Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Miami ( 6.5 ) at Toronto ( -6.5 ) —- T: 208
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 8.5 ) at Okla City ( -8.5 ) —- T: 206
    8:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 6.5 ) at Dallas ( -6.5 ) —- T: 213.5
    10:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 6.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -6.5 ) —- T: 211.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• upgradetoquestionable

@mavrik2190 said...

question guys….Delon Wright or Napier? Napier will play more minutes but Wright averages slightly more fantasy points per minute. Napier’s team has a lower point projection than Delon. Delon has a higher upside than Napier. Napier has a 2 percent higher usage than wright. Both are same price who you got?

I’d lean Napier he’s been more consistently good in Lillard’s absence.

• superstars92

@mavrik2190 said...

Wright averages slightly more fantasy points per minute

That’s incorrect in this context.

• yanksfan1

The Kings usually have 2 big guys (Skal, WCS, ZBo, Koufos) on the court at all times, right? They don’t go small? Could necessitate Randle getting some more minutes for LA

• jglumsic

Think walton rewards Kuzma with extra play tonight since he backed him in his interview yesterday.

• moped_jones

@miggs6876 said...

IMHO, there is little sound dfs reason to fade him.

I’m fading him b/c of what the rest of my LU looks like without him. Paying down at point guard allowed that.

Also, I play single entry. Last time out RWB (also a 4 game slate) was 75% owned. I didn’t cash (missed by 8). So if he doesn’t play well it will give me a leg up on 75% of the field. And if he goes nuts, I just hope the rest of my LU (which is rock solid) can make up the difference.

• superstars92

Only if there was another 9k+ player on this slate or if DK had made Shabazz Napier 7k (which should be his price if you don’t want 50%+ of people choosing him). That would make the RWB decision much harder. A 7k Napier, and people will have a tougher time jamming in RWB.

• mavrik2190

You are correct. .93 per minute for both in this instance

• yanksfan1

I like a few plays in the mid tier today plus DDR, not sure how I get to Westbrook. Is it safe to fade and just hope OKC kind of blows out the Lillard-less Blazers?

• zigger77

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

Let’s be real Napier > Wright. Points per minute wise. Wright had that insane 60 point game.

• zigger77

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

So last 2 years with Lillard off the floor Napier 33.36 per 36 and delon 31 per 36 without Kyle last 2 years. Both good fantasy guys

• bbeast

@Petergunz82 said...

I don’t buy the raw points thing. If Russ gets 55 and a slew of players get mid to upper 40s, he won’t win a GPP

I used to think the same, but have changed my tune. Raw points is like a pseudo-guarantee. Nobody on the after hours slate last night won without Curry, because he scored the most raw points. It’s a % thing. I can’t count on the peripherals winning me a GPP. You could have faded Curry and still cashed however.

The only time I placed in a decent cash spot, I had both Westbrook and Harden who went for 70.

Then yesterday happens, and I pick 2 studs who were in blowouts, and they both got me 30, go figure. Do what you want :) I’m playing Westbrook.

• zigger77

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

Lowry out as expected.

• superstars92

I wonder how highly owned Chief will be again. Seems like he has relatively high ownership every slate these days, especially when Dame is out.

• MrPerfekt7

Lowry out

• moped_jones

@zigger77 said...

Let’s be real Napier > Wright. Points per minute wise. Wright had that insane 60 point game.

Are you saying Wright’s best game doesn’t really count b/c it was “too good”?

• miggs6876

@upgradetoquestionable said...

Bro, Bro, don’t do it! Step away from the Melo.

I’d rather play almost anyone else in that range: Randle, Ibaka, Kelly O?

For sure, if Melo beats me so be it.

• jglumsic

@moped_jones said...

Are you saying Wright’s best game doesn’t really count b/c it was “too good”?

I think he meant it as an outlier. So its skews the numbers

• jtkucheck

Everybody wants to jump on Delon Wright but won’t he stay on the second unit and continue his high usage ways in the same amount of minutes? Won’t it be Fred Van Vleet that bumps up the first unit to kick the ball over to DDR and let him do his thing while draining the occasional three and picking up the occasional board/steal/dime?

Also kinda interested in CJ Miles seeing as how he played sub 20 minutes yesterday and someone will need to spark the 2s…

• zigger77

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

@bbeast said...

I used to think the same, but have changed my tune. Raw points is like a pseudo-guarantee. Nobody on the after hours slate last night won without Curry, because he scored the most raw points. It’s a % thing. I can’t count on the peripherals winning me a GPP. You could have faded Curry and still cashed however.

The only time I placed in a decent cash spot, I had both Westbrook and Harden who went for 70.

Then yesterday happens, and I pick 2 studs who were in blowouts, and they both got me 30, go figure. Do what you want :) I’m playing Westbrook.

It’s all about the valueeeeee to win. Like look at last night. Evans/Bertans won people a fuck ton of money. Raw points matters sometimes. Rwb is relatively safe which people really like.

• upgradetoquestionable

@miggs6876 said...

For sure, if Melo beats me so be it.

If Melo beats you it’s 2009.

• mavrik2190

That performance would skew the numbers a bit

• miggs6876

@Pandamonious said...

Im implying the match up isn’t easier this time. Not that the last game is indicative of this game tonight. Yeah, I’ve seen him play lately. He’s doing very well like usual. I fully expect he’ll get his here, but I don’t think it’s certain it will be enough.

Good post.

• zigger77

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

@jtkucheck said...

Everybody wants to jump on Delon Wright but won’t he stay on the second unit and continue his high usage ways in the same amount of minutes? Won’t it be Fred Van Vleet that bumps up the first unit to kick the ball over to DDR and let him do his thing while draining the occasional three and picking up the occasional board/steal/dime?

Also kinda interested in CJ Miles seeing as how he played sub 20 minutes yesterday and someone will need to spark the 2s…

Delon is above vanfleet on the depth chart. Delon took out Lowry yesterday, while fleet took out derozan.

• moped_jones

@7klub06 said...

Lowry out

Well, unless any crazy news comes out before lock my lineup is done. Lowry’s status was the only thing I was waiting for. Glad they told us so early.

• superstars92

Also, somehow the Raptors are really good this season. Anyone think they can win 2 games vs. Cleveland this year? Or still 0?

This OG Anuoby guy. How long before he can become a top 10 NBA defender? If it’s 1-2 years, he might be one of the best weapons vs. LBJ. Looks like a linebacker with NBA guard speed.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).