• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00pm Indiana at Orlando
    8:00pm Cleveland at Chicago
    8:30pm Miami at San Antonio
    9:00pm Golden State at Denver
    10:00pm Dallas at Phoenix

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• teezy1350

Yea Whiteside is the play, but not dragic he gets locked up plus he may draw Kahwi or Danny which won’t be good for him. If you wan’t a sneaky play go Gasol or Al jefferson. Whiteside has helpside D not onball so Gasol can go off if he plays 20+ he always kills Hassan

• sotnohc

RG Overall Ranking

@tnguyen77 said...

I’m running Pau Gasol tonight, Whiteside has a big misconception of being a great defender, and he is, but not a great on-ball defender.

Last year he had a 17-12-9 game and a 21-12-2 game against Miami in March and August. I know its only two games, but its saying something.

The thing with Whiteside is he can’t play away from the basket and Pau can, so that makes him a great GPP play for sure.

• kdill20

Pau GOATsal vs Hassan Goatside. play em both…. * Gasp

• zigger77

Whteside is a great dfs defender with blocks, but sometimes he doesnt do the best against other big men defensively

• tnguyen77

@sotnohc said...

The thing with Whiteside is he can’t play away from the basket and Pau can, so that makes him a great GPP play for sure.

PLUS, no Aldridge tonight right?!

• zigger77

Yep no aldridge

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@sotnohc said...

Yeah instead of Duncan/LMA you now have Pau and David Lee probably starting? I am not scared of that at all with GOATside. There is merit to fading Dragic sure but Whiteside is a different animal. Plug and Play, differentiate somewhere else. Multi entry GPP sure, but if you are one or two lineups I am playing him.

I’m just worried about the mins Whiteside will get or possible foul trouble trying to defend Pau.

• sotnohc

RG Overall Ranking

PF is a little bit tough on FD not many options there for cash games. Thad then who? Powell? Draymond seems like a GPP play using KD in cash.

• tnguyen77

Taj Gibson is starting tonight, hes trying to compete for PF starting spot. I’m fairly confident he gets 10 and 10 tonight.

• sotnohc

RG Overall Ranking

@w3stcoastoff3ns3 said...

I’m just worried about the mins Whiteside will get or possible foul trouble trying to defend Pau.

Breaking it down it would seem to me like Pau would play more face up away from the basket to stay away from Whiteside, which might limit the fouls? At work so can’t research the history between these two. Check it out on statmuse they will have the data.

• DougFunny

@anthonyVslater 13m13 minutes ago
    Warriors finally back to basketball tonight after eight days off. At Denver. Livingston resting. Everyone else should be available.

• sotnohc

RG Overall Ranking

@tnguyen77 said...

Taj Gibson is starting tonight, hes trying to compete for PF starting spot. I’m fairly confident he gets 10 and 10 tonight.

Decent call just a cluster at PF for Chicago. Taj? Mirotic? Portis? Seems a tad risky but then again this is preseason all games are risky :)

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@DougFunny said...

@anthonyVslater 13m13 minutes ago
    Warriors finally back to basketball tonight after eight days off. At Denver. Livingston resting. Everyone else should be available.

Was playing around last night and found a way to fit Steph, Klay, and KD in the same LU. I wonder if Kerr runs them nearly 30 mins since they had eight days off? Have to keep them in condition, right?

• sotnohc

RG Overall Ranking

Edit tried copying and pasting from statmuse but didn’t work. The stats look good – vs chicago is when GOATside had his trip dub with blocks last year.

https://www.statmuse.com/queries/122501ba-237d-4ed9-b434-eeeefde25626

• nateW

I’m going to admit I was waaaaay freaking off yesterday! Yesterday was bad as hell. But I’m back because I was smart enough to cancel a lineup at the last minute. Still have 3 dollars to play tonight. Really I shouldn’t have been playing yesterday. That was embarrassing.

• tnguyen77

@w3stcoastoff3ns3 said...

Was playing around last night and found a way to fit Steph, Klay, and KD in the same LU. I wonder if Kerr runs them nearly 30 mins since they had eight days off? Have to keep them in condition, right?

Yeah I think so, I’m running Durant tonight.

• tnguyen77

@sotnohc said...

Edit tried copying and pasting from statmuse but didn’t work. The stats look good – vs chicago is when GOATside had his trip dub with blocks last year.

https://www.statmuse.com/queries/122501ba-237d-4ed9-b434-eeeefde25626

I feel those stats might be misleading, since he’s playing Pau Gasol and the Spurs this time not the Pau Gasol and the Bulls.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@tnguyen77 said...

I feel those stats might be misleading, since he’s playing Pau Gasol and the Spurs this time not the Pau Gasol and the Bulls.

Pau Gasol and the Spurs this time less LaMarcus Aldridge.

• tnguyen77

• nateW

I want to play all the Warrior studs tonight, but they are playing Denver. It could be a blow out in the first quarter and then we see them getting a lot of rest.

• heyarnold1212

I wouldn’t jump so fast on that. Playing @ Denver is never a good idea to play 30 min after 8 days (games off). I could see 20 but 30 is a lot in Denver.

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@nateW said...

I want to play all the Warrior studs tonight, but they are playing Denver. It could be a blow out in the first quarter and then we see them getting a lot of rest.

I think with eight days rest and only a few preseason games left Kerr gives them a nice hard push. They want to have as much chemistry as possible before they start the season.

• Davidd0726

@sotnohc said...

Yeah instead of Duncan/LMA you now have Pau and David Lee probably starting? I am not scared of that at all with GOATside. There is merit to fading Dragic sure but Whiteside is a different animal. Plug and Play, differentiate somewhere else. Multi entry GPP sure, but if you are one or two lineups I am playing him.

Last season… if you did target anyone vs the Spurs, it would be the pointguard no?

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

Goran Dragic stats against the Spurs last year were hardly inspiring: 1 rebound, 4 assists, 0 blocks, 2 steals, 6 turnovers, and 4 points in 25 minutes the last time they met.

• AlexSonty

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@al3b3d3v said...

with jimmy sitting and mcdermott to start at the 3, I like george just as much as the other top small forwards today

I hated on the Pacers pace earlier, but the Magic could neutralize the pace. I prefer PG over Teague because PG can better fill the box score with things outside of points. The peripheral stats just matter that much more when minutes are condensed.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).