7:00 PM EST : Indiana ( -10.5 ) at Cleveland ( 10.5 ) —- T: 207.5
    7:00 PM EST : Washington ( 0 ) at Philadelphia ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 14.5 ) at Toronto ( -14.5 ) —- T: 228.5
    7:30 PM EST : Denver ( 1.5 ) at Miami ( -1.5 ) —- T: 209.5
    8:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 8 ) at Okla City ( -8 ) —- T: 226.5
    9:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 0 ) at Phoenix ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 6.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -6.5 ) —- T: 230
    10:30 PM EST : New York ( 18 ) at Golden State ( -18 ) —- T: 230

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Njsum1

@wafic said...

I’ve played Anderson a lot this year. He’s been mostly good for me. And then last night he’s priced up to 5200 in a dream match-up against the Pelicans and didn’t show up. Didn’t see the game to know why really. Just have to accept it. Deandre Jordan is another one who’s burned me in 2 of the last 3 and i went back to the well last night and he paid off. Just never know. Gotta play the good plays. They are not always gonna work out. That’s when your gut comes into play. I missed on DK. On Yahoo did well and if i didnt have Anderson in that LU, I might’ve taken down a GPP.

You got to have a short memory when it comes to DFS…haha. However, there are certain guys I find more predictable than others. For example, I’ve played Deandre Jordan heavy this year and have captured a lot of his big games for cheap, while missing most of his duds. I’ve been at this 4 years now, and I do believe, in some cases, I’m better at predicting big games for certain players than others.

However, when a player burns me often enough, I become hesitant, even when I know I should play him. I usually don’t completely fade, yet I might go lighter than I otherwise would if it was a player I’ve had more success with.

• SpockJ

Going 100 percent on VC with Toronto homecoming and major spread

• Wooden_Bones

@SpockJ said...

Two free 50 point squares from Simmons and Beal. I’ll eat Melton chalk if Booker is out, maybe a couple Josh Jackson. Wiggins and Teague good combo.

50 pts for a guy at 8900 and a guy at 9100 wouldn’t be “free squares”. That’s not even reaching the value you’d want (I’m talking in tournaments). I’d want each to hit around 54/55 pts.

• wafic

@Njsum1 said...

You got to have a short memory when it comes to DFS…haha. However, there are certain guys I find more predictable than others. For example, I’ve played Deandre Jordan heavy this year and have captured a lot of his big games for cheap, while missing most of his duds. I’ve been at this 4 years now, and I do believe, in some cases, I’m better at predicting big games for certain players than others.

However, when a player burns me often enough, I become hesitant, even when I know I should play him. I usually don’t completely fade, yet I might go lighter than I otherwise would if it was a player I’ve had more success with.

For sure you have to have a short memory. Otherwise, this is what will happen – a guy will burn you, you don’t play him next time out, he goes off, so you play him in that 3rd game, and he burns you again. There are times where I definitely have a feel on a player. For me it’s D. Russel – I usually know when he’s gonna go off and on the Knicks because I watch so much of them. Guys who I usually don’t get right – Hassan Whiteside and Miami Heat players in general. Trae Young always sucks for me. Reggie Jackson too. There are some guys I’m just not gonna play because i hate them. When i play a guy i hate and he burns me its more tilting than anything so rather just stay away.

• Briancobb33

I feel like Tristan Thompson has got be in play if you think he will get full run. Sabonis is not very good defensively compared to Turner and could easily see TT smashing.

• DfsBopBooth

@Briancobb33 said...

I feel like Tristan Thompson has got be in play if you think he will get full run. Sabonis is not very good defensively compared to Turner and could easily see TT smashing.

Love TT tonight.

• JSteele

I wasn’t able to play yesterday so I missed out on most of any news that might have happened. I know Thibs got fired and Booker got hurt but that was about it. Anything else I missed?

• gaelicgirl

Per Bovada:
    Wizards at 76ers (-8.5) — T: 227
    Kings (-2.5) at Suns — T: 231

• Njsum1

@wafic said...

Otherwise, this is what will happen – a guy will burn you, you don’t play him next time out, he goes off, so you play him in that 3rd game, and he burns you again

Haha…that’s a lesson I learned ago. Either play him or don’t. Don’t alternate as what you said is exactly what will happen. I usually give a guy 2 chances to avoid that situation.

For example, if Kyle Anderson finds himself in another good spot at a good price, I’ll give him a go, yet if he fails me again, he’s relegated to one off status. For its then at the point where i have to admit, I’m just not good a predicting this guy and I’d just rather find a big game elsewhere then let the same guy burn me again.

This was the first time Anderson got me this season, so I’m open to forgiveness 😁
    Yet historically, unless he’s playing the warriors, I either stay away or get a dud.

• TrustinthePlan

Regarding the Simmons/Beal discussion, its a question of will the game stay competitive enough for Beal to get his. Seems like lately in blowouts they still keep Simmons and Embiid well into the 4th quarter.

Also looking at the NY/GS game, wonder who is going to get blowout minutes in that one. Dotson/Trier?

• Ronboogie6

Should we be chasing Nance? Had 2 very good games against the pacers (39 fpts in 23 min and 53 in 33) and minutes should be in the 30s right? At 5800 I can’t see him killing your lu.

• JSteele

@Ronboogie6 said...

Should we be chasing Nance? Had 2 very good games against the pacers (39 fpts in 23 min and 53 in 33) and minutes should be in the 30s right? At 5800 I can’t see him killing your lu.

I think those were without Tristan Thompson right? I think Nance loses a lot playing PF as opposed to C

• Njsum1

@DfsBopBooth said...

Love TT tonight.

Maybe give a nance a look tonight.

• monarch

@dpalltheway said...

Gary Harris was pulled for the 4th quarter yesterday because of a hamstring. For whatever reason, this isn’t on the injury report but I wouldn’t be surprised if he sat tonight.

Thanks. That would be a major boost for Beasley. I hope we get some info

• Njsum1

@JSteele said...

I think those were without Tristan Thompson right? I think Nance loses a lot playing PF as opposed to C

This is true, yet one of those games TT played. Sabonis is a good offensive center, if he gets TT into foul trouble we already know what nance could do with him off the floor.

• Briancobb33

@Ronboogie6 said...

I feel like Nance is almost always in play at this price point. I just wonder if the Pacers play smaller with Turner out or maybe even start O’Quinn and bring Sabonis off the bench like usual. If they start two bigs he should get plenty of burn and hes capable of stuffing the stat sheet even if he only gets 25ish minutes.

• mrjredoak

@Njsum1 said...

Definitely give O’quinn a look tonight. I don’t think Turner plays and he went 9.4X on FD in only 17 mins against Toronto.

• Njsum1

@Briancobb33 said...

I feel like Nance is almost always in play at this price point. I just wonder if the Pacers play smaller with Turner out or maybe even start O’Quinn and bring Sabonis off the bench like usual. If they start two bigs he should get plenty of burn and hes capable of stuffing the stat sheet even if he only gets 25ish minutes.

IMO…TT and Nance are both one offs and not staple plays tonight.

• JSteele

I really like Kawhi tonight. I think the 14.5 point spread might scare some people off of him but its the Hawks and I don’t typically think of 14 points as a blowout, he would still get full run if Vegas is right about this one. Hawks kind of matchup well with the Raptors, where their best offensive spot comes in the front court with Collins, where the Raptors are weakest defensively.

• Njsum1

@mrjredoak said...

Definitely give O’quinn a look tonight. I don’t think Turner plays and he went 9.4X on FD in only 17 mins against Toronto.

I always play O Quinn, when turner or Sabonis are out. However, he’s up to 3500 from 3k, and he’s only going to see around 17 minutes. Yet if the game blows out and he sees 20 to 24, it could be a 30 burger. Maybe 40, maaaybeee

• JSteele

Gortat is 4.6k on DK but he’s been putting up good numbers the last few

• monarch

@JSteele said...

Gortat is 4.6k on DK but he’s been putting up good numbers the last few

I looked at him. His best games were against legit bigs…I think they like him for his defense and general annoyance. I dont think he is needed vs Biyombo.

• JSteele

@monarch said...

I looked at him. His best games were against legit bigs…I think they like him for his defense and general annoyance. I dont think he is needed vs Biyombo.

Are you saying they release the Boban tonight?

• sinker

Quinn Cook and Aaron Holiday punts to consider

• DfsBopBooth

@Njsum1 said...

Playing Thad tonight. He’s been playing well

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).