7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 6 ) at New Orleans ( -6 ) — T: 217
    7:30 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 2.5 ) at New York ( -2.5 ) — T: 208.5
    8:00 PM EST : Orlando( 5.5 ) at Houston ( -5.5 ) — T: 227
    8:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 4.5 ) at Memphis ( -4.5 ) — T:
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( 6 ) at Milwaukee ( -6 ) — T: 232.5
    10:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -5.5 ) at Sacramento ( 5.5 ) — T: 226.5
    10:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -4.5 ) at Golden State ( 4.5 ) — T: 232.5
    10:00 PM EST : Chicago ( ) at LA Lakers ( ) — T:

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• got9forya

really gonna need that Wood news so we can all flock back to Cousins lol

• monarch

Apparently the slate before last when I went 95 percent Trae he got into it with John Collins the day before and chose to make a statement going 1-6 from the field in a loss to the Hornets.

• fleishmo6

Will Theis be the only Celtics big man against Washington?

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

Russell Westbrook (finger) not on injury report Friday. https://t.co/S1M9mwlJsT

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

Tristan Thompson facing 7-day quarantine. https://t.co/1iIFGiKK8H

Robert Williams facing 7-day quarantine. https://t.co/rMOj8YK6BW

Grant Williams facing 7-day quarantine. https://t.co/tfCjrVWBjm

****Update: Carsen Edwards (health protocols) available to play Friday. https://t.co/dpWZCJjYJJ

• monarch

@fleishmo6 said...

I think Semi Ojeleye can play some minutes vs the Wizards if TT, RWIII and Grant Williams were to miss.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

@Ace15 said...

Joe Harris is too scoring reliant i.e needs to hit his jumpshot if that’s not falling he’s not getting there. Caris can still get there even if his shot isn’t falling. I’ll probably be wrong so load up on Harris!

I would normally agree but he sure was active last night with the bench unit. 19 shots with 6 boards, 4 assists, and a steal

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

@fleishmo6 said...

Tacko Friday?

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

Update: Carsen Edwards (health protocols) available to play Friday. https://t.co/dpWZCJjYJJ

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

Tristan Thompson receives quarantine of at least 7 days. https://t.co/tM8CaSlGee

Grant Williams receives quarantine of at least 7 days. https://t.co/zqxpUlh6ph

Robert Williams receives quarantine of at least 7 days. https://t.co/0mLdpJ9RyO

• gameofgames

Is there a chance that brooklyn can’t take the court tonight?

• dominicanpapi

@gameofgames said...

Is there a chance that brooklyn can’t take the court tonight?

It’s possible. The Celtics-Wizards and Nets-Grizzlies are candidates to be postponed. It wouldn’t shock me if they set up a bubble in the near future.

• tmarohl

Adam Himmelsbach
    @AdamHimmelsbach
    ·
    30s
    According to a league source, Robert Williams was the lone Celtics player to test positive for COVID-19 and has been asymptomatic. Tristan Thompson and Grant Williams are out for contact tracing.

• Njsum1

@dominicanpapi said...

It’s possible. The Celtics-Wizards and Nets-Grizzlies are candidates to be postponed. It wouldn’t shock me if they set up a bubble in the near future.

Enjoy it while it lasts lady and gentlemen. Hopefully, the protocols work, as I highly doubt they’ll be any kind of regular season bubble. Maybe for the playoffs, maybe

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

Robert Williams tested positive for COVID-19. https://t.co/MTPa2rmwcE

• tmarohl

@Njsum1 said...

Enjoy it while it lasts lady and gentlemen. Hopefully, the protocols work, as I highly doubt they’ll be any kind of regular season bubble. Maybe for the playoffs, maybe

Personally, I think the hope from the league is that they can get most of the regular season in, but it would not surprise me that in the end if a lot of games just end up being never made up if postponed, unless there are significant playoff seeding ramifications.

I believe the league plans to plod on and get everything wrapped up in time for the Olympics.

I think they were hoping that by the time the playoffs roll around that the country would be mostly vaccinated and Covid-19 would not be the issue that it currently is, and they would be playing in front of mostly full arenas in front of their own fans.

What I am curious about because I don’t know, is if you have had Covid and recovered, even if you have immunity, can you pick up the virus again and be a spreader? I have seen no research on this, but my guess is the league either thinks so, or are being extra precautious, because we know guys like Durant have had it, and are now in quarantine because they were exposed to a positive individual.

• monarch

I will try and not be on the Theis chalk. Jayson Tatum has to see a minutes boost here though.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

I will try and not be on the Theis chalk. Jayson Tatum has to see a minutes boost here though.

Think he plays more than his normal 40?

• Ace15

Who’s stopping Julius Randle? Locked into 35+ minutes. Still too cheap.

• jdtrey

Bring on the fun!

Kyrie Irving (personal reasons) is not traveling to Memphis for Friday’s game, Joe Vardon of The Athletic reports.

“He’s not coming,” a source told Vardon. This is bizarre to say the least and coach Steve Nash said he reached out to Kyrie and hasn’t heard back. Nothing surprises us with Kyrie and we may have to wait until Nash speaks again on Friday before we get any more clarity on the situation. Look for Caris LeVert and Joe Harris to carry the load on offense again after combining for 50 points Thursday night.

~

Michael Porter Jr. is facing a minimum of 10 additional quarantine days due to health and safety protocols, Shams Charania reports.

Wow. MPJ just completed a 7-day quarantine, but is now facing an “additional quarantine period in the 10 to 14-day range,” Shams adds. This is a brutal blow for fantasy managers as MPJ has been putting up first-round value. With MPJ out, JaMychal Green will continue to see an uptick in minutes and has played much better than Paul Millsap, and maybe this will allow Will Barton to get himself going.

~

Joel Embiid sat next to Seth Curry (COVID-19) in the first quarter of Thursday’s game vs. Brooklyn.

The 76ers were unaware that Curry had a positive test until the first quarter, so he was immediately removed from the bench and is now in isolation. Embiid said he plans to self-quarantine from his family until he is satisfied he didn’t contract the virus, and the 76ers stayed overnight in New York so that they could do their contact tracing on Friday morning. Embiid and possibly some other 76ers could miss time, so stay tuned.

• dominicanpapi

@tmarohl said...

Personally, I think the hope from the league is that they can get most of the regular season in, but it would not surprise me that in the end if a lot of games just end up being never made up if postponed, unless there are significant playoff seeding ramifications.

I believe the league plans to plod on and get everything wrapped up in time for the Olympics.

I think they were hoping that by the time the playoffs roll around that the country would be mostly vaccinated and Covid-19 would not be the issue that it currently is, and they would be playing in front of mostly full arenas in front of their own fans.

What I am curious about because I don’t know, is if you have had Covid and recovered, even if you have immunity, can you pick up the virus again and be a spreader? I have seen no research on this, but my guess is the league either thinks so, or are being extra precautious, because we know guys like Durant have had it, and are now in quarantine because they were exposed to a positive individual.

My brother in law got it the 2nd time and gave it to my sister. Extremely small sample size but there are cases where folks have gotten it twice.

I think they should have started the season in January in a bubble, and then re-evaluated where things stood in like March and go from there.

• chrisbanas

Just realized blake is only 5.5k on fanduel

• gaelicgirl

Game total for Bulls/Lakers currently 224.5 at Bovada with Lakers -9.5, FWIW

• NarrowJ

Celtics will have still enough guys for a regular rotation. I think Ojeleye likely starts, but not sure how much he plays. He did get 30 minutes a couple of games ago when guys were out. Theis will probably play a lot of minutes (32-34?) and then either Tacko picks up the rest or they go small some.

• tmarohl

@chrisbanas said...

Just realized blake is only 5.5k on fanduel

If you have seen him play you would know why.
    Just watched him against the Bucks the other night.
    He has been reduced to a long range chucker.
    He can’t play defense as he doesn’t have the lateral motion, people just go around him.
    He can’t rebound because he can’t jump.
    So there will be nights when he gets hot and hit’s some threes and puts up a respectable line. However, I will not go near him.
    He should be priced near the minimum.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).