Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Miami ( 6.5 ) at Toronto ( -6.5 ) —- T: 208
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 8.5 ) at Okla City ( -8.5 ) —- T: 206
    8:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 6.5 ) at Dallas ( -6.5 ) —- T: 213.5
    10:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 6.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -6.5 ) —- T: 211.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Headre3000

@superstars92 said...

I believe if you choose both Napier and Wright on FD (and no RWB), there’s a good chance you have extra salary so it’s almost like people will do RWB + one of Napier/Wright not to leave extra salary.

I guess FD is technically harder tonight then. Not playing though. No wonder people are asking the question though.

I am max entering 150 in to the big GPP on Fanduel and I am done with 100 lineups. Ive got a nice little amount of Wright/Napier together and still used every dollar. The majority of my lineups with be Westbrook/Napier, and i do not feel strongly enough about Wright to double down and enter the same lineup with him switched for Napier very often. This is an odd slate overall, I love a bunch of PGs and hate all the Centers. 50 more to go……

• superstars92

@Headre3000 said...

I am max entering 150 in to the big GPP on Fanduel and I am done with 100 lineups. Ive got a nice little amount of Wright/Napier together and still used every dollar. The majority of my lineups with be Westbrook/Napier, and i do not feel strongly enough about Wright to double down and enter the same lineup with him switched for Napier very often. This is an odd slate overall, I love a bunch of PGs and hate all the Centers. 50 more to go……

Oh ok then in that case, I imagine you’ll see 1 of 3 combinations at PGs on FD (Westbrook/Napier, Westbrook/Wright, or Napier/Wright).

I didn’t do the salary calculation…just thought most times if you did Napier/Wright it would be hard to max out unless you chose the studs in all the other positions.

I’m guessing your Napier/Wright teams must have like DDR + Gordon on a lot?

One advantage of DK is the multi-positional eligibility (so Napier is a PG/SG you can play him at SG), but as I mentioned before, they need to clean that up and not give arbitrary positions to players and take away positions from players either.

Basically, I just want them to give Lillard SG eligibility to keep it consistent with Steph and his teammates McCollum and Napier, Butler SG/SF to keep it consistent with literally every other wing NBA player (like DDR, Booker, even JR SMITH!, etc.), and also give Jokic PG/C eligibility because he deserves that.

• bucherpsu08

@Pandamonious said...

DDR, Wright, and Van Vleet in the same line up?

Yeah.

• dgballer

@billholler said...

Just here to remind everyone that none of the current back up guards for the Toronto Raptors has an “F” in his lat name.

Are you talking about VanFleet? :)

• Headre3000

@superstars92 said...

Oh ok then in that case, I imagine you’ll see 1 of 3 combinations at PGs on FD (Westbrook/Napier, Westbrook/Wright, or Napier/Wright).

I didn’t do the salary calculation…just thought most times if you did Napier/Wright it would be hard to max out unless you chose the studs in all the other positions.

I’m guessing your Napier/Wright teams must have like DDR + Gordon on a lot?

One advantage of DK is the multi-positional eligibility, but as I mentioned before, they need to clean that up and not give arbitrary positions to players and take away positions from players either.

Yeah the Napier/Wright lineups have Gordon/Derozan and anyone else you’d pay up for. I think you are right about the PG combinations, everyone in between Russ and Napier/Wright are going to be forgotten. I never think too much about blowout risk, but I could see the Thunder running away with it, Russ gets to like 52 and maybe Napier to 25, and the winning lineup just has some combo of Ball/Smith Jr./Payton who both get to the low 40s. Raw points with Westbrook is a thing, but its not the only thing.

• bucherpsu08

I would expect to see a ton of DK lineups that have a core that looks like this:
    PG: Westbrook
    SG: Napier
    SF: DDR
    PF:
    C:
    G: Wright
    F:
    Util: VanVleet

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

That is the small slate for DK. Click the link. It’s the 2 game slate.

On FD, it’s easier because you have more salary and the pricing isn’t as tight, but on DK, it’s much harder to have won with Steph.

Value is way more important on DK than FD, one of the reasons why I like DK more since it’s harder instead of locking in one single player (that and the interface I lost interest lol after 1 week).

I believe since FD you have more dollars per player, it’s easier to choose RWB (or any stud) than on DK, since you would be more likely to look for raw points on FD than on DK. On DK, people go for value first generally due to the 50k instead of the 60k cap (even with the 1 extra FD player).

I disagree for the most part with your statement. This year pricing has been much tighter on FD than on DK. It has been referenced several times in the grind down and other articles. The primary difference is the fact that on FD you need two of everything except center, and there is no multi-position eligibility. It gets tough on small slates to differentiate. When there are only two or three games for instance, you only have 4 or 6 PG’s, SG’s, SF’s, PFs and 2 or three centers to choose from.

My experience on DK is that you typically want to jam in as many high priced studs as you can and then look for low price punts with multi-positional eligibility.

Two completely different concepts, but I enjoy playing them both, but tend to favor FD because it is much more straight forward.

• Kbry24

@superstars92 said...

If this is DK, I have a feeling most people will choose Chief at PF (like usual). I need an explanation from the people who choose him why he’s so popular.

Robert Parish is back?

• superstars92

@bucherpsu08 said...

I would expect to see a ton of DK lineups that have a core that looks like this:
    PF:
    C:
    F:

Haha is that your lineup? I can probably guess your PF too. And there aren’t many choices at C.

• gaelicgirl

@dominicanpapi said...

Issue is Barea and Smith are at least $1300 more expensive and with the way that rotation shakes out, you pretty much need them to get 35-40ish in 20-25 minutes of play.

Lots of people calculate it like that, but what matters is how many points your LU scores in total. It’s not always necessary to have the best points per dollar player in a given position. It’s all about the aggregate and avoiding the landmines, IMO.

• superstars92

@Kbry24 said...

Robert Parish is back?

Yea man he probably can still be more productive than Jahlil Okafor.

Nah, I’m talking about Aminu.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@bucherpsu08 said...

PF:
    C:
    F:

Mentioned this a little bit earlier, other than VanVleet. I’m not sure if he’ll necessarily be in the most common build. I see people going to Aminu at PF, as a more common 5th wheel, but could easily be wrong.

I really think the “smart” thing to do today is to fade DDR. He’ll be insanely high owned. He didn’t exactly light it up when Lowry was out last year. It seems much more often than not guys in these spots bust in relation to their price. Such as Chris Paul in the first game with Harden out being a recent example. The problem is Forward in general on DK is lacking much else to get excited about.

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

Haha is that your lineup? I can probably guess your PF too. And there aren’t many choices at C.

Probably Ibaka at center, Chief at PF and Miles at F.

• mbunner23

A lot of people are going to have the same build today. Especially in cash, the above dummy line up is probably the most logical.

• bucherpsu08

@Pandamonious said...

Mentioned this a little bit earlier, other than VanVleet. I’m not sure if he’ll necessarily be in the most common build. I see people going to Aminu at PF, as a more common 5th wheel, but could easily be wrong.

I really think the “smart” thing to do today is to fade DDR. He’ll be insanely high owned. He didn’t exactly light it up when Lowry was out last year. It seems much more often than not guys in these spots bust in relation to their price. Such as Chris Paul in the first game with Harden out being a recent example. The problem is Forward in general on DK is lacking much else to get excited about.

I’d agree with you on a bigger slate. The two games with the highest totals consist of 4 teams (Orl, Dal, Sac, LAL) with very deep rotations. Now, if Simmons sits, that opens up some additional plays on the Magic but I don’t really trust anyone on those 4 teams to hit value.

• callmetouch

Tweak some things and hope for the best

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@tmarohl said...

Probably Ibaka at center, Chief at PF and Miles at F.

Interesting, I agree that the “core” is going to be the same on many line ups but the aforementioned players that you have listed are no where in any of my builds.. Hmm…

• zpa1989

cj miles, OG, or harkless for the min price on FD? anyone have a strong take on who the better play is for gpp?

• robmcguire

I’ve tried gleaning for clues, but no luck. Who is “Chief”?

• mbunner23

@robmcguire said...

Aminu

• superstars92

Maybe I should just upgrade from Aminu to his college teammate with the neck tattoo. PF seems like a terrible position tonight.

• Kbry24

@robmcguire said...

Robert Parish.

• marino4ever

Anyone know why Dwight Powell saw a min reduction last game? Thinking of punting him at C on yahoo.

• dgballer

@robmcguire said...

this is the first time Ive heard Aminu referenced as the cheif. Is he Indian not native american indian but India indian

• joonyari22

• Blogger of the Month

Anyone on Dirk tonight? $5K on DK is reasonable…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).