• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Utah ( -2 ) at Brooklyn ( 2 ) — T: 231.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -9 ) at Memphis ( 9 ) — T: 218
    9:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 11.5 ) at Denver ( -11.5 ) — T: 227
    10:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 8 ) at LA Clippers ( – 8 ) — T:
    10:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 9.5 ) at Portland ( -9.5 ) — T: 233.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• wysteria

Beasley again against his former team…
    DEN and MIN two worst defensive teams,
    POR 7th pace, CHI 2nd pace…
    I like this contest, too much way to approach it

• Brendan239

Why hasn’t Taureen Prince gotten 20+ minutes? Is there a path for it tonight? $3700 on FD

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

And people in GPP contests will not play him because it is Utah and they have a bias against Kyrie. He is most likely going to roast them repeatedly.

I don’t know….I think people realize how good Kyrie has been. I’ve been one of the few saying he’s a different dude this year, cause he’s happy and he’s being a good teammate. Been saying it since the preseason.

Yet the matchup is meh, at best. And there’s a chance the game isn’t close. Nets just lost to the Wiz and Atl with Durant. Yeah Kyrie is gonna chuck it, so I want some exposure, just doesn’t feel “all-in” to me.

• Bodiaz36

With all the Mem injuries, J-Val has to explode at some point, right? Maybe this isn’t the ideal matchup, but with Center ownership concentrated on Jokic, Gobert, or cheapies like Kanter/Poeltl, J-Val maybe goes off at a reduced price and ownership

• monarch

I think we agree on much of the Kyrie situation outside of the matchup. You believe it is meh and I think it is excellent.

Anyways Kyrie was at 2 FPPM vs them last year in BKN. He really gets going vs teams with traditional centers like Gobert and Favors. He finds them on switches and the defense gets all out of sorts. Maybe Utah blitzes Kyrie like teams do Harden but that is not their style. Harden also kills Utah. DDR was on his way to 50 before the game blew out. Russell, SGA, Booker all did well this year vs Utah and will have nowhere near the usage or talent that Kyrie will have tonight. If the game is good then he likely goes off. It might not be good but 226 O/U suggests somebody doing something out there.

• Njsum1

Jamal Murray has the potential to have a real nice game tonight.

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

Harden also kills Utah. DDR was on his way to 50 before the game blew out. Russell, SGA, Booker all did well this year vs Utah and will have nowhere near the usage or talent that Kyrie will have tonight

Good points

Matchup is meh from a Pace and Def eff. perspective, Utah like 23rd In pace and mid pack in defense. Yet seems like some lesser players have gone HAM agaisnt Utah. So, I’m a little more interested. Maybe go from 25% to 35% 🤷‍♂️

• Ace15

Tonight’s slate seems too simple. I am 100% fading Kyrie @9700 on FD + his ownership…. give me all the leverage of not owning him. Murray and Jokic are locks for me. Also, love love Lavine and Otto tonight. I pray people flock to Kyrie.

• dominicanpapi

@tmarohl said...

Lillard is a great pivot off of Lillard? So that is how you do this :)

LOL.

BTW, the gist of my Leonard point is that if he sits, Lou Williams is 4K on FD. I don’t think I’ve ever seen his price this low before.

• Bodiaz36

I like Jokic, Murray, and even Barton on Denver side. The only thing that gives me pause about this game is that it was relatively competitive last time. I could definitely see this being a bloodbath tonight, where both Jokic and Murray both do damage early but settle in around 40 fpts apiece. That’s why I may go J-Val at C just to be different

• Brendan239

Tonight’s the type of night that Jingles gets hot and puts up a 40 burger. I hate playin that guy though.

• NarrowJ

Seems like blowouts have been more common this season than I can ever remember. Vegas thinks the first game is the most competitive one by about 5 points. All of the other lines are between 8 and 11 points. From a lamen’s POV it seems you’d just grab all your big pieces from that first game and then fill in with random guys from the other games that can pay off salary quickly.

Trying to figure out who I like in that last game. Nurkic will smash one of these days; it’s coming.

• Ace15

PG has been on a mission, I will definitely have some shares. If Klaw sits, give me all the Keldon Johnson.

• Ace15

@NarrowJ said...

Nurkic will smash one of these days; it’s coming.

I agree. I want to play him, but I can’t. With that said tonight’s probably the night he goes nuts since I’ll be off of him.

• Brendan239

Being a 5 game slate, gotta be different in a few spots. I looked at the 6 gamer on Jan 2nd and 4 players in the winning LU were less than 10% owned, only 2 above 20%. What’s everyone’s thoughts on how you spread out ownership on a 5/6 game slate? I put 1-2 “chalky” guys that should exceed value, and try to incorporate 2-3 lower owned guys as well to be contrarian that are “due” like Jingles or should see more minutes like Prince. Or do you take more pieces from a less popular game? Spend up at a position ppl are spending down on or vice versa?

• Ace15

PF is disgusting on FD. From a game theory perspective, it probably makes sense to pay up for AD. If AD goes off I don’t think you can offset that from the other positions given at that salary range since there is no one else in the PF pool who has that floor or ceiling.

• Bodiaz36

Wait, you mean pairing Bob Covington with Paul Millsap at PF doesn’t excite you?

• OHRye

@Ace15 said...

PF is disgusting on FD. From a game theory perspective, it probably makes sense to pay up for AD. If AD goes off I don’t think you can offset that from the other positions given at that salary range since there is no one else in the PF pool who has that floor or ceiling.

I agree, not a lot of options. Almost feels like you have to have AD.

Right now I have AD, O’Neale…Reid is another good cheap option.

• OHRye

Only game within a managable spread today is UTA/BKN, everything else is almost 10 points.

Just gotta hope you don’t pick the blowout game.

• Njsum1

@OHRye said...

Only game within a managable spread today is UTA/BKN, everything else is almost 10 points.

Just gotta hope you don’t pick the blowout game.

Yeah, but in all other games the spread has moved toward the underdog, with only one slightly above 10 (den-min)…still moved 2 points for Minny. Spread moved over 6 points toward Utah, which is concerning.

• jfitzgan

@OHRye said...

I agree, not a lot of options. Almost feels like you have to have AD.

Right now I have AD, O’Neale…Reid is another good cheap option.

Bogs is a decent option too.

• Njsum1

GTJ-4100 on DK, nice little upside tourney play

• wesdaco

pg games against the Jazz this year (DK points):

Dejounte Murray: 21.25
    Pat Beverley 12.25 – Lou Williams: 14.50
    Chris Paul: 27.5
    Shai Gilgeous-Alexander: 39.75
    D’Angelo Russell: 39
    Damian Lillard: 28.5

• dominicanpapi

Chicago is 2nd in pace, this feels like the type of game environment Derrick Jones Jr should thrive in. Or am I chasing here?

• jessedio

Shaq was dissing Gobert and his new contract and he responded basically saying he will continue to prove people wrong. Bet the big man has some extra motivation tonight.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).