7:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 5 ) at Washington ( -5 ) —- T: 212
    7:00 PM EST : Houston ( -5.5 ) at Orlando ( 5.5 ) —- T: 223
    7:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 12 ) at Boston ( -12 ) —- T: 213
    7:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( 0 ) at Brooklyn ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : NY Knicks ( 0 ) at Milwaukee ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 13.5 ) at Golden State ( -13.5 ) —- T: 214.5
    10:30 PM EST : Miami ( 0 ) at LA Lakers ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 0 ) at Sacramento ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• JZ2318

@iron_tactics said...

I thought about Conley as well but I just don’t see that happening tonight. Maybe 25 fps and an early sit cause they are gonna blown out in my opinion.

I generally don’t read much into blowout factors. More often than not it doesn’t effect the game as much as it is perceived to. By the way, didn’t MEM beat GS earlier this year WITHOUT Conley? It also works to your advantage since the perceived blowout will lower ownership.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

FYI – Love, Irving probably play tonight

https://twitter.com/JasonLloydABJ/status/817389667632852992

• damionismyname

@ASitar said...

Sorry in advance because I hate when people talk about the games the night before, but if Russ is playing I’m plugging him into AT LEAST one LU and making the guys around him fit. A few times this week he was in a situation in which everyone here was fading him and he’s in the winning LU (at least in the $3/$4 DK GPPs I play). Regardless of matchup, guarded by Beverly, Dennis Rodman, in an air cast the dude balls out. He’s the only player right now who has a much much better chance of getting 70 than 50. Looking at the winner’s LU last night it’s not even that far fetched. None of his “punts” we wouldn’t have considered.

Teague
    GRIII
    Marcus Morris
    Nowitzki
    Turner
    R Jackson
    Aminu
    Russ

GL today

I’m on IT2, ABC, Vuc today

He was in every winning lineup dk, fd and Yahoo. He was got into the winning lineup in every major site.

• dominicanpapi

I’m pretty shocked the Warriors are favored by 14 points considering Conley and Gasol are playing. That game is a sneaky GPP stack in my view, the Warriors were suppose to blow the Blazers out and they kept it close.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@slpanthers24 said...

Wow totally disagree.

Send me a head to head, you take two of Ilysaova, McConnell, Noel, Okafor and Saric.

• IGoHardenThePaint

I think Noel could be a sneaky play tonight if Embiid sits and he gets the minutes. He’s averaged about 28 fdp against Boston

• iron_tactics

@JZ2318 said...

I generally don’t read much into blowout factors. More often than not it doesn’t effect the game as much as it is perceived to. By the way, didn’t MEM beat GS earlier this year WITHOUT Conley? It also works to your advantage since the perceived blowout will lower ownership.

They did but almost none of Golden States shots were hitting. 3PA Klay was 0-3, Curry 3-11, and Durant 3-6. It was pretty bad. I don’t know much about MEM but if they’re playing behind I would think Conley shoots a few more 3s and maybe Vince Carter Daniels”:/players/troy-daniels-17383 comes in to try and play catchup. Trying to predict the script, right now I think MEM will start ahead early, then GS will pull ahead fast and MEM will be playing hard to close the spread. Honestly starting to look like a 240 total to me. Researching now to see how MEM reacts

• Youngbandit09

Gortat
    Vucevic
    Monroe

Which one should i go with tonight ?

• gausman7

thoughts about Kilpatrick tonight? Looked more effective with the second unit. If he can get his FG% to the level of mediocrity he could do some real damage. I think he is a better play now with the second unit. Lost 3 minutes over his average as a starter in his first game off of the bench.

• biged263835

People are on Randle but on FD, James Johnson is the play at PF in my opinion.

• gausman7

@Youngbandit09 said...

Gortat
    Vucevic
    Monroe

Which one should i go with tonight ?

I love Gortat tonight but all three are good options. I have a hard time with Vucevic because of his minutes. Monroe has been locked in and it seems that Henson has become an afterthought.

Gortat is who I am choosing to go with tonight in the majority of my lineups

• xdan3220

@IGoHardenThePaint said...

I think Noel could be a sneaky play tonight if Embiid sits and he gets the minutes. He’s averaged about 28 fdp against Boston

I’m very curious to see what happens with the Sixer rotation tonight if Embiid sits. Nerlens has been over a fantasy point per minute in every game he has played this year but one, at 4,300 on FD he doesn’t need a ton of minutes to go beyond 6x. He actually got into the game against Minnesota before Okafor for the first time, but Brett Brown basically split the minutes between the two of them 11-10. The Sixers were destroying the Twolves in the 3rd when he brought Oak in and left Noel on the bench and the Sixers 24 point lead disappeared. All that said, Brett Brown is a really bad NBA coach and his personnel choices don’t always make much sense so Nerlens should get a minimum 28 minutes if Embiid is out but I wouldn’t be shocked if he stayed in the teens.

• mrmogz

@thehazyone said...

FYI – Love, Irving probably play tonight

https://twitter.com/JasonLloydABJ/status/817389667632852992

BBM has it as Love IS playing and Irving probable.

• JZ2318

@KillaChap said...

Alright fellas, I’ve already lost on my New Year’s resolution to retire from money GPS and deposited money I won from my season long football league back into DK. I’m going all in over the next 3 days with the NFL and NBA so any real advice or insight into today’s games will be welcomed. None of that deflection BS that everyone is known for. lol.

Am I nuts to stack up the Bucks/Knicks again?

Killa, I’ve seen you post on the forum and you give me that “Full of heart but always seemingly down on your luck kinda guy” vibe. You asked for advice, so here is mine. Just have fun with it dude. Don’t worry about cashing, redepositing, what contest to enter. Do some research and find a group of guys you love for the particular slate and play them. If you have a hunch about a scrub or off-the radar play, roster him. I only play GPP so if a lineup duds I’m alright with that as long as I had a good reason/feeling about the ticket. I don’t have fun with 50/50’s since there is no big prize or tiered payout structure, plus it seems to be filled with pros, lineup buyers, trains, etc. I play 3 entry GPP and Single Entry contests, usually $5 a night 3 in the Swat, 1 in the Block. Play 1-5 lineups and believe in them, trust me you will enjoy DFS a lot more. For me, I look at matchups, pace, O/U, increased opportunity/usage with players being out. I also like to ask myself, do I believe this dude can hit 6X his salary tonight? If the answer is yes, than it’s probably a good play.

• KillaChap

@slpanthers24 said...

You mean all the sites say to play a stud?

Yeah, my bad.

• BUFUu2

anyone else scared to play irving or love with prolly going to be another blow out

• mrmogz

@damionismyname said...

He was in every winning lineup dk, fd and Yahoo. He was got into the winning lineup in every major site.

What contests on DK are you talking about? RWB was not in any of the winning lineups in the Q.A, And One, or any of the $1, $3, $5, $27 entries I was in.

Teague, Turner, Morris, Millsap, Lowry, Derozan, Aminu, Hield, and one AD are the most players I’m seeing among the top lineups. None with RWB.

Hell I won $1100 with Barton and Drummond in my lineup last night because I had a good mix of those other guys mentioned with them.

• Youngbandit09

@gausman7 said...

I love Gortat tonight but all three are good options. I have a hard time with Vucevic because of his minutes. Monroe has been locked in and it seems that Henson has become an afterthought.

Gortat is who I am choosing to go with tonight in the majority of my lineups

Thanks , Thats who Im going to roll out with.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@IGoHardenThePaint said...

That’s two big if’s… I don’t understand why so many people are in love with the 76’ers today….

• Monty1507

• tim51278

Have a DK Lineup with Ersan and everyone else in the late 1030pm games. It’ll be one of those wake up in morning and see how I did nights….

• GGee87

@xdan3220 said...

Anyone know what happened to Mozgov last night? Had 13 fantasy points in the 1st quarter, figured I’d cash with him, and then he doesn’t get another fantasy point or apparently another minute of play the rest of the game. Lakers are back in action against the Heat tonight could be a big man gold mine one side or the other.

Also sorry if I talked anyone off Hield, 30+ fantasy points in 31 minutes, didn’t expect that from him.

I was all over Hield last night on FD… For some reason he didnt end up in any of my DK lineups. Very strange how that worked out. I did minimal lineups last night though. Korver is being traded to the Cavs… He may end up being a good punt again here soon. That goes for THJ as well now.

• tim51278

TT/Felton/Cousins or Randle/Rivers/Draymond?

• GGee87

@Epicsic said...

FD or DK? This is what I’m talking about people either need to say which site they play on or talking about or the MODS make at least two separate threads for the different sites.

I agree. I liked the idea proposed the other day to have a 3 options to choose from when commenting and click either FD/DK/Other. It would solve a ton of confusion and would be very easy to implement I believe.

• IGoHardenThePaint

@Cooper08 said...

That’s two big if’s… I don’t understand why so many people are in love with the 76’ers today….

Not necessarily in love with philly, but bigs against Boston is a thing

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).