NBA FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Miami ( 6.5 ) at Toronto ( -6.5 ) —- T: 208
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 8.5 ) at Okla City ( -8.5 ) —- T: 206
    8:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 6.5 ) at Dallas ( -6.5 ) —- T: 213.5
    10:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 6.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -6.5 ) —- T: 211.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• frugal

@bbeast said...

I used to think the same, but have changed my tune. Raw points is like a pseudo-guarantee. Nobody on the after hours slate last night won without Curry, because he scored the most raw points. It’s a % thing. I can’t count on the peripherals winning me a GPP. You could have faded Curry and still cashed however.

The only time I placed in a decent cash spot, I had both Westbrook and Harden who went for 70.

Then yesterday happens, and I pick 2 studs who were in blowouts, and they both got me 30, go figure. Do what you want :) I’m playing Westbrook.

What? Jokic got 63.5 last night far outscoring Curry. Jordan and Green also far outperformed Curry from a points per dollar perspective. I can’t speak for others, but to me raw points = raw fantasy points vs points per dollar, not actual points scored. I don’t know which games were in the late slate, but in a multi entry scenario I have to imagine the winner didn’t have Curry with as many players putting up big games last night.

• miggs6876

@Srogers96 said...

I just can’t fade RWB on a 4 game slate and I don’t see Napier slowing him down. RWB had 25/6/9/2 in the last game against Portland. That’s really not a horrible game but that was a 10 game slate with other studs over 10k playing. Tonight 4 game slate I just don’t think you can fade him

I agree. This debate happens often here.

• miggs6876

@superstars92 said...

Well I hope Fox stays in the NBA long enough to be able to keep playing him in 3-4 years.

Fox is without a doubt the absolute worst PG in the NBA this season. The overall numbers aren’t even close. He’s literally near the bottom in offensive and defensive efficiency lol (and that’s adjusted for his teammates). Good thing he’s a rookie and has time to improve, but nothing about him makes me think he’s gonna be good except for that 1 game vs. Lonzo last year.

To make it worse, Dennis Smith Jr. and Donovan Mitchell were both drafted after him. Even Ntilikina has been better than him because he’s more useful on defense, which the Knicks need.

I’m pretty sure, if the Kings have the chance, Vlade will draft Luka Doncic (since he’s Eastern European anyways) if they have the chance next season, and Fox isn’t starting again in the future at PG.

In a nutshell, the guy can’t shoot.

• moped_jones

@jglumsic said...

I think he meant it as an outlier. So its skews the numbers

Well, I don’t think it should be ignored. He did that in like 30 minutes with Lowry playing. I am not expecting him to repeat that performance but I’d say he and Napier are pretty equal in this situation. Matchups aren’t ideal. OKC is 4 against PGs and MIA is 5. But at $4800 (FD) I’m more than willing to take my chances with both and hope RWB gets 50 or less.

• superstars92

@frugal said...

What? Jokic got 63.5 last night far outscoring Curry. Jordan and Green also far outperformed Curry from a points per dollar perspective. I can’t speak for others, but to me raw points = raw fantasy points not points per dollar, not actual points scored. I don’t know which games were in the late slate, but in a multi entry scenario I have to imagine the winner didn’t have curry with as many players putting up big games last night.

Nope no Steph.

But it did have 3 Clippers guards (which is pretty unoptimal like I said yesterday at halftime, but it turned out to be super optimal lol).

https://rotogrinders.com/contest-results/52372740

• feekdogg

@upgradetoquestionable said...

If Melo beats you it’s 2009.

Sweet. If that’s the case, I’m going to get into a bunch of Bitcoins.

• miggs6876

@mavrik2190 said...

question guys….Delon Wright or Napier? Napier will play more minutes but Wright averages slightly more fantasy points per minute. Napier’s team has a lower point projection than Delon. Delon has a higher upside than Napier. Napier has a 2 percent higher usage than wright. Both are same price who you got?

In a nutshell, the guy can’t shoot.I’m going with Napier. Exxpecting him to launch the ball 20 plus times. Should get 2 or 3 steals. We will see.

• miggs6876

I’m going with Napier. Exxpecting him to launch the ball 20 plus times. Should get 2 or 3 steals.

• zigger77

I just don’t think the por matchup is good one. Por is an above average defensive team this year. He’s obviously fine, I tried to not use him and it’s all up if you think the High-mid range guys are in good spots.

• jtkucheck

@zigger77 said...

Delon is above vanfleet on the depth chart. Delon took out Lowry yesterday, while fleet took out derozan.

Right, but they know Lowry is sitting and they still need somebody who can get their own shot on the 2nd unit. Van Vleet isn’t that guy, Wright is. If Wright starts, I’ll be 100% CJ Miles (and probably 0% Wright).

• TrustinthePlan

@feekdogg said...

Sweet. If that’s the case, I’m going to get into a bunch of Bitcoins.

Me too! But there is a saying that I follow when it comes to days where Melo shows up in my models. “I wouldn’t touch it with a 39 and a half foot pole” :) I won’t even consider Melo until he touches the price he deserves to be at, and thats 4k or below.

• miggs6876

@moped_jones said...

I’m fading him b/c of what the rest of my LU looks like without him. Paying down at point guard allowed that.

Also, I play single entry. Last time out RWB (also a 4 game slate) was 75% owned. I didn’t cash (missed by 8). So if he doesn’t play well it will give me a leg up on 75% of the field. And if he goes nuts, I just hope the rest of my LU (which is rock solid) can make up the difference.

But, if he plays well you have little shot at winning because 75% have him. It works both ways.

• zigger77

@jtkucheck said...

Right, but they know Lowry is sitting and they still need somebody who can get their own shot on the 2nd unit. Van Vleet isn’t that guy, Wright is. If Wright starts, I’ll be 100% CJ Miles (and probably 0% Wright).

What do you think vanfleet was doing while wright was out? Running the 2nd unit for the last month.

• bbeast

@frugal said...

I can’t speak for others, but to me raw points = raw fantasy points vs points per dollar, not actual points scored.

Good point. I’ve always viewed the blocks and steals as peripherals. I consider them bonus. I don’t pick a player cause I know he’s supposed to get 5 steals in the game. I pick them cause they score the most points, or grab the most rebounds, etc… Jokic did outscore in total fantasy points, you are right.

• superstars92

@bbeast said...

Good point. I’ve always viewed the blocks and steals as peripherals. I consider them bonus. I don’t pick a player cause I know he’s supposed to get 5 steals in the game. I pick them cause they score the most points, or grab the most rebounds, etc… Jokic did outscore in total fantasy points, you are right.

Unless you are like Kawhi, AD, or Giannis.

• TicketRaven

I feel like my core 4 for DK Cash are:

Westy
    Napier
    Richardson
    Elf

• superstars92

@zigger77 said...

What do you think vanfleet was doing while wright was out? Running the 2nd unit for the last month.

Toronto kinda staggers their second unit so that only about 6-8 mins a game are both DDR and Lowry not on the floor. Pretty sure when they get to the playoffs, it’ll be 0 mins a game both aren’t on the floor.

Sample size way too small. Plus, their second unit has capable NBA potential starters in Siakam and Poetl.

• miggs6876

@zigger77 said...

It’s all about the valueeeeee to win. Like look at last night. Evans/Bertans won people a fuck ton of money. Raw points matters sometimes. Rwb is relatively safe which people really like.

Not sure safe is correct wording. Both I g safe about spending 11.8k. I most play him for his ceiling.

• zigger77

They don’t seem to like to run miles out THAT much, but I see your interest. I could easily see tor closing with delon/fleet/miles/derozan/ibaka and maybe og in there. Interesting to see what casey does

• superstars92

@miggs6876 said...

Not sure safe is correct wording. Both I g safe about spending 11.8k. I most play him for his ceiling.

DDR has the same ceiling as RWB today.

• bbeast

@superstars92 said...

Nope no Steph.

Steph was in all of the lineups on FD after-hours slate (2 game) down to at least 7th spot, I didn’t bother checking further. I’m talking about small slates, not the larger 8 game slate, that’s when valueeeeee wins it for you.

• miggs6876

@upgradetoquestionable said...

If Melo beats you it’s 2009.

Lmaf….

• Srogers96

@jtkucheck said...

IMO

Wright will start with first unit

2nd unit they have Van Vleet run point and C.J. in for DeRozan.

• superstars92

@bbeast said...

Steph was in all of the lineups on FD after-hours slate (2 game) down to at least 7th spot, I didn’t bother checking further. I’m talking about small slates, not the larger 8 game slate, that’s when valueeeeee wins it for you.

That is the small slate for DK. Click the link. It’s the 2 game slate.

On FD, it’s easier because you have more salary and the pricing isn’t as tight, but on DK, it’s much harder to have won with Steph.

Value is way more important on DK than FD, one of the reasons why I like DK more since it’s harder instead of locking in one single player (that and the interface I lost interest lol after 1 week).

I believe since FD you have more dollars per player, it’s easier to choose RWB (or any stud) than on DK, since you would be more likely to look for raw points on FD than on DK. On DK, people go for value first generally due to the 50k instead of the 60k cap (even with the 1 extra FD player).

• bigkino217

@bbeast said...

what was ownership though? if he was like 95% owned then of course he’s probably in all the winning lineups.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).