Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 Brooklyn at Miami
    8:00 Philadelphia at Memphis
    8:30 Oklahoma City at Dallas
    10:30 Portland at LA Lakers

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• goblue84

Oladipo outscores Westbrook tonight #hottakealert

• quarts

@sloanxx said...

So where do people look at info before sites start flowing in information on the slates for the day? I hate waking up and having to wait a few hours before stats and advice start coming around lol. I’ve looked on espn but couldn’t really find anything. Probably just not looking at the right area.

Start following beat writers for each nba team on twitter. Just search “spur beat writer” etc. and follow the guys that write the articles on here: allanscardshop SethayatesDFS and other folks. Any other suggestions peeples?

• heyarnold1212

What notes do we have so far for today that was announced yesterday. All I have in my sheet is BroLo out and Dario Saric out. I believe there was more info……?

• frugal

@kdill20 said...

Im shocked I’ve at least made my money back every slate thus far. I think tonight, Whiteside and Westbrook are must haves. Even though they’ll be chalky, its necessary chalk. I like Curry too. save some money with dallas scrubs. Philly guys are interesting. Tj McConnell has been streaky, but Holmes is a baller. and then there the Lakers… Russel is out here trying to prove something. and portland has decent options in Lillard, Harkless, crabbe

Dirk is playing tonight (though very limited minutes), so the Mavs are going to roll their starting 5 for the first time tonight. FWIW, the Mavs are looking to build upon their end of season streak which got them into the playoffs with a strong focus on defense and slower pace and that has been reflected with 2 of their 3 preseason games having combined scores well under 200. That said Westbrook will try to push the tempo, but looking at the minutes of the Thunder in preseason (granted overseas games), it appears Oladipo and Kanter would be the plays over Westbrook especially at his elevated price. If you want to pay up for a PG, I see Lillard having a much better chance of paying off that salary. But then again…Westbrook. ;-)

• quarts

@sloanxx said...

So where do people look at info before sites start flowing in information on the slates for the day? I hate waking up and having to wait a few hours before stats and advice start coming around lol. I’ve looked on espn but couldn’t really find anything. Probably just not looking at the right area.

I would also take everything you read in the forums with a grain of salt. Most people here are here to help but some are trying to throw you off or get you to play stupid plays or trying to be silly. So, I would research any hot takes you get in the forums. That goes the same for articles, and grinderslive videos. Do some extra digging to see if the pros are trying to throw you off or hiding a sneaky play.

• bcoggins429

Nerlens Noel also Out tonight. Holmes will be chalk. Will also be an opportunity for Green/ZBo to put up numbers vs thin PHI frontcourt

• goblue84

Alright kids; GoBlue84 is going to make your life very simple. Go to Rotogrinders twitter profile and click lists. On the mobile app, you’ll find that in the right hand corner under “View Lists”. There you will find NBA DFS News; everyone you ever needed to follow already done for you. You’re welcome.

And for the record, I really do believe Oladipo will outscore RWB FP/$. Look at the game logs. I would never say fade Russ, but I think you can get similar production for $3K less. Just my 2 cents. GL all.

• kdill20

• Ranked #71

RG Tiered Ranking

Welcome to the grind buddy

• Epicsic

@quarts said...

I would also take everything you read in the forums with a grain of salt. Most people here are here to help but some are trying to throw you off or get you to play stupid plays or trying to be silly. So, I would research any hot takes you get in the forums. That goes the same for articles, and grinderslive videos. Do some extra digging to see if the pros are trying to throw you off or hiding a sneaky play.

I don’t think I e ever noticed anyone here actually trying to throw people off by putting wrong info out. This is the most helpful and friendly forum around.

• dwc1421

You can always play Westbrook but he’s super expensive on dk for what is likely ~22 minutes of court time

• kdill20

• Ranked #71

RG Tiered Ranking

@frugal said...

Dirk is playing tonight (though very limited minutes), so the Mavs are going to roll their starting 5 for the first time tonight. FWIW, the Mavs are looking to build upon their end of season streak which got them into the playoffs with a strong focus on defense and slower pace and that has been reflected with 2 of their 3 preseason games having combined scores well under 200. That said Westbrook will try to push the tempo, but looking at the minutes of the Thunder in preseason (granted overseas games), it appears Oladipo and Kanter would be the plays over Westbrook especially at his elevated price. If you want to pay up for a PG, I see Lillard having a much better chance of paying off that salary. But then again…Westbrook. ;-)

I didn’t see dirk was playing! And oladipo is a good pick, i hadn’t looked to far in I was just giving a first glance. And Westbrook is a thought fade BUT ITS just preseason and lillards basically automatic points. But even tho the mags are playing starters. Seth curry still will get those garbage time buckets.

• kdill20

• Ranked #71

RG Tiered Ranking

id just like to say it’s great that draft kings already adjusted salaries so they’re realistic.

• quarts

@Epicsic said...

I don’t think I e ever noticed anyone here actually trying to throw people off by putting wrong info out. This is the most helpful and friendly forum around.

It happens, people will write if you don’t play such and such you are going to lose, and it’s completely bogus pick.

• nateW

• fathalpert

• Blogger of the Month

Hi everyone, my blog post is now up on RotoGrinders with some thoughts on today’s slate and Russell Westbrook. @quarts, thanks for the shoutout. Regarding the discussion about people writing who to play and who to fade, I try to avoid that if all possible but my biases will naturally appear in my writing. But I can say I never write up my blog as a way to throw anyone off. You can follow my GPP teams on DK under “fathalpert” and see my final rosters if you’re curious. Thanks.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/nba-dfs-preseason-analysis-for-october-11th-2016-1468760

• fistpumper

Tough to fade the brodie anytime he plays

• nateW

Not a Thunder fan, but I’m really interested to see how Westbrook and VO play together in the back court. You think that team is still on the level they were last year where they can actually contend for a ring? VO can light up some nights, but can he fill in the enormous void of Durant?

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

A few points;

I think RWB MIGHT get extra run today as this is their first true NBA preseasons game, and it’s against the Mavs which has to be second on his hate list next to the Warriors.

Whiteside is a must play tonight vs. Nets with no Brook Lopez.

Even if Russ does play extra maybe it would be smart to pay down at point guard for guys like Lin, Russell, and Mccoullgh to build a more balance roster?

• sweetdickwilly

“Why don’t you just ask him for the money eddie, sure as hell can’t take a hint.” -Aunt Edna

• deerosa

@goblue84 said...

Alright kids; GoBlue84 is going to make your life very simple. To go Rotogrinders twitter profile and click lists. On the mobile app, you’ll find that in the right hand corner under “View Lists”. There you will find NBA DFS News; everyone you ever needed to follow already done for you. You’re welcome.

And for the record, I really do believe Oladipo will outscore RWB FP/$. Look at the game logs. I would never say fade Russ, but I think you can get similar production for $3K less. Just my 2 cents. GL all.

Just remember goblue, the majority of people do not like to do research. They rely on people like this forum for last second news. But guess what, if you get the news 1 minute before lock do you blurt it out to everyone and lose your edge because you put in the research???

Nice to bring these guys to the river, but sometimes they need to fish on their own,

Just sayin’

With that being said, good luck!

• frugal

@kdill20 said...

I didn’t see dirk was playing! And oladipo is a good pick, i hadn’t looked to far in I was just giving a first glance. And Westbrook is a thought fade BUT ITS just preseason and lillards basically automatic points. But even tho the mags are playing starters. Seth curry still will get those garbage time buckets.

I’m a huge Mavs fan and typically roster one of them every night they play, but today I’m having a hard time really picking anyone. Devin Harris has been cleared to play as well. Again, I imagine he’ll be limited but it will eat into Curry’s minutes. Acy in a walking boot and out tonight. So despite Dirk starting, with Acy and Mejri out Powell will likely still get some good minutes and IMHO is the probably the safest Mav to target from a minutes perspective.

• peachfuzz

• Blogger of the Month

Brandan Wright out tonight per Rotoworld.

JaMychal Green getting the biggest bump?

• JustRaze

@dwc1421 said...

You can always play Westbrook but he’s super expensive on dk for what is likely ~22 minutes of court time

You must be new. Here’s an NBA headline from last March:

“”(player-popup)Russell Westbrook”:/players/russell-westbrook-1083 Records NBA’s Fastest Triple-Double Since 1955: Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook needed just 20 minutes, 17 seconds of court time to pile up 13 points, 14 assists and 10 rebounds”.

• thetitanlb

@osuryanf said...

I would like to thank SVG for randomly playing Drummond the 4th quarter against the subs, which then saved my night and turned into a profit. Not sure why ya did it Stan, but hey, thanks!

Man i was a good spot until that 4th qtr. I was so frustrated and mad since i didnt play him. Im still bitter about why he did that.

• Epicsic

@quarts said...

It happens, people will write if you don’t play such and such you are going to lose, and it’s completely bogus pick.

but I’ve never noticed it and I’ve been coming to this forum much longer than you. To say it happens with no proof is “bogus”

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.