NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 4 ) at New York ( -4 ) —- T: 215.5
    8:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 1.5 ) at Chicago ( -1.5 ) —- T: 208
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 5 ) at Minnesota ( -5 ) —- T: 196

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• lfn1992

Uh oh guys is it Joakim Noah bobblehead night in the Garden?

• digglahhh

@tmarohl said...

It’s not only Giannis, but it is the fact that Parker is much better than last year. He has developed a pretty decent three point shot. Bucks have the potential to be really good in a year or two assuming Giannis and Parker keep improving and if Middleton can come back and be as good as he was before. Add in Brogdon who has been a pleasant surprise, and I could see them challenging Cleveland for Eastern Conference Finals in a year or two.

If somebody were to ask, which East team do you think will be the next to make an NBA Finals without having Lebron James on its roster, the Bucks would not be a totally crazy answer IMO. Maybe not the favorite in that scenario, but they have a conceivable path there that does not require signing superstar free agents, which is basically more than the vast majority of East teams can say.

• Cocomilk

@superstars92 said...

Yea haha let’s not talk about Rondo. I just wanted to give Jimmy Butler some credit (I didn’t actually care about Rondo but wanted to just point out Butler deserves better teammates). Butler deserves so much more in Chicago. I think he is good enough so that with the right players surrounding him and the right schemes, the Bulls can be the second best team in the East (unless Giannis continues to make quantum leaps).

Well for DK, obviously, if Butler is out, Wade becomes like the top play. Mirotic/Grant/MCW/McDermott/Taj would all be secondary beneficiaries. I’m probably not going to pick any T-wolves player for my cash game because the Mavs play with an extremely slow pace. That probably means I will be choosing at least one of Melo/Porzingis. I think both have decent matchups tonight. Melo is extremely low priced on DK.

I can’t imagine who they can reasonably surround him with to be better than the bucks when Middleton’s back

• krazyju84

Let’s stop trashing Rondo. Makes me sad to read all these negative comments about one of my favorite PG of all time. Dude was phenomenal at Boston, so much grit and heart, played through injuries that most wouldn’t. Still only 30 years old, hope he find a team soon.

Chicago Bulls is a mess, and without going in depth, IMO Fred Hoiberg is one of the worst coaches in the league.

All the talk about playing Rondo because Butler is out seems like it just donating money, unless there is news that Rondo would get some run tonight.

• dunbarnation

Wow. This forum has gone in flames over this Rondo debate. It’s really simple. I was just saying that I am making a lineup with him pending Butler being out due to bobblehead night and the trade rumors. If he doesn’t play, it doesn’t really hurt. It is one $4 lineup. However, if he does play, all of a sudden, he is the best value play on the board (in DFS terms).

There is a 98% chance that he won’t play but weird things do happen. Remember that Greg Monroe was getting DNPs and no minutes for 10 games in a row while Kidd was playing mind games with his rotation (he still is playing mind games… just less this year lol).

• chronoxiong

Lol at the discussion about Rondo. I will be shocked if Hoiberg decides to let Rondo play tonight. The guy just can not shoot to save his life.

• KindGuy

I’m gonna be in tears from laughter if the DAL-MIN games to OT or more and everyone has exposure to only NOP-NYK and OKC-CHI

• dunbarnation

@elementasrat said...

I’m gonna be in tears from laughter if the DAL-MIN games to OT or more and everyone has exposure to only NOP-NYK and OKC-CHI

Yeah I just made a stack of that game for kicks and giggles lol..

• dominicanpapi

So if Butler sits, wouldn’t that put Roberson on Wade? Are we counting on Wade to help win a GPP at 6200 on FD? I may just go Oladipo and Hield, or even Matthews where Lavine has a negative DPRM.

• WidumBoise

The names, Ricky.

Ricky Ricardo-Rubio.

• WidumBoise

Hield or McDermott in cash if Butler sits?

Wade or Oladipo in cash if Butler sits?

• mrkoven

theres prob enough value under 5k to run wb+brow tonight

• danbutakov26

Motiejunas will be highly owned….just remember that, if you want to win a tourny, he WONT be in the winning line up.

• digglahhh

@superstars92 said...

Yea haha let’s not talk about Rondo. I just wanted to give Jimmy Butler some credit (I didn’t actually care about Rondo but wanted to just point out Butler deserves better teammates). Butler deserves so much more in Chicago. I think he is good enough so that with the right players surrounding him and the right schemes, the Bulls can be the second best team in the East (unless Giannis continues to make quantum leaps).

Well for DK, obviously, if Butler is out, Wade becomes like the top play. Mirotic/Grant/MCW/McDermott/Taj would all be secondary beneficiaries. I’m probably not going to pick any T-wolves player for my cash game because the Mavs play with an extremely slow pace. That probably means I will be choosing at least one of Melo/Porzingis. I think both have decent matchups tonight. Melo is extremely low priced on DK.

I think the easiest way to differentiate on this slate is simply to roll out a LU that doesn’t include Russ or AD.

When you do that, you wind up with a LU very much like the one you discuss here – Wade, plus the 6 – 8K guys from the Knicks/Pels game.

I thought about going AD too, but didn’t like the number of scrubs I had to use to fill out that line-up. I was willing to totally fade the Dallas/Min game, but not playing AD, I had to spend the money on a couple of mid range guys in that game too. I can live with it.

I think balance on this kind of slate is an under-utilized strategy. For the stars and scrubs strategy to work, you either need to get a truly monster night from the stars, or the stars and the scrubs both have to hit. On a larger slate, if the stars hit, there are a wider array of scrubs, so there’s enough of them and a large enough number of entries that some people have the right combination of stars plus the right scrubs. On a short slate, a huge proportion of people are relying on the same low priced players to hit. …When else are you going to get a chance to bet against 25% of the field having put their faith in Jerami Grant, or somebody?

• chunkybangles

7:31 announcement that Butler is in, haha

• draggin49

Anyone have an idea how many minutes Noah is likely to see tonight ? His mins have been kinda back and forth sometimes low 30s sometimes low 20s. At his current dk price he only seems an option if it’ll be low 30s

• bigkino217

@danbutakov26 said...

Motiejunas will be highly owned….just remember that, if you want to win a tourny, he WONT be in the winning line up.

just because someone is chalk doesn’t mean you won’t win with him. chalk is in winning lineups all the time. you just have to differentiate elsewhere

• superstars92

@Cocomilk said...

I can’t imagine who they can reasonably surround him with to be better than the bucks when Middleton’s back

Sorry, if this is a bit off topic, but I’ll respond to this one last one. I think I was a bit unclear on what I meant. I don’t think the Bulls are anywhere close to the 2nd best team in the East right now. That’s actually the Raptors, but they don’t really have much future upside unless JoVal can somehow become an all-world center. I think the Bucks have way more future potential than the Bulls (in like the next few years no matter who the Bulls signed because Giannis is a revolutionary player and the Bucks have other good young players too); even the Sixers have incredible potential for like 3-5 years down the road too.

However, what I meant was, there was a conceivable way for the Bulls to be the second best team in the East this year or next year had they signed other players this off season instead of Rondo/Wade. For example, look at the what the Rockets did. The Rockets were the 8th best team in the West last year, and they are 3rd this year in the West. They lost Howard, but replaced him with pieces that fit with Harden and ran a better scheme in which Harden would be the PG at all times (D’Antoni obviously helped with this process). Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson aren’t like amazing players, but they bring exactly what the Rockets need (spacing and a deadly 3 point shot). Had the Bulls signed for example Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon, and then tried exclusively developing Butler into a Harden-like player (which is realistic – look at what Butler has done the last few games), I could see them getting 2nd this year in the East. Remember it doesn’t take much to get 2nd in the East. The Bulls right now are probably somewhere 5-7th, but it’s not hard to jump to 2nd. For example, to answer your question, a signing of Horford and Eric Gordon (which is realistic because Chicago is a spot where FA do go to) would have been way better than Rondo/Wade for Butler’s sake and for the Bulls’ sake. Individually, Wade is better than Gordon for sure, but not when you have Butler already.

If you want to beat on just future championship odds though, clearly, the Bucks are right near the top for a championship within the next 10 years.

To get this back on topic, for tonight, I am going to go with what I said earlier which is pretty much a mixture of the stack for the Pelicans/Knicks and then add in some Bulls players that will benefit with Butler being out. I’ll have some of the T-wolves/Mavs game too but not too much.

• damionismyname

@lfn1992 said...

Thought is was Ron Baker bobblehead night? damn! Guess he wont go off tonight then..

• dgballer

@damionismyname said...

For Real?

• mrmogz

@danbutakov26 said...

Brutal comment. Him being chalky doesn’t mean he won’t be in the winning lineup. If he puts up 8x+ it’s quite feasible that he will be in the winning lineup. You can differentiate at any position. On a 3 game slate you don’t need a 2% owned guy to win.

Not to mention you don’t even have your accounts in your profile and come here to post like once a week or 2. You don’t contribute anything.

• Rothcloth

My lineups are having an unhealthy amount of dirk. As in 3/3 lineups….I know it’s a short slate but eeeeek

• SzymonK

@yanks250125 said...

why don’t all you scrubs join me in a league on FD. free 19 person league main slate

invite SPARTACUS1982

• mrkoven

jrue sleeper pick over dipo/lavine imo

• markymark13

Haven’t seen much love for KAT. He’s pricey but seems to play better at home. Also, he should have a mismatch with either Dirk or Bogut on him

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).