3:00 PM EST : Denver ( -5.5 ) at Philadelphia ( 5.5 ) — T: 20.5
    7:00 PM EST : Miami ( -7 ) at Washington ( 7 ) — T: 230.5
    7:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( -5.5 ) at Charlotte ( 5.5 ) — T: 228
    7:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 3.5 ) at Indiana ( -3.5 ) — T: 215
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -5 ) at Minnesota ( 5 ) — T: 234
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 13 ) at Milwaukee ( -13 ) — T :222.5
    8:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 5.5 ) at Dallas ( -5.5 ) — T: 218.5
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( -6 ) at Sacramento ( 6 ) — T: 237

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• jv21

• Ranked #73

RG Tiered Ranking

I could not pass locking Luka, but that was the fish play tonight. It really stop my from getting in more Trey Burke or Lamelo.

I iffy on John Collins, of course he busted. Should had play more Portis over Brook.

• gaelicgirl

Another LU bites the dust

Congrats, Bigb!

• tmarohl

I remember when 347 would win a tournament on FD.

• Bigb1485

@theIrrigator said...

Lol..2nd time thats happened. A few years ago i played the big jam contest every day except one and would’ve won the 50k that day with like a 410 score

Darn nfl distracted me today and i forgot to enter it. Still super happy though.

Thank you everyone!!

• jv21

• Ranked #73

RG Tiered Ranking

Wow Butler 60 FP, Drummond 59 FP. I had none. I am bad at this.

• synth

@tmarohl said...

I’ve said it a handful of times this year but NBA is the most difficult sport by far now. You have to be spot on because so many people have gotten so good (or the optimizers have) at accurately predicting FPPM and projected minutes for a huge chunk of players. 300 used to be a lock cash and a solid one at that. Now on a larger slate it’s nowhere close.

It’s not unfair or anything. There’s just more day to day variance in NFL and MLB than the NBA so it’s taking longer to get figured out as well as nba has.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

@Bigb1485 said...

Lol..2nd time thats happened. A few years ago i played the big jam contest every day except one and would’ve won the 50k that day with like a 410 score

Darn nfl distracted me today and i forgot to enter it. Still super happy though.

Thank you everyone!!

I have a couple of those stories also. Still a nice hit either way. Anything is better than not losing

• SkateFiend

@synth said...

I’ve said it a handful of times this year but NBA is the most difficult sport by far now. You have to be spot on because so many people have gotten so good (or the optimizers have) at accurately predicting FPPM and projected minutes for a huge chunk of players. 300 used to be a lock cash and a solid one at that. Now on a larger slate it’s nowhere close.

It’s not unfair or anything. There’s just more day to day variance in NFL and MLB than the NBA so it’s taking longer to get figured out as well as nba has.

MLB and NHL has a lot of variance within a certain parameter. If you punt a catcher position with someone like Austin hedges he’ll get 3 ABs minimum and he may come up to bat with bases loaded.

In the nba if the coach won’t give chalk value plays playing time, lineups with them will be deflated. Quantity rules over efficiency in the nba.

You can’t tell a story in the nba. You just have to manually find a core of high scoring players and put them in the right combo.

• chronoxiong

@tmarohl said...

I miss those days indeed. This is why I’m constantly complaining about the optimizers. Starting to feel like they need to get rid of that s*^t. I dont understand for the life of me how Derozan was 40% owned in cash when I was never on him. If you are an NBA expert, you would know that he is too reliant on his scoring to ever pay off his 8.3k salary for tonight. Yes, it was against the TWolves. However, the Spurs have almost their full team back with LMA active for the past few games. So I felt like he was not going to get 50.5 fdp yet he did. Was this the fault of the optimizers? I believe so.

How did I do? This was the best I got in the Dribbler: https://www.fanduel.com/games/53316/contests/53316-242654016/entries/2312261533/scoring

Going in, I thought my lineup would do okay to cash as long as the lame optimized plays dont go off too much. Turner did his thing while Drummond early on, was sucking hard. But then Drummond crushed value. John Collins pissed me off the most from that lineup. I was never on him. If you look at the previous meeting against Charlotte, he struggled against PJ Washington. Thats why I was on PJ and he was locked in my lineup and I refused to switch him out for someone else. Now hindsight showed that I should have switched out Collins for Portis which would then allow me to have salary to switch Turner into Vucevic who I originally wanted to play as my Center. I just couldn’t afford him with that lineup I posted. So frustrating. I’m sick of this. I spent $54 and only won back $38. Had to stress out watching Haliburton get me the points needed to win most of my cash games. sigh

• jayzee666

@Bigb1485 said...

My first time this season not playing it dangit…how much did i miss out on?

Did you ever win anything in that contest when you played everyday?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).