• Blogger of the Month

3:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -2 ) at Chicago ( 2 ) —- T: 208.5
    3:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 7 ) at Minnesota ( -7 ) —- T: —
    3:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 6.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -6.5 ) —- T: 219.5
    6:00 PM EST : Miami ( -6 ) at Atlanta ( 6 ) —- T: 221.5
    7:00 PM EST : Washington ( 10 ) at Okla City ( -10 ) —- T: 226
    7:30 PM EST : Indiana ( 3 ) at Toronto ( -3 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( -2 ) at Phoenix ( 2 ) —- T: 224

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Beckhams3Fingers

Vuc approaching double double bonus halfway through the 1st lmao!

• ASitar

I hope the right pieces from the MIA/Atl game is the way to go

• Beckhams3Fingers

Vuc on pace for a 100 burger

• cdub6238

Rolo 2 shots in 1 minute…. Lavine 1 in 7 minutes…

• DirkDigglerz

Keep it up Jeff Teague!

• Beckhams3Fingers

Vuc on pace for a 120 burger

• Trappist1

@Njsum1 said...

That I know (the no secret sauce thing) as I’ve been playing for almost 4 years now. However, I don’t think you can ever solve GPPs. Too much info out there imo already to play cash in lower variance sports like NBA. I think you can still play cash in NHL, MLB, and to a lesser degree NFL.

Have a look at this, academics in finance are solving it already, https://opendatascience.com/how-to-play-fantasy-sports-strategically-and-win/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK6dVVNGXPo&feature=youtu.be

• RiskyBiscuits

Vuc did the same thing the other night, and ended up with like 39 FP.

• DirkDigglerz

@RiskyBiscuits said...

Vuc did the same thing the other night, and ended up with like 39 FP.

True he sucked in the 2nd and 3rd quarter.. Almost won a GPP if he continued that SMH

• Beckhams3Fingers

@Trappist1 said...

Have a look at this, academics in finance are solving it already, https://opendatascience.com/how-to-play-fantasy-sports-strategically-and-win/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK6dVVNGXPo&feature=youtu.be

That science is based on cash games, specifically double ups, not GPPs. Not applicable :)

There’s no theorem that will solve the GPP equation. Too much luck involved.

• DirkDigglerz

100% Demarre Carroll Let’s GO for 40

• miggs6876

My fd main strategy is to lock in WB, PG3, and Adams. Fitting in the rest. Just hope it doesn’t blow out early.

• Beckhams3Fingers

I just want to hold on to my Ravens D 5 pts and get the F out of here… and hope the Bears games is insanely epic. Oh, and I live in Chicago so there’s that too :D

• Beckhams3Fingers

Oops wrong forum my bad!

• DirkDigglerz

Finally! DeMarre Carroll getting some steals.. those where the steals I’m hoping for the other night .
    edit: SMH they took it away credited it to D Russ

• Trappist1

@Beckhams3Fingers said...

That science is based on cash games, specifically double ups, not GPPs. Not applicable :)

There’s no theorem that will solve the GPP equation. Too much luck involved.

If you watch the whole presentation/read the whole article then you will see it all, cash games and GPP. Actually, they also use regression to model what opponents will do in tournaments. They plan to do further academic research on the subject and one to follow

• SpockJ

Ingram -1 fantasy points in over 10 minutes.

• jayzee666

@SpockJ said...

Ingram -1 fantasy points in over 10 minutes.

Snowflaking hard on him and the Lakers. I strike again.
    This is just too easy for me!!

• noddy

@Trappist1 said...

If you watch the whole presentation/read the whole article then you will see it all, cash games and GPP. Actually, they also use regression to model what opponents will do in tournaments. They plan to do further academic research on the subject and one to follow

is it worth watching?

• noddy

@jayzee666 said...

Snowflaking hard on him and the Lakers. I strike again.
    This is just too easy for me!!

you gotta cash some nights right?

• Wynter12

I’m always amazed how players have a string of average to great performances until I play them

• DirkDigglerz

Sheeeesh VUC and KAT pairing is a killer
    VUC is basilly Jokic level now on DFS

• jayzee666

@Trappist1 said...

I hear there is this phenomenon called the jayzee snowflaking effect that has proven 99.5% accurate. No studies needed, it is a naturally occurring action like gravity!

• JSteele

I have a different snowflake phenomenon where I will pick 7 players who start off great and finish pretty high and one person who does absolutely nothing. I recently had Ayton against the clips and Malik Monk when he got hurt and i’m sure countless other situations.

• jayzee666

@noddy said...

you gotta cash some nights right?

I had a 4 game winning streak on Yahoo that ended about 10 days ago. Haven’t come close since. No wins before that.
    DK is a complete blizzard everynight.
    FD only when they give freebies.
    Another 3 weeks and I should get a $3-$4 cash and then back to the flakes.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler