7:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 1.5 ) at Indiana ( -1.5 ) —- T: 214
    7:30 PM EST : Toronto ( -7.5 ) at Brooklyn ( 7.5 ) —- T: 218
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( -5 ) at Chicago ( 5 ) —- T: 221
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 0 ) at New Orleans ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( -1 ) at Minnesota ( 1 ) —- T: 220
    10:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 0 ) at Sacramento ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 4 ) at LA Clippers ( -4 ) —- T: 212.5
    10:30 PM EST : Denver ( 0 ) at Golden St ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• jglumsic

@upgradetoquestionable said...

Thinking this may be the game Bobby Portis hits it big. Might play small and fast which may keep him on the floor a little longer. Thoughts on Portis at 4.4?

Im trying to play the roulette on the PF’s for the bulls. So i think i will have some portis at his price

• Sixers610

Thinking this may be the game Bobby Portis hits it big. Might play small and fast which may keep him on the floor a little longer. Thoughts on Portis at 4.4?

I like portis.. he’s in my first draft

• elmore0631

I like Mirotic who actually got a price drop of 1k.

• elmore0631

@elementasrat said...

If Durant is out, they probably get blown out. So…. Mudiay?

Mudiay… he’s not seen the floor since coming back from injury… a blowout is a reach and so is Mudiay.

• tmarohl

@thirdstringtalent said...

How do we get ABC from that last name?

You don’t. You get it from the fact that he has every letter of the alphabet in his name. Hence the nickname – “The Alphabet”, also known as ABC’s.

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

Happy New Year! Hope you all did better than I did over the holidays, traveling with limited research sank me. Should’ve refrained from playing but…oh well. Prices continue to tighten, but here’s tonight’s early look Yahoo value plays:

Andrew Iguodala or David West $10 – Iggy and Durant’s status is still a bit up in the air, but if Durant sits and Iggy starts, he should be a lock as the last 2 games he’s started with Durant out he’s returned 2.1 and 3.1 X. If by some chance Green also sits, PF vs DEN appears to be a thing and West has averaged 1.6 FPPM over the last 5 and should hit easily hit 2X with anything greater than ~13 minutes.

Cory Joseph $10 – Joseph is killing it with 2.1X in 4 of the last 5 games. 2 games ago against MIL he put up 28.4 FP in 32 minutes of play. He’ll likely see minutes closer to 25 tonight with Oladipo back but still has a solid shot at 2X.

Joe Harris $10 – With Caroll out, Harris could get a start tonight. The matchup isn’t great. Last game vs TOR he scored a measly 9.4 in 30 minutes. That said, he’s hit 2.1X in 3 of the last 5, is taking 7+ shots a game, and should see around 30 minutes which are exactly the type of stats we want in a value play.

Misc – Watch the Clippers news, if Milos sits again one of Evans or Wallace is worth a look. Watch the SAC news on Hill/Randolph as it puts Fox/Skal in play.

Good luck!

I was worried about you Frugal. Thought you fell off the face of the earth. Welcome back!

• frugal

@tmarohl said...

I was worried about you Frugal. Thought you fell off the face of the earth. Welcome back!

Thanks man!

• elmore0631

if Randolph sits, look @ Koufos played him last game he got the minutes and is actually an active player on the court.

• tmarohl

@elmore0631 said...

if Randolph sits, look @ Koufos played him last game he got the minutes and is actually an active player on the court.

I’m pretty sure Randolph is going to play. He mist last game because of a dental procedure.

• xat3x

Anyone like kevin love?

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

Ok…Dunn is still a nice pivot on FD if you have a lineup you like where you need the $400 savings. Dunn occasionally duds, yet it’s usually on a back to back 3 in 4 type situation, so Lowry has a better floor. Yet if you lineup their last 10 games Dunn has outscored Lowry in 6 of them, so he got the upside.

Yet I understand if you don’t think the upside is there tonight with CP3 defense, which still may be a thing. Yet points guards still doing well versus Houston…could be the pace giving extra peripherals.

Yeah , I get all that . Made about 12 between both sites and Lowry in like 3 so far from core play. Have no Dunn but have some Holiday , esp on dk , markanen and like valentine a little and 1 mirotic on each .

• zigger77

@tmarohl said...

I’m pretty sure Randolph is going to play. He mist last game because of a dental procedure.

His dental procedures have made him miss like 2 games its very weird

• Njsum1

@elmore0631 said...

I agree that when koufos is given the minutes he’s very productive and the 3400 price is nice. Last game Skal got 16 minutes and koufos got 24…before that it was Skal with 28 and koufos with like 12. Plus zebo back to complicate an already messy situation. If you’re liking koufos go with it, as I think everyone should always go with their gut, yet I might dial expectations back a bit.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

@xat3x said...

Anyone like kevin love?

Have him in a couple. No liking those minutes lately though but expect close game and c on fd not exciting. Like DJ but price up there now .

• jglumsic

@zigger77 said...

His dental procedures have made him miss like 2 games its very weird

Dude must be crazy drugged up to miss that many games for dental

• jtkucheck

@elementasrat said...

If Durant is out, they probably get blown out. So…. Mudiay?

Wait… are you saying GSW gets blown out by Denver if Durant doesn’t play?

• zigger77

@jglumsic said...

We know he really likes his weed.

• zigger77

Mirotic doubtful vs rockets very very interesting.

• tmarohl

@jglumsic said...

Ever have a root canal? Not saying that is what he had, but you have to be very careful with the mouth for about 5 days until they can fit it with a crown.

• RussTbird

Any advice for picking sub 4K guys…they have been killing my LU’s lately. Trying to look at numbers/projections etc. but is it just hoping a scrub hits? I know injury seems to be where to start looking for boosts, but I just can’t seem to pick the right dudes under 4K. My balanced lineups do Ok, but then I get screwed on a C.Lee or something + the scrubs and I’m out of cash…thanks.

• tmarohl

@jtkucheck said...

Wait… are you saying GSW gets blown out by Denver if Durant doesn’t play?

That is why he doesn’t win often :)

• tmarohl

@zigger77 said...

Where you seeing that? Edit nevermind, just came across my feed.

• americanpaleale

Mirotic doubtful now.

• gillio

@zigger77 said...

All the Portis

• jglumsic

@tmarohl said...

Ever have a root canal? Not saying that is what he had, but you have to be very careful with the mouth for about 5 days until they can fit it with a crown.

I havent but ive heard those things are brutal if thats what he had then its understandable.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).