Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 Brooklyn at Miami
    8:00 Philadelphia at Memphis
    8:30 Oklahoma City at Dallas
    10:30 Portland at LA Lakers

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• kdill20

This Slates going to be really interesting. Ive got a player pool of like 15. if I don’t play Russ, it gets easy, But if I do, well, it gets ugly

• quarts

@FantasyBumz said...

Don’t sleep on babbit, he has been putting up solid numbers and always low owned

Luke babbitt last game vs Minnesota:
    17 minutes 2 rebounds 2 turnovers 6 points no other stats. I think that is 8 dk points.

Against Washington on the Oct 8:
    20 minutes 4 reb 1assist 0 block 1steal 2 turnovers 14 points . That is around 21.5 dk points I think.

• quarts

@FantasyBumz said...

Don’t sleep on babbit, he has been putting up solid numbers and always low owned

17 minutes 2 rebounds 2 turnovers 6 points no other stats. I think that is 8 dk points.

20 minutes 4 reb 1assist 0 block 1steal 2 turnovers 14 points . That is around 21.5 dk points I think.

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@quarts said...

That Washington game was double OT if I’m not mistaken.

• heyarnold1212

If you say to play Luke Babbit, you probably think playing Andre Roberson when he plays 40 mins is a good idea too. Hellooooooooooooo -EV and thank you for your money.

• kdill20

Also, as far as twitter accounts go and research places. Go look for reputable beat writers from teams. If you really wanna win often it takes a lot of effort in the front end, and then once you find your core of writers, you can head to, say, basketball reference for previous match up statistics and advanced statistics. Use your brain. also, WATCH THE GAMES. You’re at a huge disadvantage if you’re playing money against guys who at least can tell you the sixth man on each team thats playing. Winning in GPP’s is more about your will to be different and ignore bias. trust your statistical basis, and then compare to everyone else. I like to check the injury report, Vegas line, match up, check player Salaries, THEN MAKE A YOUR LINEUP ( keyword your lineup with your picks ). then I go and check out articles and forums. Winning takes time. Its a game of skill for a reason :)

• stats99tuff

@heyarnold1212 said...

If you say to play Luke Babbit, you probably think playing Andre Roberson when he plays 40 mins is a good idea too. Hellooooooooooooo -EV and thank you for your money.

lmao that dude literally gets 35+ minutes and zero production…

• Drewbeedoo

Thanks KD!

• DougFunny

where is the saric being out news from?

• goblue84

@deerosa said...

Just remember goblue, the majority of people do not like to do research. They rely on people like this forum for last second news. But guess what, if you get the news 1 minute before lock do you blurt it out to everyone and lose your edge because you put in the research???

Nice to bring these guys to the river, but sometimes they need to fish on their own,

Just sayin’

With that being said, good luck!

Good point, Deerosa.

• zigger77

• Ranked #81

RG Tiered Ranking

@DougFunny said...

where is the saric being out news from?

Look on FD, it says he will likely be held out of the Memphis game for rest purposes.

• SouthernShield

When you get info from someone anywhere, you have to balance that with your own research/ideas.

NEVER play someone just because someone says you should. Try to find out why they think that person is a good play. If you can find out AND agree with those reasons, then you can adjust your LU.

• kdill20

@SouthernShield said...

When you get info from someone anywhere, you have to balance that with your own research/ideas.

NEVER play someone just because someone says you should. Try to find out why they think that person is a good play. If you can find out AND agree with those reasons, then you can adjust your LU.

exactly, also, be mindful of writers loacational bias. per say, someone who lives in Minnesota may also recommend KAT and wiggins all the time. be weary of that

• duck3134

RG Overall Ranking

Per ‏@ErikHorneOK Billy Donovan said it’ll be around the same minutes for Russell Westbrook tonight. Played 22 & 21 in first two preseason games.

• FantasyBumz

@w3stcoastoff3ns3 said...

That Washington game was double OT if I’m not mistaken.

All good don’t play him, he is a low owned player with a good upside. He has some very nice games as a starter. He is always above a Fantasy point per minute, especially when he starts. I will take that

• jv21

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

Good source to find all the preseason stats so far? During the season I could just check the players dk game log as a reference but cant right now. So I don’t know what player X has been doing unless I check the box score etc. Don’t really want to have to look up every individual player and their backup.

• dvusdayz

Any love for McCollum tonight? I figure Russell and Dame will be highly owned in that matchup

• zigger77

• Ranked #81

RG Tiered Ranking

Jerami grant is starting at pf in place of saric who is resting! He should get 20-25 minutes

• FantasyBumz

@jv21 said...

Good source to find all the preseason stats so far? During the season I could just check the players dk game log as a reference but cant right now. So I don’t know what player X has been doing unless I check the box score etc. Don’t really want to have to look up every individual player and their backup.

Realgm.com

• deerosa

@jv21 said...

A good place is ESPN.com and check out the box scores.

NBA.com is sucking in my opinion.

http://sportspyder.com/sports/nba/tweets

http://www.hashtagbasketball.com/

realgm.com

rotoworld.com

rotoballer on twitter I believe

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

Bunch of experts in here today.

• amarkham

Remember last year in the playoffs Cuban said that Westbrook wasn’t a superstar? Yeah, I bet Russ doesn’t forget either.

• jdtrey

@FantasyBumz said...

All good don’t play him, he is a low owned player with a good upside. He has some very nice games as a starter. He is always above a Fantasy point per minute, especially when he starts. I will take that

Not sure where you’re getting your numbers but Babbitt is about a 0.7 fppm guy

• deerosa

Brooklyn Nets will make or break me today.

Russell Beastbrook in 22 minutes. Run with it.

• cdome06

RG Overall Ranking

I like Curry tonight. 35 Shots through 3 games this preseason.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).