7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 9 ) at Brooklyn ( -9 ) —- T: 227
    8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -1.5 ) at Houston ( 1.5 ) —- T: 225.5
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 14 ) at New Orleans ( -14 ) —- T: 223.5
    8:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 0 ) at Dallas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -3 ) at Memphis ( 3 ) —- T: 203
    9:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 8.5 ) at Utah ( -8.5 ) —- T: 206.5
    10:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 9.5 ) at Portland ( -9.5 ) —- T: 207.5
    10:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 1.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -1.5 ) —- T: 217

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

I used to think going 100% on a player could be a good idea if you MME, and I guess it could be if that players goes off. But for someone like me that can’t predict when a player is going to have a good night with any real accuracy, going 100% is a terrible idea.

• superjon

Initial research, can’t say I’m a fan of any of the big 3 tonight. If I had to choose, I guess I’d take AD over Harden and Giannis.

Now I know everyone is going to say, “Well, what about the blowout?”

1. NO is favored by 14. That’s their biggest spread this season, and it’s partly due to the fact that they did just beat the Cavs 133-98

2. NO has been double digits favorites 3 other times this season, and they are 1-2 ATS

3. In those 2 games they didn’t cover, AD scored 71.5 FD points against the Bulls and 74.9 FD points against the Knicks. He scored around 55 or so in the game against the Kings where they did cover.

4. Yes, Cleveland has been playing very bad recently and are on quite the losing streak, However, both the Knicks and Bulls were also playing bad and on losing streaks around the time those games I mentioned above took place.

• Bodiaz36

Was FD drunk when they priced some of these guys for tonight??! Neto is 5,900 and Brandon Sampson??) Is 6,200 at SG..At any rate, I’ll take a discounted Kyrie against Indy, Melton/Lin if they start again, and may even jump on the Jeff Green train tonight. GL to all.

• Kmasonbx

After Kawhi going off last night, I’m done avoiding guys in great spots because of blowout risk. I think the reward outweighs the risk by a great deal because ownership will be down and odds are even if the game blows out the guy in the great spot will often be a big reason for the blowout. With that said I’m firing up AD, put up 50 a few days ago against the Cavs and didn’t even play the 4th. If the game stays close at home he’s headed for 70 while all the ownership will be on Harden and Giannis in that price range.

• JSteele

I like the idea of going back to Beal and Embiid after the blowout. Washington is much better at home and both these guys would have had a monster stat line if they played their normal minutes

• DailyDonater

@JSteele said...

I like the idea of going back to Beal and Embiid after the blowout. Washington is much better at home and both these guys would have had a monster stat line if they played their normal minutes

I don’t want to come off sarcastic and I would like to go a similar approach but does homecourt really that significant? Philly blew them out of the water last night.

• Njsum1

@Kmasonbx said...

After Kawhi going off last night, I’m done avoiding guys in great spots because of blowout risk. I think the reward outweighs the risk by a great deal because ownership will be down and odds are even if the game blows out the guy in the great spot will often be a big reason for the blowout. With that said I’m firing up AD, put up 50 a few days ago against the Cavs and didn’t even play the 4th. If the game stays close at home he’s headed for 70 while all the ownership will be on Harden and Giannis in that price range.

That’s what you often need to get a great fantasy night out of one of your studs. You need a weak opponent who either makes a game out of it, or even better, jumps out to an early lead. Nothing racks up fantasy points for a stud, like getting down early to a bad team, nothing.

After the first quarter yesterday of the tor/hawks game, Kawhi had like 11ish fantasy points, and I posted at that time Kawhi, 60 burger incoming. And viola…60 burger. It’s the best situation in nba DFS. Unfortunately, it’s often the exception not the rule, which is why I won’t be avoiding Ad, yet I’m not going heavy either.

• TomBradyBlueMamba

Spencer Dinwiddie, nothing like getting a beasty contact playing red hot and then falling off into oblivion. Worth a shot tonight I guess.

• superjon

Neto is that high because they got the Rubio news well before pricing was released, and he’s likely to start. Not sure how much of him I’ll have because that price certainly makes him less of a free square.

My biggest interest on UTA is Crowder coming off the bench. He should have a massive usage rate with the 2nd unit especially if Mitchell is off the floor as well.

• JSteele

@DailyDonater said...

I don’t want to come off sarcastic and I would like to go a similar approach but does homecourt really that significant? Philly blew them out of the water last night.

Yes it really does for Washington they have significant home road splits this season. But part of why I like it is the ownership should be down after last night.

• noddy

Do we play the Phoenix players if Booker is out? Harden at home on national TV?

• HungryHungryHip

Marc Gasol the lowest salary he’s been on DK since opening week(6.5) Even with him underperforming recently that’s hard to fade

• dominicanpapi

The spread in the Wizards/Sixers game is surprising. Philly was just favored by like 9 last night. 7 point swing is surprising even when you factor in home court

• HungryHungryHip

@dominicanpapi said...

The spread in the Wizards/Sixers game is surprising. Philly was just favored by like 9 last night. 7 point swing is surprising even when you factor in home court

Back to back with Philly and Butler/Embiid has been a ‘which one of them will sit’ thing this year. Perhaps that plays a part

• feekdogg

@Bodiaz36 said...

Was FD drunk when they priced some of these guys for tonight??! Neto is 5,900 and Brandon Sampson??) Is 6,200 at SG..At any rate, I’ll take a discounted Kyrie against Indy, Melton/Lin if they start again, and may even jump on the Jeff Green train tonight. GL to all.

It’s a little too high, but I like that they got out in front of things and priced him up. I’m glad he’s not 3500.

• HungryHungryHip

@feekdogg said...

It’s a little too high, but I like that they got out in front of things and priced him up. I’m glad he’s not 3500.

There’s ‘getting out in front’ and then there’s ‘getting out in front on steroids.’ I would be tempted to fade Neto at 4900 on FD. At 5900 he’s unplayable imo

• Kmasonbx

@Njsum1 said...

That’s what you often need to get a great fantasy night out of one of your studs. You need a weak opponent who either makes a game out of it, or even better, jumps out to an early lead. Nothing racks up fantasy points for a stud, like getting down early to a bad team, nothing.

After the first quarter yesterday of the tor/hawks game, Kawhi had like 11ish fantasy points, and I posted at that time Kawhi, 60 burger incoming. And viola…60 burger. It’s the best situation in nba DFS. Unfortunately, it’s often the exception not the rule, which is why I won’t be avoiding Ad, yet I’m not going heavy either.

Agreed. If I were to do 20 lineups I’d have AD in 5-7 of them. But most likely I’m only doing 5 lineups with very little money in play (busiest time of the year for me at work) so will get him in at least 3 maybe all 5 and hope for yahtzee.

• Kmasonbx

@TomBradyBlueMamba said...

Spencer Dinwiddie, nothing like getting a beasty contact playing red hot and then falling off into oblivion. Worth a shot tonight I guess.

It’s because he’s been playing off the ball more with all the injuries. Going from PG to SG is one of the biggest production drops a player can have.

• pn3

time for me to chase lin and him do nothing today…here we go

• Sham13

DAJ is in a good spot but is a let down artist in my personal experience. If Doncic and DSJ are both ruled out Court IQ says DAJ gets a 5.3% USG bump but doesn’t seem to translate to FP. Decisions decisions…

• gaelicgirl

Watching that Nerlens Noel injury last night was so disturbing, I dreamed about him. Can’t find any updates on his condition yet, hope we get some good news today.

• TrustinthePlan

@noddy said...

Do we play the Phoenix players if Booker is out? Harden at home on national TV?

Harden has a way of showing up on national TV doesn’t he?

Wonder if Dirk is going to predict an 80 or 90 burger for him tonight.

Also, like the Embiid/Beal thing if both of them play. Redick may be back tonight so that could cut into Butler and Simmons a bit. If Booker is out, might have to go back to the Milton/Jackson well again

Also feel like Dame is about to pop off a big game here soon.

• feekdogg

@HungryHungryHip said...

There’s ‘getting out in front’ and then there’s ‘getting out in front on steroids.’ I would be tempted to fade Neto at 4900 on FD. At 5900 he’s unplayable imo

He should probably be in the Reggie Jackson-DJ Augustin range. That said, watch him go out and drop 45 at 1.5% ownership.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@TrustinthePlan said...

Harden has a way of showing up

I think you can stop right there.

• ghost3490

Does anyone have any idea why Derozoan only got 10 shots off against Memphis in the last game? That is way off his average and his rebounds and assist weren’t what they normally are. Anomaly? He is priced down and I would like to play him here but his stats last game against them are giving me pause.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).