fan, who watches every game. Fisher has been moving him around in regards to substitutions and putting him in position to score more ( even though this might mean less minutes). Sometimes he gets pulled early in the 1st quarter and comes back a bit later than usual. He is also a rookie and they are trying to dampen that “rookie wall” a bit. Don’t see him getting as much minutes as before as well, unfortunately.

Also, a team like ATL tosses him around down low as far as positioning. Dude needs to pack on some weight and get his conditioning up. I saw Horford, who isn’t one of the bigger centers in the league, back him in like spud webb.

When his shot is on 3pt’s and he is blocking shots, then he will go off for 40 FP. He can get that against some of the weaker teams or if MELO is not in the starting lineup.

I am also a Knick fan and can concur. He normally plays better at home because he as infrastructure around him .

https://twitter.com/kporzee/status/683818975969587201

The next three games he is on the road until Jan 9th. His last long trip I think one of his brothers accompany him. Remember he is a 20 yr old kid.

However, with that being said his FD salary is down $900 this month and at $6200 is a good play tonight relative to the match up with Millsap.

• yomoflow858

For my GPP main lineup, I got Rondo, Butler, Klay Thompson and DeMarcus Cousins in my lineup. Any changes would be important to me.

• Sixersfan

@cjk3314 said...

Shout out to KAT for ruining my night

I told you all yesterday to stay away from KAT because Jaleel took him to school last time they faced each other

• Sjv

@WuChef1986 said...

Sleepers for today

Ian Clark

Gay ( if Casspi is out) hes my GPP play of the day

John Henson

Tarik Black

Teague

BOL Every One

Why are they good sleeper picks?

• sqwerl

@emhender said...

To add to this^^: The blowout factor is all floor vs. ceiling. In a blowout, is Draymond safe for his 40 point floor? sure he is, but he is much less likely to hit that 70 point ceiling.

For example: The Warriors could very well go out and put up 85-90 through 3 quarters, and draymond is going to his his 40 point floor, but if he sits the 4th (which he normally plays 7-10 minutes), he’s not getting past that floor.

For the record, I don’t pay attention to the “blowout factor” all that much, but there is definitely logic behind it.

With such a small slate the GS big 3 players will be highly owned and will be the ones moving the cash line one way or the other. There is one factor that I just can’t get away from and that is GS defending its undefeated home court record against a bad team yes, but a young, hungry, and fast bad team that did just beat a very good Celtics team. They have 3 wins in a row and everyone that has been going into GS has been playing better. I just don’t see a blowout tonight.

• xdan3220

For anyone that is interested Zach Lowe on ESPN has an interesting article up about the decline of offensive rebounding. I’ve always been more interested in overall rebounding rates but never really thought about teams just punting the offensive glass, which may play a big role on overall rates so it’s definitely worth consideration

• IronMonkey415

I see a down to the wire overtime type of game.

• mellofellowsu

@sqwerl said...

With such a small slate the GS big 3 players will be highly owned and will be the ones moving the cash line one way or the other. There is one factor that I just can’t get away from and that is GS defending its undefeated home court record against a bad team yes, but a young, hungry, and fast bad team that did just beat a very good Celtics team. They have 3 wins in a row and everyone that has been going into GS has been playing better. I just don’t see a blowout tonight.

Meh, narratives are overstated and often don’t reflect what actually happens on the court. Good luck to you though.

• mackie64

Zaza or Monroe at C and Collison or Mirotic as utility?

• CantCatchABreak99

@xdan3220 said...

For anyone that is interested Zach Lowe on ESPN has an interesting article up about the decline of offensive rebounding. I’ve always been more interested in overall rebounding rates but never really thought about teams just punting the offensive glass, which may play a big role on overall rates so it’s definitely worth consideration

One of the reasons I like rostering Aminu from Portland is that he hustles for offensive rebounds; so does ZBO (at least, he did last night). I’m amazed when I watch the NBA at the teams who simply shoot and release and forgo the offensive rebound. It’s frustrating because you just know there are 1.25 fps (DK) to be had and one rebound can make the difference between cashing and losing your bankroll.

• mrpata

@sqwerl said...

GS has no interest in defending their homecourt record tonight because they will be playing in L.A.

• gnoixiak

@mellofellowsu said...

Meh, narratives are overrated and often don’t reflect what actually happens on the court. Good luck to you though.

The only narrative from this game that means anything is this one: Draymond is 1 triple double away from being the 3rd player EVER to have 4 in a row. Others being MJ with 7 and Russ with 4. He also mentions wanted to be viewed as Elite today. His teammates are going to feed him the rock and let him hunt Stats. Don’t be surprised to see Dray play 5 minutes of 4th quarter garbage time if hes close. Say he has like 15-8-9, they gonna give him extra run. If he’s already at 17-10-10 he’ll sit but then he’s hit value anyway.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #31

RG Tiered Ranking

With Barnes maybe limited in minutes in a b2b just back from injury and Ezeli likely out, green may still play more minutes even in a blowout. Have Speights in a Lu too in case he gets extra run tonight

• xdan3220

@CantCatchABreak99 said...

One of the reasons I like rostering Aminu from Portland is that he hustles for offensive rebounds; so does ZBO (at least, he did last night). I’m amazed when I watch the NBA at the teams who simply shoot and release and forgo the offensive rebound. It’s frustrating because you just know there are 1.25 fps (DK) to be had and one rebound can make the difference between cashing and losing your bankroll.

That is interesting, I’ve honestly never put near enough thought into this. The article highlights it and it is difficult to believe but New Orleans with Anthony Davis has the lowest offensive rebounding rate in the league. On the flip side they are tied for the 6th best defensive rebounding rate so it is not that they are a bad rebounding team but by design they aren’t even trying to get those boards. It really puts their overall rebounding numbers into perspective, which are near the bottom of the league. Going forward it seems like it’ll make good sense to pay more attention to finding good offensive rebounding teams/players against bad defensive rebounding teams

• sqwerl

@mrpata said...

GS has no interest in defending their homecourt record tonight because they will be playing in L.A.

I think I need to see a doctor. I thought for sure the game was at home for GS.

• mellofellowsu

@gnoixiak said...

The only narrative from this game that means anything is this one: Draymond is 1 triple double away from being the 3rd player EVER to have 4 in a row. Others being MJ with 7 and Russ with 4. He also mentions wanted to be viewed as Elite today. His teammates are going to feed him the rock and let him hunt Stats. Don’t be surprised to see Dray play 5 minutes of 4th quarter garbage time if hes close. Say he has like 15-8-9, they gonna give him extra run. If he’s already at 17-10-10 he’ll sit but then he’s hit value anyway.

I’ll buy that. That’s worth an entry in the Swat. Players today are far more concerned about their stat lines than in years past.

• Sixersfan

@sqwerl said...

Why does everyone think a blowout means not to play players. They have to score to blow out the other team.

I agree with you. People in this forum also get a hard on for ownership percentage and don’t realize that doesn’t matter. You still need points to win.

• xdan3220

@CantCatchABreak99 said...

Now that I’m looking deeper at this, Milwaukee has the worst defensive rebounding rate in the league, Taj Gibon has a top 25 offensive rebounding rate, could lead to a few extra boards and a couple easy put backs.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).