• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 Minnesota at Charlotte
    7:30 San Antonio at Detroit
    7:30 Cleveland at Atlanta
    7:30 Washington at NY Knicks
    10:30 Utah at LA Clippers

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Jhelms10

@soupster62 said...

My mom said she is fading McRae tonight!!

I’ll take her spot and pick him then!

• zigger77

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@al3b3d3v said...

I think were confusing WILL PLAY and IN PLAY.

He is the only starter that played game 1 I think. He’s probably the best player and he’s still young. He might sit but that’s an issue with every player on the spurs.

• decaye23

@Jwhosky said...

Mon, 10 Oct 2016 03:36:00 PM
    Coach Doc Rivers is expected to stagger the minutes of Chris Paul and Blake Griffin to keep one of them on the court at all times.
    src: Orange County Register

Total speculation…but..

It sounds defensive to me. With CP3, DJ and BG on the court…(also Luc Ric)..This is a nice all around defensive setup. If all 3 are sitting, then that does not bode well for the Clips, defensively.

If CP3 is in and BG sitting…DJ either on or off…the opposing guards still have to contend with CP3, but the post is easier…other way around if BG is in and CP3 is sitting…seems like Doc always wants a strong defensive presence on the court with Luc and DJ.

Total guess.

• Jhelms10

What about bazemore against the cavs q team?

• osuryanf

I’m really getting frustrated with FanDuel’s lack of care with preseason pricing and wrong positions. They obviously care enough to put out tournaments because it’ll make them money, but could care less about adjusting pricing or putting players in their correct positions.

Tonight will be the last night I play Fanduel during the preseason if the pricing doesn’t change. I’m a high volume players and little annoying things like this are exactly why I take 99% of my business to DraftKings.

• Jwhosky

I think Mack could get just as much run as hood… and he has been in the offense a bit more with hoods injury.. thoughts? Mack under radar?

• fathalpert

• Blogger of the Month

Regarding the Paul/Griffin staggered minutes article, it sounds like they are implementing this idea in the preseason and want it to transfer into the regular season. But it doesn’t mention anything about Monday’s game or who is playing/sitting, so we still need to monitor it. Here are quotes from that article:

“And, in the early going of the preseason, for the first time since he took over as coach, Rivers and the Clippers are giving it a look.”
    “Rivers staggered Paul’s and Griffin’s minutes in the first two games of the preseason, but Tuesday’s debacle at Golden State didn’t give anyone on the Clippers a good look at anything. But Wednesday, the change showed promise.”

• TheRealJosh5

What about Kelly Oubre tonight for Washington?

• Yombo

I usually like to have one not chalk play on FD and even though Lyles is chalk kind of, i don’t know if enough people iwll go there on FD

I feel the same way about Gobert instead of Towns on a one C site with no pricing restrictions but maybe i’ll make a couple lineups addressing that

• Poops1103

Any word on possible minutes for Porzingis and Gobert?

• IronMonkey415

Don’t have time to change things around or read about who gets what minutes.

I’m just going with Paul, Ish, McRae, Tobias, Porzingas, and Drummond on FD.

• Drewbeedoo

Thoughts on Oubre if he gets minutes again?

• al3b3d3v

@IronMonkey415 said...

Don’t have time to change things around or read about who gets what minutes.

I’m just going with Paul, Ish, McRae, Tobias, Porzingas, and Drummond on FD.

i like it. i like it a LOT

• mormi08

where do most of you guys get preseason info? not injury updates, but like, minutes played and other variables that might help. please and thanks! trying to see if I should play ish/ see where he went wrong last game.

• karsenm

Thank you Fanduel for bad pricing, making the regs go to DK in the preseason is greatly appreciated (:

• decaye23

@mormi08 said...

where do most of you guys get preseason info? not injury updates, but like, minutes played and other variables that might help. please and thanks! trying to see if I should play ish/ see where he went wrong last game.

Aside from you actually attending a coach’s pre-game press conference, you have to look at Twitter and any articles that preview that night’s game and hope that a team’s beat writer or a reporter shares tidbits like minutes, that he has heard directly from the horse’s mouth. being the coach, of course.

• al3b3d3v

http://www.nba.com/knicks/5-things-know-knicks-face-wizards-preseason-tilt-msg

Noah likely out, means KP will bang at the 5 spot as well at some point.

and One player to watch on the opposite side of the ball is second-year man Kelly Oubre Jr. The former Kansas standout scored 24 points on 8-for-12 shooting last Thursday night.

• likaihua

@mormi08 said...

ESPN offers a easy to read box score for preseason games.

• decaye23

@likaihua said...

ESPN offers a easy to read box score for preseason games.

I think NBA.com, as well, provides that. i forgot to add that in my original response.

• karsenm

Jeremy Lamb gpp option tonight?

• NSNunn

Are you really quoting preseason usage rates after they have played just one game? Come on man #samplesize. They are both great fantasy options tonite, but one gets to deal with the Spurs bigs (Drummond) and the other gets to deal with old man Roy Hibbert (KAT).

• shawnzhan

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

It will go back to 3k for regular season. The min is increased to 4k in preseason due to the large number of backups that end up starting or getting significant minutes.

• SWPitcher42

• 2016 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

I’ve got Oubre at SF as of right now on both sites, his minutes and shot attempts should be there. Beal Sato and McClellan also in play for the Wiz. Gortat says he wants to play tonight, but he’s fighting a strained Glute, Mahinmi’s not gonna play a ton, and they cut Ochefu, so if Gortat’s out, could be a ton of playing time for Markieff, Johnny O’Bryant, and Andrew Nicholson.

• Fontaine

@NSNunn said...

Are you really quoting preseason usage rates after they have played just one game? Come on man #samplesize. They are both great fantasy options tonite, but one gets to deal with the Spurs bigs (Drummond) and the other gets to deal with old man Roy Hibbert (KAT).

I think youre missing the under lined importance of preseason useage rates. Preseason is to determine which players can fill out roles. If a player is getting massive useage, (Or is not getting) it is for a good reason. The coaching staff are getting looks at that particular rotation and with that comes predictable results (atleast as predictable as preseason can be after a few games) Of course their are outliers. Obviously doesnt take a genius to know that. Will Pau have a 11% usage right if he plays tonight like he did last game? Probably not. However, if you just blanket dismiss it, youre are 100% doing it wrong. Just my take. Good luck.

• omgrockst4r

Boban revenge game!!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler