• Blogger of the Month

3:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -2 ) at Chicago ( 2 ) —- T: 208.5
    3:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 7 ) at Minnesota ( -7 ) —- T: —
    3:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 6.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -6.5 ) —- T: 219.5
    6:00 PM EST : Miami ( -6 ) at Atlanta ( 6 ) —- T: 221.5
    7:00 PM EST : Washington ( 10 ) at Okla City ( -10 ) —- T: 226
    7:30 PM EST : Indiana ( 3 ) at Toronto ( -3 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( -2 ) at Phoenix ( 2 ) —- T: 224

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• DirkDigglerz

@Kush said...

Is the manimal gonna get run again……or is it a complete guess. I’m guessing he does with RHJ out.

Play Nerlens Noel a your last spot

• Kush

@DirkDigglerz said...

Play Nerlens Noel a your last spot

Thanks – I’m looking at the short 3:30 slate

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Quit your job and throw caution to the wind, but have faith. That’s what I did.

Disclaimer: Results may vary.

Let me ask you a serious-ish question, since you’re a professional DFS player. Why do you share your thoughts/plays, and on a public message board? What benefit do you feel you get from it? Is the benefit, worth a possible lower return? While many people who contribute on this board have their own ideas or just seemingly enjoy posting/talking hoops, there are many who read it, who will take your plays. And even if you influence ownership by just .25 of 1% that could be the difference between a 100k finish and a 1k finish. Which could mean a good portion of your “salary.” And it defintely seems like you give honest advice, even when you’re wrong.

I was just always curious as to why a professional DFS player would post their ideas without compensation or without trying to mislead people (which as i said earlier, I’m almost certain you give your honest thoughts).

Are you planning on entering the tout arena? Or do you feel you get as much as you give?

For me, I share my thoughts, as I enjoy posting and reading posts, yet I don’t play a large enough volume, that a few extra bucks here or there matters to me. However, I always thought if ever tried doing this professionally, I doubt I’d post on here anymore. So I am genuinely just curious as to your reasoning for regularly sharing your thoughts?

• cjs5555

i like beasley now

• feekdogg

I love Wiggins today.
    God, help me.

• ASitar

DK GPP (G): Lin, Oubre, Melton, Powell?

• siddom

on the main slate i seem to always have $1600 to $2000 left over….anyone in the same predicament?

• siddom

@ASitar said...

DK GPP (G): Lin, Oubre, Melton, Powell?

powell more run without leonard

• Moneymakers90

Harris gil

• Moneymakers90

Or Ingram fd gpp

• vick325

Russell/Gibson or lavine/carter jr?

• SpockJ

@cjs5555 said...

i like beasley now

I doubt Beasley gets more than 15 mins :(

• cjs5555

@SpockJ said...

I doubt Beasley gets more than 15 mins :(

yeah, but i’ll take that risk for $3300 and the upside if he can get 20 min

• ASitar

• Trappist1

@ Njsum1 There is no secret sauce be it a professional DFS player or just doing it casually. Sharing information and participating in discussion is a great way to use the wisdom of the crowd approach in aggregating the dispersed information. At best we all have a season or two before all the DFS sports are solved from the information aspect, by then we will all have moved on to other pastures.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

Let me ask you a serious-ish question, since you’re a professional DFS player. Why do you share your thoughts/plays, and on a public message board? What benefit do you feel you get from it? Is the benefit, worth a possible lower return? While many people who contribute on this board have their own ideas or just seemingly enjoy posting/talking hoops, there are many who read it, who will take your plays. And even if you influence ownership by just .25 of 1% that could be the difference between a 100k finish and a 1k finish. Which could mean a good portion of your “salary.” And it defintely seems like you give honest advice, even when you’re wrong.

I was just always curious as to why a professional DFS player would post their ideas without compensation or without trying to mislead people (which as i said earlier, I’m almost certain you give your honest thoughts).

Are you planning on entering the tout arena? Or do you feel you get as much as you give? I was just always curious as to why a pro would share info without compensation, as you don’t see many pros post here.

For me, I share my thoughts, as I enjoy posting and reading posts, yet I don’t play a large enough volume, that a few extra bucks here or there matters to me. However, I always thought if ever tried doing this professionally, I doubt I’d post on here anymore. So I am genuinely just curious as to your reasoning for regularly sharing your thoughts?

It’s a combination of things. First off, I enjoy the community aspect. Now I realize I can be a part of the forum without giving out my favorite plays, but I like doing it. It is a bit of a give and get concept. Call it Karma or however you want to phrase it. I think by giving here and being involved here can spin into positives.

I would like to enter the tout arena possibly at some point if that option is given. I highly unlikely would have taken on any kind of MOD duties here otherwise. That was basically my question when it was offered was, can it lead to more of a contributing role. I feel like if I can post my thoughts and ideas in here and have it go over well, then I can take it a step further. If that never happens it doesn’t make me regret doing it though either.

There’s so much information out there. I really, maybe naively(?) don’t think I move the needle even .25%. if someone makes a better line up then me, because of one guy they played they never thought of, but I mentioned and they win and I don’t then they deserve it. They still made a better line up. I can live with that.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@feekdogg said...

I love Wiggins today.
    God, help me.

I’m 62%, so I’m there right behind you in the line for people God helps.

• noddy

I don’t think any posts on here move any needles on any site.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

It’s a combination of things. First off, I enjoy the community aspect. Now I realize I can be a part of the forum without giving out my favorite plays, but I like doing it. It is a bit of a give and get concept. Call it Karma or however you want to phrase it. I think by giving here and being involved here can spin into positives.

I would like to enter the tout arena possibly at some point if that option is given. I highly unlikely would have taken on any kind of MOD duties here otherwise. That was basically my question when it was offered was, can it lead to more of a contributing role. I feel like if I can post my thoughts and ideas in here and have it go over well, then I can take it a step further. If that never happens it doesn’t make me regret doing it though either.

There’s so much information out there. I really, maybe naively(?) don’t think I move the needle even .25%. if someone makes a better line up then me, because of one guy they played they never thought of, but I mentioned and they win and I don’t then they deserve it. They still made a better line up. I can live with that.

Makes sense. Thanks for the reply Panda. Much appreciated 😁

• Arenas2Wall

Taj might drop a 40 burger whos guarding him???

• dpalltheway

@Arenas2Wall said...

Taj might drop a 40 burger whos guarding him???

Zubac apparently. Lakers starting him and McGee together and putting Pope on bench

• DirkDigglerz

Took advatage of the Overlay on Yahoo’s early slate :) nice

• Njsum1

@Trappist1 said...

@ Njsum1 There is no secret sauce be it a professional DFS player or just doing it casually. Sharing information and participating in discussion is a great way to use the wisdom of the crowd approach in aggregating the dispersed information. At best we all have a season or two before all the DFS sports are solved from the information aspect, by then we will all have moved on to other pastures.

That I know (the no secret sauce thing) as I’ve been playing for almost 4 years now. However, I don’t think you can ever solve GPPs. Too much info out there imo already to play cash in lower variance sports like NBA. I think you can still play cash in NHL, MLB, and to a lesser degree NFL.

• Kush

13-1 T’wolves…..yikes

• DirkDigglerz

VUC Smh! always

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).