Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Miami ( 6.5 ) at Toronto ( -6.5 ) —- T: 208
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 8.5 ) at Okla City ( -8.5 ) —- T: 206
    8:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 6.5 ) at Dallas ( -6.5 ) —- T: 213.5
    10:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 6.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -6.5 ) —- T: 211.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@Prince0024 said...

But how do you even predict that? Mere luck to those who picked him? Or a trump card?

Are you thick? You can’t predict it. Pure luck.

• tmarohl

@Prince0024 said...

Can someone tell me why Bam Adebayo did so well? Is it game flow? Matchup? I can’t figure it out..S.O.S here

Olynyk got hurt and James Johnson was ejected.

• roach62

Buddy and Bog have taken the last 6 fucking shots..fml

• lk2000

at least with dfs compared to poker you can’t tilt and enter in more games after a day like today (or if you do, you have until approx. 30 minutes before lock tomorrow to re-think that decision).

• tmarohl

@Prince0024 said...

But how do you even predict that? Mere luck to those who picked him? Or a trump card?

What do you mean how do you predict that? There are two ways people play him in a lineup. 1) They are max entering with the aid of a computer program and are rotating guys around their core. 2) You are one of us and he just happened to fit into the salary slot you had open.

• Prince0024

@biga0787 said...

You cannot predict it. It’s luck. Or putting in max entries in everything. Which still isn’t skill. The game is 95% luck on any given night

It’s a piss off tho dude…tomorrow night I might as well close my eyes and see what lineup I come up with. Tonight was shit. Yes, I’m very sour about my loss.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

Luke Walton is a retard

• Prince0024

@tmarohl said...

What do you mean how do you predict that? There are two ways people play him in a lineup. 1) They are max entering with the aid of a computer program and are rotating guys around their core. 2) You are one of us and he just happened to fit into the salary slot you had open.

I play single entires and literally over 10 people picked him as their starting center..how do you explain that? Ukhh I’m actually pretty mad about that..

• eatmyturf23

@walkoff9 said...

Luke Walton is a retard

How do you figure?

• biga0787

I agree with you completely. Its bull shit. No one can claim that picking him was skill. It’s luck. Some people have it some people dont. The percent that is skill is destroyed by the percent that is luck

• eatmyturf23

@Prince0024 said...

I play single entires and literally over 10 people picked him as their starting center..how do you explain that? Ukhh I’m actually pretty mad about that..

Occasionally people pick a name they liked or know from past contests (he did have some interesting games) or punt a position as a yolo, and then it just randomly works out. Don’t stress over it too much.

Today was a day you could play multiple strong picks and survive the crap. I hit multiple landmines and am still doubling money. And if you don’t, it’s just a sucky day and tomorrow is more fun.

As long as we don’t bet more than we can afford to, and take occasional cash wins to balance out or not lose too much, then it’s paid-entertainment and a fun / painful combo of suspense. If you’re losing too much to be comfortable, take a small break and/or dial it back a bit so you can ride the roller coaster. And don’t expect to hit it big, but just a $1 single-bullet daily can put you into action to win hundreds or a grand if you’re super lucky.

• tmarohl

@Prince0024 said...

Well, you couldn’t have predicted his output tonight, but he is close to minimum price, and he has averaged about 13 or 14 minutes a game over the last five before tonight. A lot of people like to play cheap centers. Also, I’m guessing mostly luck, but with Tyler Johnson ruled out, people may have figured there were two or three more minutes to be had for everyone in the Miami rotation. Other people may have had a hunch. I had a hunch about Vince Carter tonight and played him in a bunch of lineups. He is currently at about 7 X value. Unfortunately I put him in lineups with guys like the Elf, or Ibaka or James Johnson.

• wiggitywhack

The Lakers have become unplayable until someone gets injured. Hopefully it is Walton.

• superstars92

Couldn’t fall asleep so just checked the boxscore.

Seems like Fox is doing Fox like things in the 2nd half and Lonzo Ball is having an amazing game out there without scoring. That plus minus from him and Randle…

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

@eatmyturf23 said...

How do you figure?

Team plays great…and he goes to a total 2nd unit.

Only elite teams are capable of doing that.

Average teams need to mix and match to keep their best players out there

• superstars92

One more good month from Randle and I can see them shipping Deng, Randle, Clarkson, and a future unprotected 1st to the Suns for Greg Monroe (matching cap space), and since Monroes contract expires this season, that means PG13 and possibly DMC.

• Dirt_Lavert

Only dude I’m 100% across both slates was WCS. He completely screws me like Pau last night

• superstars92

@walkoff9 said...

It’s a bit debatable for the Lakers since they aren’t trying to win but rather develop like Kuzma, maybe Hart, and others.

The best example of a playoff team doing this are the Pistons a team actually trying to win and Stan goes with full 2nd units. Could cost them 1-2 wins and a possible playoff spot. Most teams know this though. I think all top 8 in the West do the staggering. Even OKC is doing it with George when RWB is out. Nuggets have Barton and Lyles who are better than some of their starters and Clippers have Lou when Blake is healthy.

• Dfspacman

FanDuel with a new contest for 2moro, NBA all utility

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

One more good month from Randle and I can see them shipping Deng, Randle, Clarkson, and a future unprotected 1st to the Suns for Greg Monroe (matching cap space), and since Monroes contract expires this season, that means PG13 and possibly DMC.

PG13 is not going to play for the Suns. No one is going to take on Deng’s bad contract. The Lakers will have to buy him out to dump that bad deal.

• BBWC_10

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Only dude I’m 100% across both slates was WCS. He completely screws me like Pau last night

Well at least you only got screwed by one guy…across 4 lineups I got Gang Banged… Elf, Byimbo, Ibacka Oklynyk, JJ,

• byo34

Finished with 305.5 and a cool 93 bucks for 45th place in the 3 dollar DK tourney! Right on!’

Can someone tell me what that would have got in the $8 DK tourney?

• eatmyturf23

@walkoff9 said...

I know. I was just enjoying the Walton-anger. :)

• eatmyturf23

@byo34 said...

Finished with 305.5 and a cool 93 bucks for 45th place in the 3 dollar DK tourney! Right on!

Congrats!!

• chronoxiong

So demoralizing. 266.50 in cash games with no late hammer and it fell short in cashing by a few points. And it’s all because my PFs were Ibaka/”(player-popup #james-johnson)James Johnson”:/players/james-johnson-1195. With both guys ejected, I lost out on the difference in cashing or no cashing. I am so depressed. Hours of researching. Hours of waiting and watching your monitor for injury news. But none of that can predict two players throwing punches at each and getting ejected. I am about to lose all the money I just earned from NFL this past weekend and I absolutely hate it. There have been so many times I have come close to just giving up. Not only that, I have to deal with the idiots who buy cash game lineups in my cash games too. I see them. I recognize the avatar (avatars).

I went Westy/Napier which was the right call. I faded Derozan who busted. I also faded PG-13 who busted. But besides the two aforementioned ejected guys, I had Biyombo who got no run in the 4th quarter which was costly. And what also pissed me off was people getting lucky with the Kings roulette rotation playing Bogdan Bogdanovic. My luck all season playing any Kings not named ZBO has been unlucky.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).