NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 4 ) at New York ( -4 ) —- T: 215.5
    8:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 1.5 ) at Chicago ( -1.5 ) —- T: 208
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 5 ) at Minnesota ( -5 ) —- T: 196

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• mrkoven

bogut or motie for a C punt tho?

• Fant8syBr38ker

@draped said...

ill do a 10$ h2h. samdrap DK send me a request

ok

• eipsallig

Any love for Abrines tonight?

• Fant8syBr38ker

@tmarohl said...

I will play you head to head if you promise to play Rondo and I will promise to play Grant.

yeah sure. ill send it soon.

• tmarohl

@Fant8syBr38ker said...

yeah sure. ill send it soon.

FD or DK? I prefer FD but can do either.

• dgballer

@Fant8syBr38ker said...

H2h me then scrub. I dont comment cause most of you ppl are wannabee DFS players, let me know if your willing to put your money where your attitude is

And you have to roster Rondo?

• Fant8syBr38ker

Dk, im not playing cash on FD tonight.

• Fant8syBr38ker

@dgballer said...

And you have to roster Rondo?

yeah i will have rondo unless some news comes out that Says butler is playing

• Vanco

Wonder if the Bulls considered burying the Rondo bobbleheads in a landfill. Then 20 years from now the stash would be as mysterious as the buried Atari ET game cartridges.

• superstars92

@Fant8syBr38ker said...

Do you people even play basketball? Like there is no way in hell that they should not run Rondo out there tonight with no
    Butler. It would be like Durant and Curry sitting out on the Warriors and then Steve Kerr saying “Draymond and Klay, you guys are benched tonight”. If Rondo doesnt get run tonight, then the coach should be fired, Im from Chicago and I already cant stand that guy.

Wait did you just compare like the relative difference of Rondo and Butler to the relative difference of Draymond and Steph? Rondo sucks at basketball. He’s been overrated his entire career. I guess he was ok early on in Boston, but he wasn’t anywhere near a star. Anyone can look good when you have 3 hall of famers on your team. Even last year, when he lead the league in assists, he was a net negative on the court with the Kings (Collison + Cousins was better than Rondo + Cousins). It’s easy to rack up a ton of assists when you hold the ball for like 20 seconds and then pass it to your teammate and let him shoot it. Sometimes he makes it and you get the assist, but most times, it’s a wasted offensive possession. I remember tons of times in which Rondo would literally pass up the easy shot to try and get an assist, which might boost his stats but it hurts his team.

MCW literally can put up the same stats as Rondo (and he has when he has gotten the same usage and run) except he doesn’t have an attitude problem. Both are garbage players though from a team aspect if you want your team to compete for a championship. I’ll rather have someone like Malcolm Brogdon over them anytime.

• frugal

@Fant8syBr38ker said...

Do you people even play basketball? Like there is no way in hell that they should not run Rondo out there tonight with no
    Butler. It would be like Durant and Curry sitting out on the Warriors and then Steve Kerr saying “Draymond and Klay, you guys are benched tonight”. If Rondo doesnt get run tonight, then the coach should be fired, Im from Chicago and I already cant stand that guy.

I don’t know for sure if Rondo will or will not play, but Butler in/out doesn’t really have any impact at all on Rondo’s playing time. Butler being out will most directly impact Wade who will get a healthy usage bump and also McDermott and Mirotic one of which will start in his place and both of which will get an uptick in minutes as they will need more scoring with Butler out. I’d likely look at Grant even before Rondo tonight.

• Tammy409

@wcuball29 said...

Happy Birthday Terrence Jones! Sorry Donatas had to swoop in and kill any value you had.

Thanks as I was all-in on Donatas Sat and again tonight.

• tmarohl

@Fant8syBr38ker said...

Sounds good I will do DK

• nateW

Is it really Rondo bobblehead night? That would be very weird if he wasn’t in the starting lineup.

• Ipt007

@Vanco said...

Wonder if the Bulls considered burying the Rondo bobbleheads in a landfill. Then 20 years from now the stash would be as mysterious as the buried Atari ET game cartridges.

LOL. That was a cool documentary.

• Fant8syBr38ker

@superstars92 said...

Wait did you just compare like the relative difference of Rondo and Butler to the relative difference of Draymond and Steph? Rondo sucks at basketball. He’s been overrated his entire career. I guess he was ok early on in Boston, but he wasn’t anywhere near a star. Anyone can look good when you have 3 hall of famers on your team. Even last year, when he lead the league in assists, he was a net negative on the court with the Kings (Collison + Cousins was better than Rondo + Cousins). It’s easy to rack up a ton of assists when you hold the ball for like 20 seconds and then pass it to your teammate and let him shoot it. Sometimes he makes it and you get the assist, but most times, it’s a wasted offensive possession. I remember tons of times in which Rondo would literally pass up the easy shot to try and get an assist, which might boost his stats but it hurts his team.

MCW literally can put up the same stats as Rondo (and he has when he has gotten the same usage and run) except he doesn’t have an attitude problem. Both are garbage players though from a team aspect if you want your team to compete for a championship. I’ll rather have someone like Malcolm Brogdon over them anytime.

I started reading this and then when you started talking about Cousins, I got bored. Im telling you that DFS is a game of risk, and im telling you I am willing to take a “risk” and roster him in Cash or GPPs for the simple fact that even if he gets 10 minutes of court time, then he can it value. Rondo is not overrated, he is prob won of the most underrated PGs in the NBA and gets no respect cause of his attitude. Just because these NBA coaches are mad cause they cant walk into a team and expect to be coaching a Lebron or a Jordan, In good coaching you mold the players, the players don’t mold you.

• digglahhh

@superstars92 said...

MCW literally can put up the same stats as Rondo (and he has when he has gotten the same usage and run) except he doesn’t have an attitude problem.

This!

Rondo shouldn’t be getting DNP-CD-ed, based on talent level. But, he is a bottom 10 starting PG in the league. If he’d be willing to embrace the role, he actually could be a very nice bench piece on a contender.

He’s always been considered a jerk, and his level of play just isn’t enough for people to have to put up with it anymore.

He was a plus player earlier in his career. The style of the NBA game has evolved since then, in a way that doesn’t benefit Rondo. He also played very hard on defense when he was younger. Since then, a combination of injuries and lack of effort have left him as a poor defensive player too.

I’m not going to deny that he had moments in his early career, especially in that playoff series against Lebron. But, in 2017, Rajon Rondo is just not good enough to be the starting PG on a playoff team. So, if he’s gonna be a jerk on top of that, he’s gonna run himself out of the league.

And, re: the trade thing – he’s not an asset. If anybody offered the Bulls a second round pick for him, they’d ship him out before the other team had a chance to reconsider the offer.

• yanks250125

why don’t all you scrubs join me in a league on FD. free 19 person league main slate

• tmarohl

@digglahhh said...

This!

Rondo shouldn’t be getting DNP-CD-ed, based on talent level. But, he is a bottom 10 starting PG in the league. He’s always been considered a jerk, and his level of play just isn’t enough for people to have to put up with it anymore.

He was a plus player earlier in his career. The style of the NBA game has evolved since then, in a way that doesn’t benefit Rondo. He also played very hard on defense when he was younger. Since then, a combination of injuries and lack of effort have left him as a poor defensive player too.

I’m not going to deny that he had moments in his early career, especially in that playoff series against Lebron. But, in 2017, Rajon Rondo is just not good enough to be the starting PG on a playoff team. So, if he’s gonna be a jerk on top of that, he’s gonna run himself out of the league.

And, re: the trade thing – he’s not an asset. If anybody offered the Bulls a second round pick for him, they’d ship him out before the other team had a chance to reconsider the offer.

Agree – no one is going to pay Rondo 28 million over the next two years. Only the Bulls were stupid enough to do that.

• DirkDigglerz

@yanks250125 said...

why don’t all you scrubs join me in a league on FD. free 19 person league main slate

haha

• mbunner23

@digglahhh said...

This!

Rondo shouldn’t be getting DNP-CD-ed, based on talent level. But, he is a bottom 10 starting PG in the league. If he’d be willing to embrace the role, he actually could be a very nice bench piece on a contender.

He’s always been considered a jerk, and his level of play just isn’t enough for people to have to put up with it anymore.

Rondo isn’t a top 20 point guard in the league even when he’s starting.

• djones6273

Best minimum priced punt play on DK tonight? Leaning towards Galloway or Motiejunas, anyone think there are better options for the minimum?

• superstars92

@Fant8syBr38ker said...

I started reading this and then when you started talking about Cousins, I got bored. Im telling you that DFS is a game of risk, and im telling you I am willing to take a “risk” and roster him in Cash or GPPs for the simple fact that even if he gets 10 minutes of court time, then he can it value. Rondo is not overrated, he is prob won of the most underrated PGs in the NBA and gets no respect cause of his attitude. Just because these NBA coaches are mad cause they cant walk into a team and expect to be coaching a Lebron or a Jordan, In good coaching you mold the players, the players don’t mold you.

Wait are we talking about DFS or real basketball here? I agree in DFS Rondo can be good. I said that in my post. He literally hunts for stats, so I am sure he can put up massive numbers if he gets enough minutes and if he’s engaged. I don’t doubt if he plays like 25 minutes, he can do something like 8/8/8.

In real basketball though, Rondo sucks. I mean he is a PG who cannot shoot more than 10 feet away from the basketball. I am probably better at shooting FTs than him, which is kinda sad. Every 3 pointer he takes is wide open (because people leave him open on purpose), and he’s still a career 29% 3 point shooter. His defense has been horrible ever since he left the Celtics. You can use the eye-test, statistics, or whatever, but I think that is obvious. I mean if you don’t to believe what I am saying that is fine. You can ask Doc Rivers, Brad Stevens, Rick Carlisle, George Karl, Fred Hoiberg, the Celtics, Mavs, Kings, and Bulls organizations. Literally, all of these coaches have gave up on Rondo and benched him/shipped him out, so clearly, I am not alone. His stats might seem still ok, but like I said, he literally hunts for these stats. It’s easy to average 10 assists a game when you hold the ball for 20 seconds stalling the offense. Steph could easily average 12 assists a game if he played the same style Rondo played.

The Bulls made a huge mistake (which was obvious from the beginning) by signing Rondo. Their superstar is Jimmy Butler. Look at what Westbrook is doing for the Thunder or what Harden is doing for the Rockets. They should have put Butler in the Harden like role. Give him the ball at all times (which they are doing more of now that they benched the ballhog Rondo), surround him with shooters, and let him operate. They would be a top 3 team in the East if they signed like 2 shooters and a decent C around Butler rather than Wade/Rondo. Look at what the Bulls have done in the recent games without Rondo (and even in the ones without Wade/Rondo). It’s all about Butler, and he’s the guy who makes or breaks Chicago. They never should have brought Rondo along. Any shooter would have been better than Rondo.

If you are just talking about DFS, I completely, 100% agree that Rondo is very good for DFS because in DFS, it’s about getting stats.

• jukebox9988

The problem with Rondo is he cannot shot and this is turning into a point forward league. He is ranked almost worst in the league in FG% for guards. LOL MCW is 2nd to last ahead of Andrew Harrison. Giving the ball to Jimmy makes Rondo useless.

HE and MCW are exactly the same. Might as well play the younger player. Bulls need a true scoring PG and they could make it to the finals.

• billholler

@Fant8syBr38ker said...

That translates to…“I talk tough on the interwebs but I’m actually broke”.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).