7:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 5 ) at Washington ( -5 ) —- T: 212
    7:00 PM EST : Houston ( -5.5 ) at Orlando ( 5.5 ) —- T: 223
    7:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 12 ) at Boston ( -12 ) —- T: 213
    7:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( 0 ) at Brooklyn ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : NY Knicks ( 0 ) at Milwaukee ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 13.5 ) at Golden State ( -13.5 ) —- T: 214.5
    10:30 PM EST : Miami ( 0 ) at LA Lakers ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 0 ) at Sacramento ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Monty1507

I’m having a couple problems with my lineup. Lebron has a great matchup but does he stay on the court long enough to put up better numbers than Durant who is cheaper?
    Also with Okafor back should I worry about Saric numbers dropping down to less than 20? He scored 36 against Boston last time.

• Monty1507

Also another question is who had a better game Reddick or Crawford

• madmanjayWV

CRAWFORD

• scsa0096

Got 4 players from MIA/LAL tonight and 3 from NY/MIL. Def taking another ride on the Greg Monroe express train tonight! And I’m going with Durant over LBJ too. Fading the stud PGs and Harden tonight too. Anyone of a similar mindset?

• KillaChap

Alright fellas, I’ve already lost on my New Year’s resolution to retire from money GPS and deposited money I won from my season long football league back into DK. I’m going all in over the next 3 days with the NFL and NBA so any real advice or insight into today’s games will be welcomed. None of that deflection BS that everyone is known for. lol.

Am I nuts to stack up the Bucks/Knicks again?

• ASitar

Sorry in advance because I hate when people talk about the games the night before, but if Russ is playing I’m plugging him into AT LEAST one LU and making the guys around him fit. A few times this week he was in a situation in which everyone here was fading him and he’s in the winning LU (at least in the $3/$4 DK GPPs I play). Regardless of matchup, guarded by Beverly, Dennis Rodman, in an air cast the dude balls out. He’s the only player right now who has a much much better chance of getting 70 than 50. Looking at the winner’s LU last night it’s not even that far fetched. None of his “punts” we wouldn’t have considered.

Teague
    GRIII
    Marcus Morris
    Nowitzki
    Turner
    R Jackson
    Aminu
    Russ

GL today

I’m on IT2, ABC, Vuc today

• DirkDigglerz

I’m going heavy with Julius Randle

• antzilla810

@scsa0096 said...

Got 4 players from MIA/LAL tonight and 3 from NY/MIL. Def taking another ride on the Greg Monroe express train tonight! And I’m going with Durant over LBJ too. Fading the stud PGs and Harden tonight too. Anyone of a similar mindset?

If Embid doesn’t play tonight, who stops Thomas? Gotta ride the Thomas train.

• KillaChap

@antzilla810 said...

If Embid doesn’t play tonight, who stops Thomas? Gotta ride the Thomas train.

Embiid covers PG’s?

• iron_tactics

I may lock IT and Bradley. I like ilya, saric, okafor if Embiid sits, maybe T.J. for a punt.

• WillieStroker

Boogie train woo woo!

• clrockny24

was Boban marjanovic on anyone’s radar last night?

• iron_tactics

@WillieStroker said...

Boogie train woo woo!

Yeah man 68 FD pts last bout against LAC

• xdan3220

Anyone know what happened to Mozgov last night? Had 13 fantasy points in the 1st quarter, figured I’d cash with him, and then he doesn’t get another fantasy point or apparently another minute of play the rest of the game. Lakers are back in action against the Heat tonight could be a big man gold mine one side or the other.

Also sorry if I talked anyone off Hield, 30+ fantasy points in 31 minutes, didn’t expect that from him.

• antzilla810

@KillaChap said...

Embiid covers PG’s?

IT driving to the basket.

• Jeddy3

I will not play wiggins.
    I will not play wiggins.
    I will not play wiggins.

::plugs in wiggins for 6800::

• iron_tactics

@antzilla810 said...

IT driving to the basket.

Embiid averaging about 3.5 fouls per game. ITs last outing against PHI he had 15 FTA.

• iron_tactics

@Jeddy3 said...

I will not play wiggins.
    I will not play wiggins.
    I will not play wiggins.

::plugs in wiggins for 6800::

His track record against WAS might be enough for me to fade

• xdan3220

@iron_tactics said...

Embiid averaging about 3.5 fouls per game. ITs last outing against PHI he had 15 FTA.

Embiid didn’t play in the last Philly Boston game either. If Embiid doesn’t play look to see who starts for Philly, if Nerlens gets the start defensively it’s a drop off but not a major one, if Okafor starts he is one of the worst interior defenders in the league and offers no resistance at the rim, IT3 will be able to score at the rim easily.

• iron_tactics

@xdan3220 said...

Embiid didn’t play in the last Philly Boston game either. If Embiid doesn’t play look to see who starts for Philly, if Nerlens gets the start defensively it’s a drop off but not a major one, if Okafor starts he is one of the worst interior defenders in the league and offers no resistance at the rim, IT3 will be able to score at the rim easily.

Yeah, both sides have to be aware of this too and IT is pretty good at drawing those fouls. IT only made 3 3pt attempts that outing too. I can see him possibly going for 8-13 this bout

• IGoHardenThePaint

@KillaChap said...

Alright fellas, I’ve already lost on my New Year’s resolution to retire from money GPS and deposited money I won from my season long football league back into DK. I’m going all in over the next 3 days with the NFL and NBA so any real advice or insight into today’s games will be welcomed. None of that deflection BS that everyone is known for. lol.

Am I nuts to stack up the Bucks/Knicks again?

I like the Bucks for tonight’s game, especially the value with Brogdon and Monroe. However, the Knicks seem to be a whole different team when they are on the road, so I don’t know if this game stays as close as it did the other night.

• Monty1507

I am new to daily fantasy and was wondering how you guys calculated that this guy hit 5x or 6x. Thanks!

• Dirt_Lavert

@iron_tactics said...

And Embiid didn’t even play lol

• Dirt_Lavert

@Monty1507 said...

I am new to daily fantasy and was wondering how you guys calculated that this guy hit 5x or 6x. Thanks!

player salary x 6

IT2 is $8300 on DK

8.3 × 6 = 49.8

Simply put you obviously want that guys that can exceed 6 x

• iron_tactics

@Monty1507 said...

Not sure if the value is the same on different sites but say on Fanduel you got Player Snuffy who is priced at $6,000. You can either divide this by a thousand now or later up to you. Now it would be 6. 5X would be 30, 6x would be 36 fantasy points. Take your overall salary allotted at 60,000 on Fanduel and apply the 5, 6x and if you’re right, you score 300-360 fps.
    It’s a good way to help in lineup construction. Not always the way to go. A 3.5 for 3x for a 12k that you know is going to go for 7x would 84+12.5 = 96.5. Still ends up a little over 6x combined and in the event the 3.5k goes off you’re in a an even better position. Just another strategy of many.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).